Death Guard Tactica

DemetriiTZ

Don't feel so bad. I've had an Eldar player try to tell me that his Farseer could join a squadron of Warwalkers, and actually had to pause the game while I looked up the exact page numbers that proved him wrong. Eldar players are one of the armies I'm most likely to hate playing against, purely because of the player behind the army. Thankfully, we have some very cool Eldar players around, also. Balances things out.

Well, you're certainly free to write up your own DG Tactica, but I'd originally planned on making a section for each army. This is sort of a personal project of mine ... I'm certainly not monopolizing the board. Just my thread. :)

curse you.. i am far too lazy to roll with my own ideas much less format them.. alright fine if i disagree to a huge degree i will start my own strat, but if nothing else id imagine knowing myself i would just comment on yours. off you go dude =) good luck

The most likely order of updates will be:

Tyranids

Orks

Chaos Daemons

Space Marines

Sisters / Grey Knights / Inquisition (in general)

Tau

Dark Eldar

Chaos (other Legios ... if you know the Death Guard, you know how to fight the Death Guard. )

well as Demi will do the tacticas ill do a small one for you for sisters and marines..

sisters come in one of two ways, mobile sisters or mass sisters.

mobile sisters make lots of use of jump packs or immolaters..

the trick to them is to pick off the transports and make them fight on your terms. make use of land raiders and allow winged princes to tie up squads that have had their taxis taken out. basically just get them in combat and you should be just fine. as they are just guardsmen with power armor in combat and more expensive.. yup

as for massed sisters, do the land raider tank shock trick, flamer them once they are massed up and again mop up with demon princes.

where ever they have meltas just get there first with a demon prince and make sure they dont bother you. because lets face it meltas hurt.

Played my first game using the the tactica at the weekend - have binned most of my expensive champions - now just have 2 - dropped all of my plasma guns for meltas and flamers and I was amazed at the results.

I lost a Land Raider, rhino and four plague marines from 2 squads, to my opponents losses of a Land Raider, Vindicator, 2 tactical marine squads, a squad of vetrans (All five killed by a high rolling DP in one round of combat), space marine captain and 3 terminators. The key to my success not fearing the PMs low initiative - T5 more than makes up for it.

The highlight for me was when one of my DPs was charged by a group of termies lead by a Chappy and a captain - He rolled all 6s to hit but how his face fell when he rolled 1&2 to wound.

This Tactica ROCKS!

yay tacticas!!!

yeah this stuff im recommending is all tried and true, T5 and FNP is nothing to spit at...

meltas and flamers just offer a much more agressive and in your face style of play that death guard can very much do well. plasma guns cost too much and do not help you do the things you need to do... theres nothing plasma can do that meltas or flamers cant.

i useing my list to face some IG, they run Demo LR and a baskli, i have two LR and 3 obli, My main question is how to deal with that basakil becuase it will be hideing behind something. I was thing of useing my rhino sq to sprint arcoss the feild and call in my GUO to smack it. But what to deal with 2 lascannon sq thats 6 lascannon. I have a flying DP with mon and warptime, so he can take down most IG sq in one round of combat. The player doesnt give his vets and power weapons. So he will rock almost all IG sq he come in to contact with.

Its just his tanks that i am a little worry about. i think 2 lr and 3 obli will be good AT. The hellhounds will be a point sink for him there not going to hurt me, with 12av front, the x 2 meltaguns will take them out.

The other thing is that i have a little over 30Pm in the list, so i am going to out number by alot. I hopeing Havo luncher will help thin down the numbers.

sorry for the long post i type rather fast and stacks up quickly

flamers should quickly clean out the numbers, we did the tactica on it earlier, just tank shock with both your raiders and jump out with the flamers and they are all stacked up on either side, so punish them for being human.

as for the basilisk, you can deep strike the oblits, have them nuke it turn two or something. or just find any way to shoot at it with the land raiders...

Or, an even better idea... if he's hiding behind something, he's firing the Basilisk indirectly. If he fires it indirectly, the minimum range is huge... i.e., he cannot fire the gun closer than, I believe, 36'' away from the Basilisk, if fired indirectly. Keep it out of line of sight, and get close to it. Then, ignore it. And even if the IG outnumber you around 6 to 1, you'll still be fine. 6 lascannons at BS3, with smoke launchers and cover saves to stop 'em, is not particularly spooky.

Yeah play the game it was frist test run with the army. I think i lost 3 PM and a rino, The DP took out two sq, while the GUO drop another whole sq and lascannon team as well as hellhound. The oblits DS near his tanks i was more worry about demo and russ than that bask once the game started. I use them to knock out the demo, thats one thing i dont want droping pie plates on my PM or LR. Lucky for me i blew it up. And he chose to shoot the Russ at the DP and miss with the cannon.

The game was really one sided, from turn one on. Once his tanks were knock out he could not slow down my assualt with the DP, and I left my rhino sq with 2 flamers to support the GUO, which x 2 flamer than hit them with the GUO and flowed by PM is pure nasty. Lucky for me the baski took care of its self missing all it shoots and than once i got close to it meltaguns took care of it.

All in all it was a good game, but i would like to see how my list stacks up with other armys next one is a Deathwing list. That should be a fun list.

I think next time i play IG or a horde lsit i might try out nurgle rot. Even thou wartime work so well. Has anyone use the nurgle rot to any good effects?

Honestly, Warp Time seems like a safe bet, no matter what happens. Nurgle's Rot hits a Horde list like a hammer, sometimes clearing 15 (or more) Orks or Guardsmen in one use. However, when you run into Marines, you rarely see very much impact. Warp Time works equally effectively on Marines, Monstrous Creatures, Orks, Guardsmen, and vehicles... You can never really go wrong. In friendly games, NR is fun. If I'm in a Tourney, I use WT, period.

Yeah i see ur point with nr not doing much to SM or CSM. But next time i play a horde style list i am going to try it. I do have a rematch with that IG player comeing up, So i think i'll make the switch that should shock him. Right now out games are at 1750 but some want to bump up 2250 for ard boy practics. So i am thinking of maybe takeing another NDP. Or sq of lesser deamons.

I think two NDP whit warptime will help out in turny play. Or maybe one with wartime and the other with NR. That way i keep them togerther and they can hand out a lot of damge.

Or should i add sq of lesser deamons 3 A on the turn they DS, plus the can hold obj that could prove usefull.

In a tournament, Lesser Daemons are pretty ineffective for an army which holds it's own in close combat. You will actually end up screwing yourself over if you use 'em in combination with Plague Marines, as a smart foe will dedicate their attacks into the Lesser Daemons and their 5+ save, which will often force you to take Fearless No Retreat wounds you would have otherwise avoided. As for NR in a Tourney, again, you were probably better off with the first idea -- a pair of WT Nurgle Princes with Wings will scare the Hell out of people. Even better if you have stuff to hide behind.

Thanks for the info on lesser deamons, i will not add them, as for THe NDP its going to be wartime only for the turny list. I did how every try out NR in a fun gun with a nother IG list, it broke two sq and made them run. Yeah i got suff for them to hide be hinde. The frist turny is 1750 so there only one NDP in the list. But When we jump up to 2250 thats when the number 2 comes in. With twp NDP and a greater deamon slaming in to my opt army suppport with 2 land raiders and 3 oblit the to much threats out there for the to handle. And the PM will be in support.

Archived