Angels of Vengeance.

Farquhar

WOW Grand Master. Very nicley well done. Beautiful.

@ Farquhar, why did you leave GW the first time?

The company were going under and sales were down - Mattel were on the horizon to buy us out and turn the hobby into toys.

Basically all of the store managers in the south west jumped ship at the same time including Fred Reed (who was my area manager) - did Eavy Metal for a bit then got sick of Nottingham (apologies to anyone that may be from Nottingham!).

That was it - I miss 'loose metal' runs tho.

Loose Metal: Being let loose in the mail order warehouse in Lenton at the head office and then paying by weight.

P.S. Picked up Marneus Calgar and 6 honour guard on the weekend - now where is my Green Stuff?

First all, good user name... just because my second name is Farquhar :devil:

It a shame you left the eavy metal team, myself I work for GW for a short time last year for a little bit as part time. Was aim to work for the model making area (finish HND course in Glasgow :cry: ). Also shame the mail order "pay by weight" went before I join :(

As for starting Angels of Vengeance, you should start a project log in the painting area. Would be good to see the army from scratch to finish.

IP

WOW Grand Master. Very nicley well done. Beautiful.

@ Farquhar, why did you leave GW the first time?

The company were going under and sales were down - Mattel were on the horizon to buy us out and turn the hobby into toys.

Basically all of the store managers in the south west jumped ship at the same time including Fred Reed (who was my area manager) - did Eavy Metal for a bit then got sick of Nottingham (apologies to anyone that may be from Nottingham!).

That was it - I miss 'loose metal' runs tho.

Loose Metal: Being let loose in the mail order warehouse in Lenton at the head office and then paying by weight.

P.S. Picked up Marneus Calgar and 6 honour guard on the weekend - now where is my Green Stuff?

First all, good user name... just because my second name is Farquhar <_<

It a shame you left the eavy metal team, myself I work for GW for a short time last year for a little bit as part time. Was aim to work for the model making area (finish HND course in Glasgow :angry: ). Also shame the mail order "pay by weight" went before I join :ph34r:

As for starting Angels of Vengeance, you should start a project log in the painting area. Would be good to see the army from scratch to finish.

IP

Thanks for the comment on my user name (it's actually my middle name!).

As soon as my first unit is painted I'll stick them (and the rest of my 2000pt force) in the 'Project Log' area.

P.S. Which GW did work at?

• 1 year later...

Well well well...

I'm still here lurking (if anyone was wondering) and I still have my AOV army which is now just shy of 6000pts!!

Been playing loads over the last 2 yrs with my Chaos, Ork, Guard and Eldar friends...not so much can be said for the painting front though having only finished 2 tactical squads and a razorback!

I plan to re-launch this thread and will get some pics up asap!!

Hope you are all well?

Archived