New to the Wolves

Flood NZ

The standard pose of holding a bolter and looking down range. Of course one or two look great, but when I see a full pack of them looking the same, I call it the "toy soldier look" as it reminds me of those cheap plastic models that I melted, cut, and blew up with fire crackers.

WG Vrox

Ahh... I get what your saying, but dont really agree. I prefer that look myself. While true grit would allow them to fight in CC with a bolter one-handed, if they are not actively engaged in CC they would use both hands to hold and aim.

Eh, guess its a preference thing. I think those look better than the one-handed axe-over-the-head helmetless berserkers that I see most folks use for their wolves. In fact, the only models in my army without helmets are blood claws (and long fangs, but those are older models). I might have a few grey hunters without helmets, but most keep them on. :)

Like you said just a matter of personal perference, however I have seen some really cool shooting poses. using a scope to aim, holding up the bolter to aim. in the middle of a reload, clearing a jam....... really no limit on making each pose unique.

With the pack I posted, I hoped their pose suggests a snap shot of of an action sceen. I invisioned them just going into CC or just coming out of it, so there are some shooting, some finishing up in CC, a few in the standard pose while others are using the true grit pose in various stages of combat.

WG Vrox

Archived