codex

The emperors chosen

I doubt that Demonhunter or witch hunter codexes will be so out of date by the time 6th edition comes around as to render them useless.

I think the Dark Angels would disagree. :(

If *everyone* needs updating to 5th, then it stands to reason that everyone will need updating to 6th. Always being at best an edition out of date (And at worst, three...), is a sorry state of affiars GW should *never* have allowed.

How hard would it be to update old codexes for a new edition, before you release newer versions of the army (becuase you've expanded thier mini range)?

It's not like GW doesn't have something like a monthly publication they could easily do this in.

It's either they don't care, or are too lazy to do so.

It's not like GW doesn't have something like a monthly publication they could easily do this in.

WD is little more than an overpriced catalog anymore, IMO. I get better hobby ideas from the various boards and sites on the internet. The last copy of WD I bought was right before the release of 5th edition, and I hadn't bought WD before that in at least 4 years.

I found it all went downhill when they started Lord of the rings, alot of the articles were for that because thats where the hype was, and now they are trying to bleed that stone because they put so much money into it, releasing models that didnt exsist in the films or books. Isnt their contract for Lord fo the rings up soon?

I used to have a stash of WD, i used to pick them up from carboot sales for 20p each, all the best stuff is in them, with little inspiration or useful guides in the newer ones, and better still their websites gone the same way!! Its gone sterile. What ever happened to making websites interesting to look at...everythings going WHITE!!

I think perhaps GW would be better off releasing demon hunters and chaos demons codex at the same time, they could play them off each other, mabey release like a vs box set or something sweeeet.

If *everyone* needs updating to 5th, then it stands to reason that everyone will need updating to 6th. Always being at best an edition out of date (And at worst, three...), is a sorry state of affiars GW should *never* have allowed.

Or how about this actually letting an edition sink in after you have all of the codexi up to date before jumping around to make a new edition. no offense but I liked 4th ed better, yes it was complicated but at least it made sense! I don't like having everything streamlined, I like playing something that is realistic and catches my mind away from normal everyday metagame thinking. also I liked victory points even if kill points make GK near unstoppable. sorry that I rant but since I only just really started playing 5th ugh that is all I have to say.

M8s u got it worng iirc.

They will NOT make any codex if army gots 5th edition codex.They ONLY made Ultra marines for the reasons u know(market,many ppl plat space marines)

Imperial codex will come out soon february march wioth some daemons miniatures(that they havent releashed with codex).Then some orks will come out(the ones that havent mad eout with new codex.

Theres a rumour that april probably new necrons will come out since they removed some HQ choises they had ONLY fro apocalypse.

At the end of 2009 they will release the NEW Dark Eldars full revise i think codex and minis.

With my wish and with my hopes since Lotro took a lot of there portion of work they gave theses 2 years nice Warhammer40k enthusiasm

theres a small probability that they will (cross fingers) make a Inq codex.Btw theres a photo of a NEW plastic miniature of Inquisitor army

,only a leg but that says a lot in bells of lost souls.

So between Necrons and Dark Eldars they might make a Inq codex or something else but since they will release Apocalyspe new at April i think and wish INQ CODEX........

Hey there! Welcome to B&C! The mini you saw is resin model from Forgeworld. It's something completely different from the usual GW releases.

=I= codex(es) are definitely not coming up until a few year (un)fortunately!

Phil

ps. you should try and avoid "leet" (things like M8) and try to watch your spelling. This will avoid you some flak!

M8s u got it worng iirc.

They will NOT make any codex if army gots 5th edition codex.They ONLY made Ultra marines for the reasons u know(market,many ppl plat space marines)

Imperial codex will come out soon february march wioth some daemons miniatures(that they havent releashed with codex).Then some orks will come out(the ones that havent mad eout with new codex.

Theres a rumour that april probably new necrons will come out since they removed some HQ choises they had ONLY fro apocalypse.

At the end of 2009 they will release the NEW Dark Eldars full revise i think codex and minis.

With my wish and with my hopes since Lotro took a lot of there portion of work they gave theses 2 years nice Warhammer40k enthusiasm

theres a small probability that they will (cross fingers) make a Inq codex.Btw theres a photo of a NEW plastic miniature of Inquisitor army

,only a leg but that says a lot in bells of lost souls.

So between Necrons and Dark Eldars they might make a Inq codex or something else but since they will release Apocalyspe new at April i think and wish INQ CODEX........

I'm a big time gamer, I know l337 speak, and even this is hard to read. I call shinanhuey on someones English teacher. Unless English is your second language, then I understand.

There's one word for anything relating to an official GW release for the forces of the inquisition.....SPECULATION!

Hands up who's listened to GW's 'Design Philosophy' podcast with Jes Goodwin? I'd thouroughly recommend it for everyone to tune in as it's a really good listen but in relation to updated codex stuff his comments on the dark eldar are very interesting. Basically the minis have been in development 'limbo' for at least a couple of years and it was stated that we shouldn't expect anything in the forseeable future. Now with this being the case for DE and having seen the odd prototype mini for them here and there I'm not hopefull for anything anytime this decade and I'm not holding my breath for the next one either.

There's been no sight nor sound of development sisters from either GW or FW. The GK's on the other hand are going to get a bit of a leg up from the new FW book and I'd have to say that it's going to be a fair indicator of what direction they may take in a future GW release, but untill the time that GW start advertising the release of new =][= stuff it's fair to say that anything that is said is pretty much smoke, mirrors and guesswork.

Dark Eldar are scheduled, last I heard (and this was, IIRC, the official schedule from someone in GW), for a codex next year or early the year after. Something along the lines of Space Wolves / Guard / Dark Eldar. GW does not like to give out hints that theya are going to release a codex soon, they want people to continue buying models up until the very moment before they release a codex and new set of minis.

Umm, I'd like to make a slight objection. Last edition I noticed a rough pattern to the updates, at least the first three. It went Sm Codex / Non-Sm related codex (tyranids) / Sm related codex (Black Templars)

If they were to repeat the same pattern this time round, which it sounds like they might as the IG codex sounded almost finished a few WD's ago, then the pattern could be IG Codex / Space Wolves / Dark Eldar.

Umm, I'd like to make a slight objection. Last edition I noticed a rough pattern to the updates, at least the first three. It went Sm Codex / Non-Sm related codex (tyranids) / Sm related codex (Black Templars)

If they were to repeat the same pattern this time round, which it sounds like they might as the IG codex sounded almost finished a few WD's ago, then the pattern could be IG Codex / Space Wolves / Dark Eldar.

I agree that this is a possible release schedule, but it would mean at least three Imperium army codex releases in a row. That's an entire year of nothing but attention to the Imperials. As much as the Marines are 40% of 40K's business ... that still sounds like a public relations disaster in the making, essentially flipping the bird to anyone not playing an Imperial army for a year ... or even longer! If GW is smart, they'll work very hard to get in a Xenos release after the IG. Necrons seem to be the likeliest candidate at this moment in time.

And considering some of the advantages the 3rd codex brings us I don't even really mind that much.

I feel much more frustrated with my 4th edition but really really ready for 5th dark Angels codex....

Strange how the dice rols sometimes.

Archived