The Librarium Painting Challenge

I am not going to be able to finish my oath this time around.

Since it started I've had a death in the family, an illness

in the family and a change in job status and have just not

been able to squeak out any time to work on my projects.

Everyone's stuff looks so good and I hope to slap some

paint soon.

BigJon

I too am announcing defeat. I have turned to the dark side and I am now painting Tyranids for future play. That is not to say I do not enjoy my space marine paint jobs, I find they are very complex and look great so far, I just think I need something nice and easy to paint for a while.

I’ve got a ton of work left but I’ll not declare defeat yet. Actually, I think I’m in the zone to finish right on time. Here’s the latest WIP update.

The final model I needed to assemble was the Trogaddon conversion and here he is thus far:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/OwlandMoonGuy/Pre-H%20Research/LW-Tariq-WIP-1.jpg

So of the original commitment:

10-Tac marines w/ML, Flamer & sarge w/PF – 7/10 marines done (the other 3 are ½ done or so)

Counts as Razorback – Done; finished up the gunner over the weekend.

SM Capt. – Converted, based & primed

I think I can mop this up nicely through the week. Here’s hoping anyway.

-OmG

I am shamed as I didn't even start the four minis I had intended to paint for this challenge.

There is no excuse. I use challenges as extra motivation to get painting but this time even that didn't work.

An article shall be forthcoming.

Three more days till the deadline, and yet I have to announce that I wont be able to finish the last item of my vow/commitment: my scratchbuilt/conversion Venerable Furioso Dreadnought. I offer no other excuse/reason except I felt that I need more time to properly do the conversion.

I blame the Single-Awareness-and Couple-Appreciation (aka Valentines) week >;)

With that, my sincere apologies, and as I have agreed to the terms, owe the Librarium an article...

Just a few 'touch-ups' on my attack bike followed by transfers (ran out of metal shoulders pad, doh!!!) and then all the pictures will be uploaded later on this evening.

I'm so proud of myself haha. :tu:

Fifteen more assualt marines, one baal and another attack bike and I'll have the army I want, thankfully they aren't part of the vow because I'm so so so bored of painting red now!! ;)

Likewise, I'm not going to finish. Work and university commitments are taking all my time. Add in the fact that somewhere in the last couple of weeks I managed to.. uh... "misplace" three arms and a backpack from my half painted minis and it becomes a definite write-off.

As promised an article will be forthcoming (Librarium people, let me know if there's anything in particular you want) but, like the completion of the minis, will have to wait until the summer when essays and exams are out the way and my life becomes my own again.

I'm sooo close to admitting defeat. My terminators are only base coated, my dread is about 80% done and the tac squad i failed to complete last year still need chapter symbols, details and the las-cannon marine to be done. I am currently drowning in uni work but hopefully i'll find a few hours over hte next couple of evening to get the dread done at least.

Al

I'm sooo clooose to finishing my vow. I've completed all my missile launcher Marines, my flamer Marine, and my biker. The only thing I have left is the refurbished Rhino chassis for my Razorback, and I'm working diligently to complete it by the evening of the 28th.

Tanks are hard to paint!

I admit defeat...

I failed badly, in actual effect I only managed to paint a measily Ven Dreadnought...which wasnt even part of my challenge either. Another challenge failed...only 2 years in a row....sniff.....sob.........

Curse you real life! Curse you to damnation! <flails fists wildly before falling to floor sobbing uncontrollably, shoulders visibly shaking>

My will is undone!

Corpus :D

Think I'll be wearing the banner of failure soon :wacko: Real life came up and bit my arse, as well as not getting motivated enough! I will do my best and try to finish by saturday.

As a look on the bright side, my only real progress began in the last few days. I got my tac squad main armour all done and finished 3 of them. So 3 marines down 13 to go lol!

Um, :D how do i get the 'I've finished' Sig then?

Medusa

Click me.

It would seem an appropriate moment to announce my own failure...at painting one marine. My total progress was one leg fully painted, rest of the model basecoated. I attempted some plasma lighting effects and glows, but I couldn't get it to my satisfaction. My dissatisfaction with what I'd done really put me off and I've never really liked having to paint my models. An article will be forthcoming for the Librarium.

Here's my WIP TDA Marshal : gallery_26197_1963_9385.jpg

There'll be only one WIP as I forgot to take more pics...

Finished model will be posted in a couple hours !

And here's the finished model. Sadly I f****ed up the varnish step so he looks very shiny. But in a way it fits with the name of my crusade : Lustrum

I hope I completed the oath, eventhough I only posted one WIP pic...

gallery_26197_1963_15061.jpg

Archived