A Space Wolf army with an Ordo Malleus Inqusitor

Menathorn

Well, then I'll take the mini and build an Inqusitor force for it instead.

I think it would have been rather cool to have an Inqusitor i a SW force, cool seeing them all kick Chaos around!

To the person who mentioned the First War for Armageddon as putting the Wolves in the Inquisition's good books, it's not as simple as that.

Yes, you did turn up and lay down the Pax Imperialis at Armageddon. But, once the conflict was over, the Inquisition rounded up all the civilians, purged them, and resettled the planet to prevent the Chaos taint from remaining. This caused Logan Grimnar to have an almighty rant at the Inquisition, causing the rift between them to widen even more. Then, to add to that, Grimnar refused to have the rank-and-file Wolves mind-scrubbed to prevent them knowing about the Grey Knights (Senior officers are allowed to remember, as long as you are First/Second Founding), gave the Inquisition the finger, and promptly went back to Fenris.

So, your participation in the First War for Armageddon still leaves a sour taste in the Inquisition's mouth. Don't expect them to be singing the Wolves' praises for their part in that conflict. :)

Touche. Of course, no offense but in the words of many a wolf "the inquisition can sod off".

But we shall note that its not the only occaision weve fought together, and of the three ordos, would you not agree Malleus the most likely to enjoy our company?

Well also remember that there are many different factions of the Inquisition and I'm sure out of all the Inquisitors there are some who aren't off their rockers and will work just fine with the Wolves. =P

I do think that Malleus would be the Ordos most likely to work with the Wolves and also Xenos.....Hereticus....not so much....

I quite agree with Grey Mage. Whilst our aims are (roughly) the same - protect the Imperium from whatever might assail it (I'm aware your a little more specific than that, but you'll quite happily curb stomp anything that gets in your way) the problem that the Wolves and the =][= often run into is the means by which this is to be achieved.

That said, we don't get on with the Hereticus because of our general reputation as mutants and heretics amongst some of the more puritanical elements of their order... fangs, bodily hair and not believing the Emperor is a God doesn't go down well. That, and Logan once drank the Grand Master of the Hereticus so far under the table he couldn't move for a week.

In the end though, we do not associate with the Daemon and will purge it wherever found. At the End of Days, when Russ and the Emperor will return to us we shall stand alongside the Grey Knights, proud to call them our allies.

Touche. Of course, no offense but in the words of many a wolf "the inquisition can sod off".

But we shall note that its not the only occaision weve fought together, and of the three ordos, would you not agree Malleus the most likely to enjoy our company?

Ooh, I think I may have actually used that line here in the Fang a few dozen times. No wonder I get all the hate mail from the =][= these days. :P

I do think that Malleus would be the Ordos most likely to work with the Wolves and also Xenos.....Hereticus....not so much....

Agreed. Then again, Malleus will be most annoyed when Grimnar refuses to allow them to mind-scrub the Blood Claws of the knowledge of the GKs existence. We're more secretive than a DA Inner Circle game of Chinese Whispers.

If I get to play another Massive Apoc game then the Inqusitor is in, but might be better to leave them off the Wolf train for the time being?

If you were to kit an Inqusitor for Wolf Service, how would you kit him? And why?

I've been playing with the idea of adding in a =][= Inquisitor for my forces, whether it be Ordo Malleus or Ordo Hereticus, and model them as a House Belsarius Navigator, for some non-Stormcaller psychic power. That's always a fluffy way to add in an Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor.

Best way to equip an OM =][= would be a Psychic Hood, Psycannon, Sage, 2x Mystic and 3x Gun Servitors and a Familiar (for the Meat Shield.)

That way you get a counter Psychic and the ability to blast any nearby Deep Strikers. And if you take the elite =][= it's less than 150pts I think.

Well then, the mini I was thinking of has a Sword and a Shield as his primary weapons, I was thinking of some way to incorpet a Warrior Inqusitor into the SW, but that might not be all that good. We need the shooting more. Am I not correct?

IMO there is too much asking whether a group is friendly to or gets along with the Inquisition. Inquisitors are sent by the Ordo Malleus or the Ordo Hereticus for the purposes of the Ordo, not for the convenience of whatever other forces happen to be assigned to the location. How the Space Wolves or nany other organization happens to feel about the presence of the Inquisitor is also not a consideration. Allies don't have to be requested, sometimes they just arrive unannounced and you make the best of it, albeit grudgingly.

I like the final story in our codex... its hilarious.

But yeah, we need the shooting more. Its in a priority elites slot though.... so this isnt an easy choice. Still, stormshield and power sword isnt a bad combo on an inquisitor.

I think he was simply refering to the fact that the Wolves have in fact told inquisitors to sod off.... however I do agree with you in that if you show up on Altaric IV and so does an inquisitor and his 500 storm troopers and handful of sentinels, well there he is and there isnt a whole lot you can do about it even if he ends up being a prick.

I'd tend to look at it from THIS vantage point… "there isn't much HE (the Inquisitor and his underlings) could do about MY showing up"

Yeah, that's pretty much the correct attiditude to take.

They might have the authority of the God Emperor, but we're his favoured sons.

Grantyr, Doctor Thunder is talking about having an inquisitor "count as" a WGBL. Not necessarily convert the model into one.

Right, I mean use the model as it is, but use the rules for a Wolf Guard Battle Leader with Terminator Armor, a Storm Shield (which uses the new rules thank to the SW codex's incompleteness), and a Frostblade.

Archived