Convince me.

Lord Antharis

I agree, if you want to play Space Wolves, or any other army, then you shouldn't need convincing... if you do need convincing then deep down, you don't actually want to play them.

Its a feeling more than anything else, you feel the wolf in side or you dont, with the new dex coming there will be a lot of new players becourse of the new rules, we will welcome them all to the great halls of Fenris, but when the dex is 10 years old again, ill still be here, with my fellow wolves feasting and drinking.

So come on in and have some ale with us and start off mental and get wise, or go to the BA and start sane and go mental.

Now, some normal info ;)

If you like converting and making every model stand out, be more close quarter and close combat orientated go wolves.

If you like to hit the enemy hard in CC and have free units that are insane go BC.

In the end it's still your gut feeling, making an army is expensive, so make sure you know what you want :)

Satisfy my curiousity? What draws you to Space Wolves in the first place?

I know what grabbed my attention in the first place and then why I chose them as my army when I first got started with 40K but I'd like to hear what makes you state that "I'd like to play Space Wolves"…?

As the others have said, it's a feeling more than anything else...

Do you like the idea of vikings in space? Then they might be for you...

For me it's the vikingyness, the special feel of the army and the fluff...

As an army it's CC oriented so if you're more after a shooty army, it's probably not for you...

If you've read Battle For The Abyss and your favourite character was the Wolf Guard, then you should probably get an ale and come join us in the fang...

Well it might have started with the Space Wolf being the only marine book I took seriously considering that overconfidence in your own superpower being often punished. I like the chapter's attitude, I like wolves and I like the colour.

Would a basecoat of Shadow grey with an overcoat of SW grey work?

Played about with a Viking name generator, does Jorund sound space wolfy?

max has got a bit of it. i never thought of converting much up but i find my self doing it now. the wolves are the only chapter which is closest to legion as it comes. we live for the fight, but respect our boundaries when i comes to celebrating. we care about the civilians, it is a main reason why the DAs hate us so. we prefer packs to units, though they look a like. we know to respect our leaders, those older then us are wiser, and our structure is set up that way. we come from one of the roughest planets in the universe. we are awaiting the return of our primarch, and when he does, the wolf time or end time will begin.

basically if you are looking to get in the thick of it with most of you units, and shed some blood. and a chapter with a large amount of fluff, then the wolves are for you. think vikings (it comes up a lot around here) in power armor, and you have the space wolves. i would have to say every one is right, which do you like best? the wolves have always been my favorite space marine chapter, even before i started playing them. they are just so cool, and i love 'em, and once again like max said, after we are the flavor of the season, i will still be wondering the great halls grumbling about the blood claws like a dwarf.

the choice is yours, choose wisely and i hope i helped.

IIRC we had have a agreement that we don´t explain why others should start with SW. New whelps should explain us why we should except them in the Fang. Correct me if i´m wrong.

yeah you are right, it just seems that "no search" and stubborn get us posts like this and it fun to try and remember ever thing i said last time.

OK I think I'm convinced :)

I'm bad at green stuff. Would the plastic captain model be ok from a fluff point of view?

In general it´s ok. It´s not really complicated to gs some furs. Some wolfy bits from the SW sprue would also a good idea.

Why do the new guys always asked to be convinced? Cant anyone make up their own minds anymore.... whatever happened to bloodclaws being headstrong and stubborn? *sighs*.

Still, welcome to the fang, your packs over there..... the ale is over here. Any questions? ;).

GS is airdrying - leave it overnight.

Now Whelp, as those who are older and wiser than I have said: Why do you want to play Wolves? What is it about our long and glorious history that draws you to us? Do you feel on these cold winter nights the call of the Were-kin?

Also, new whelps must give us Greybeards an ale - 'tis a right of passage, or something like that.

If you've read Battle For The Abyss and your favourite character was the Wolf Guard, then you should probably get an ale and come join us in the fang...

If you read Battle for the Abyss, who else is there to like?

Well, Skraal. But still. Definitely not the main character.

To the OP: Pick up or borrow the current Codex, check the IA, look at some models. Space Wolves are cool.

*whispers* Mhotep was cool too. *flees*

For the Space Wolves fluff, your nearly one stop shop is the Space Wolves: A Comprehensive History which as far as I'm aware includes all information on the Space Wolves dating all the way back to 2nd Edition. Read and learn young Blood Claw.

That said why play wolves? Cause they're awesome, get drunk, have a laugh, run around with giant man eating wolves... need I say more?

As for your Wolf Lord, just use some Space Wolfy bits from a Blood Claw or Grey Hunter Squad, no conversion necessary.

But GS Wolf Pelts are easy. Putting GS over the Captains cloak works, if you want to add pelts to other models its equally easy. Place a thin piece of GS where you want the pelt to be and let it dry, that will be the base of the pelt, then after it's dry layer a second thin bit of GS over that and cut at it with a wet knife to make the hairs of the pelt, then let that dry and any places that don't have enough hair, repeat the second step till your satisfied. Works wonderfully IMO.

IIRC we had have a agreement that we don´t explain why others should start with SW. New whelps should explain us why we should except them in the Fang. Correct me if i´m wrong.

thats the first thing i thought when i saw this post...

sides, if a person cannot use the search function and needs answers spoon fed to them, play ultramarines. they cant think for themselves anyway...

wolf lord kieran

I disagree. How about we just explain why we individually love space wolves. Antharis may be 50/50 in his army selection and is just looking for that extra "push" to make that final decision. The " why do they ask us if they should join, they should ask us if they can join" mentality is really not helpful. :D

For me, I love the independent, stubborn, noble, very loyal, and absolutely kick tail, ale drinking style of space wolves. I've always been fond of techno barbarian types, and I love the wolf animal.

Archived