Fallout themed army...

Tauren

Secondly judging as nuclear reactions are based on the amount of nuclear material found it would make sense that a small nuclear device with a very effective (after all it was created after the war, and had about 150 years (200 is the setting of the game)) detonator can come into existance simply by sheer use.

The Davy Crockett was about as small as a nuke can go before there's not enough critical mass to cause a detonation.

The mini nuke launcher in fallout is smaller than that. (the davy crockett weighs 80+ kilograms and that's without the launcher)

Want to talk about realistic, what about the alien weapons from fallout?

1950s science fiction.

Which is an important part of the setting, as well as the general 1950s in the future feeling.

or the star trek cafe? or the bridge from monty python?

Fallout two had way too many eastereggs that didn't fit the setting, unlike fallout 1.

Atleast in fallout 3 you can take affects from radiation... because you know, the worst problem with radiation was the side effects of the over sized creatures that tried to kill you.

Then you've never been seriously radiated in fallout 1 or 2, have you?

Because in there you can suffer: Dehydration, nausea, vomiting, hair falling out, growing a 6th toe(F2 only), and eventually death. Go to The Glow without Rad-X and you'll probably won't make it back to the Brotherhood of Steel, if you even get out at all. Not to mention that your statistics will be lowered at very high radiation levels.

Not to mention the combat where I could kill anyone with a pistol by shooting them in the eye no matter the area or monster type. They did a good job, period.

Did I say anything about the combat system?

I prefer turn-based.

it wasn't like anything I played in fallout 3 where I literally got to enter "The matrix" of fallout 3 in a fifties retro world of perfection

Which is exactly the feeling that the original developers *didn't* want.

The reason why there's "super mutants" is because thats pretty much what they thought could happen if you're exposed to radiation back in the 50s.

AI in the original game led to some rather stupid problems as well, but then again the AI in previous games never ambushed you, or set up explosive traps on the floor, or shot at you from an elevated position, or circled you, or many more things.

Not to mention a 10-year gap in AI developement...

So let me get this straight, this is 1950's science fiction, but a miniature nuke is to much suspension of your own imagination for your taste?

This is an alternate time-line... where miniature powered nuclear cars exist, its highly probable if they were able to harness that on such a small level (because a nuclear plant is simply a harnessed and controled nuclear reaction) that miniature nukes can exist.

As for radiation and the glow... the only real radiation threat in the entire game, when equipped with rad resistance, the rad innoculation, rad-x resistances you can get by exploring in fallout 2 you can go to the glow and not have anything fall off or grow anything. So that said You technically can avoid using rad-x at all because the holo-disk was on the first level. In fallout 3 you have to worry about food, radiation, ghouls that spray you with radiation and worse. Radiation was mostly ignored in the fallout 1 and 2 except for a few token instances... IE the glow.

On top of that I am of course speaking of the Matrix vault, where the occupants were put into a sleep and having their thoughts transmitted to them by the machinery there as a scientific experiment, something that many of the vaults underwent as the vault system was not only a survival bit but a giant experiment by vault-tek.

Additionally turn-based while fun did not allow many elements that were important within a post apoc world combat, the random rubble that you would take cover behind.

10 year gap in AI that has done nothing... Every game has poor AI problems, especially at release and often patch them afterwards. I take advantage of stupid zombies in Left4dead, at least in fallout they shot at me and hit me, and on hard-mode are dangerous enough to kill me without a question. In fallout 2 I never feared q

This is an alternate time-line... where miniature powered nuclear cars exist, its highly probable if they were able to harness that on such a small level (because a nuclear plant is simply a harnessed and controled nuclear reaction) that miniature nukes can exist.

The whole process of a nuclear reactor is radically different from that of a nuke.

In fallout 3 you have to worry about food, radiation, ghouls that spray you with radiation and worse. Radiation was mostly ignored in the fallout 1 and 2 except for a few token instances... IE the glow.

Radiation is overdone in F³.

Additionally turn-based while fun did not allow many elements that were important within a post apoc world combat, the random rubble that you would take cover behind.

To-hit modifiers, just like we had in 2nd edition. :P

Or the cover save we have now.

F³ was made by people who tried to make a game like it, without knowing what its really like.

I think we can agree that from F2 on, the one that stayed most true to the original two, really was fallout tactics. Van Buren would have been able to beat that easily.

Btw, in VB, Harold was going to have a happy ending where he lived in a garden of eden.

Anyways, getting back on track..

The ork buggies and wartracks would be good to make fallouty vehicles.

A nuclear reaction is a controlled version of the same used for a nuclear bomb... The idea behind the nuclear reaction of a reactor is simply limiting and controlling the reaction so as to have the free particles released not colliding with additional atoms or what is the base of a nuclear reaction. A nuclear bomb the reaction to occur at an accelerated rate till such time as the fuel and the assembly breaks apart, consuming the fuel at a high rate and causing tremendous energy at a very small point which then spreads outward.

*Shrug* I think it worked just fine and continue to... I'm still grateful that the game isn't dead, like it would be without the new studio.

Hmmm... none the less, I felt tactics had its faults just as much as fallout 3... but fallout 3 was a re imagining of a dead game... Can't build a game like fallout 1 or 2, nor would I want it to be. Those games are dated and not really up to date graphics nor interface wise. *Shrug* Sadly fallout tactics was followed up but something similar to it in the fallout BOS, which was a load of garbage, one of the many games that tried to take advantage of the 3d graphics of the new consoles but failed utterly.

That said beth already owns the rights for the MMO version of fallout online so I suspect that some more of the games will be produced by them in the future.

As for the vehicles I think iconic vehicles would make the best to bring out the look if you are going true fallout. Besides the power-armor maybe some simple army trucks that have been de-orkized in addition to a torn down rhino. I think the armor on the rhino is too perfect and clean... need to slice into that thing. Ork copters would make for an easy modification as well for vertibirds when combined with something like a bike. Would require alot of green stuff work though, use the copters as the extended propeller wings and the tail, build the fuselage out of the bike... build on some extra armor, green stuff the hell out of it and sand paper it flat. Motorcycles wouldn't be out of place either.

Interestingly: http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1735

Has some interesting images of re skinning done...

A nuclear reaction is a controlled version of the same used for a nuclear bomb... The idea behind the nuclear reaction of a reactor is simply limiting and controlling the reaction so as to have the free particles released not colliding with additional atoms or what is the base of a nuclear reaction. A nuclear bomb the reaction to occur at an accelerated rate till such time as the fuel and the assembly breaks apart, consuming the fuel at a high rate and causing tremendous energy at a very small point which then spreads outward.

Wrong, the isotopes used are entirely different, and a fusion reaction keeps itself going, unlike a nuke.

but fallout 3 was a re imagining of a dead game...

Dead to the world perhaps but not to NMA.

*Shrug* Sadly fallout tactics was followed up but something similar to it in the fallout BOS, which was a load of garbage, one of the many games that tried to take advantage of the 3d graphics of the new consoles but failed utterly.

Because consoles themselves are utterly fail.

Besides the power-armor maybe some simple army trucks that have been de-orkized in addition to a torn down rhino.

But yes, I think that would work pretty well.

Ork copters would make for an easy modification as well for vertibirds when combined with something like a bike.

I think that'd be too small for what a vertibird does... transporting an entire squad of enclave soldiers.

I'd have to be between a rhino and a valkyrie in size to do that.

Interresting, but only those Veridians come the closest to being fallouty.

And even then they look awefully much like the GW storm troopers.

The material is not what I am talking about but rather the concept. With a nuclear reactor the reaction is kept just barely alive and produces large amounts of energy. With a nuclear bomb the reaction is allowed to run exponentially out of control at an accelerated rate until it can no longer be contained and consumes the fuel.

As for rhino's, I'll be the first to say that the vehicles aren't to scale. You couldn't fit 10 marines into a rhino if you melted them down to plastic sludge and poured them in.

As for the miniatures they are prime for conversions to many areas... Arbites, servitors, robots, etc. Alot of open ideas and they are relatively cheap compared to some miniatures.

Something about this miniature reminds me of the Iron men soldiers from Caiaphas Cain.

http://www.urbanmammoth.co.uk/acatalog/34607.jpg

I am not at my house (parent's house) so I am afraid no work has occured on any of my miniatures, let alone the shaman I need to finish basing and sealing for my beasts of chaos army. Additionally I need to get my hands on hexagonal plasti-rod and guitar wire in addition to fluorescent rod.

Archived