Rogal Dorn, And his honour guard.

BrotherZaah

Sure:

1 Emperors Champion

1 Vanguard Squad Leaders arms.

GW hobby tool kit. Or a pin vice, a jewellers saw, greenstuff, a sculpting tool, some paper clip and clippers.

Make sure you follow this in order as changing the order could make certain actions near impossible to perform.

Cut the sword off the vets arm just below the hilt (it was reused on another honour guard) drill down the pommel through the two hands.

Cut the non sword arm off the Emperors champion and green stuff any damage done to the breast plate.

File off the crux terminatus on the vanguards left pad. (again make sure you do this before gluing it all together)

Plop a dot of paint on the inside of both pads and line them up with the champions torso positioning them how you want. The dots of paint should have transferred to the champions arm sockets so drill into the dots on both the pads and the torso.

Pin the arms into position. (remember the arms should be bladeless and drilled, it would be next to impossible to try to do that if you've already put the arms on the model)

Cut the blade off the Champions sword arm just below the hilt.

Drill carefully and straight up into the blade.

Pin the blade into place, taking care to make sure its straight aligned with the pommel from the vet.

Thats the step by step, if you have any questions feel free to ask in pm or on here.

• 4 months later...
Any progress? This is a great version of Dorn without sculpting from scratch. If Forgeworld would come out with a series of Primarchs, they'd have a backorder on Dorn. Today was the first time I've seen this thread; awesome stuff!

There is a little bit, im kinda bogged down setting up my own business at the mo so thats taking precedence, but there ha been progress will try to bring the htread up to date next week.

Sorry all who're watching.

BZ

Very Sexy! hehe love that dorn, wasn't sure about the bolter at first, but once all that brown stuff got mashed on there I was suddenly sold!

Those last pics were so great I got mental images of Dorn, looking just like that! Leading his Yellow boys into the heart of Traitor forces!

I think it was mainly seeing that power fist holding the Chainsword! I've seen it before, but that is just so freaking awesome!!!

Dorn would use a chainsword and a Powerfist at the same time.

You have very artistic talent, there is no question about that, but the model looks very off. You're a talented sculptor, but the positioning of his legs is very off. He may be a primarch, but no one should have that straight of a spine. He needs to be slouched a little more to make it look more relaxed, but still battle ready. It simply looks unnatural.

That head also looks very out of place. It looks like it is floating out there and either needs to be lowered, or a new head needs to be found to fix this problem. I think adding a collar around the back like on other tactical marines would help a lot.

Cool looking honor guard so far. I don't have much to comment on them since there isn't that much done to them.

Hope this helps.

• 11 months later...

Guys, Girls, Other - it's been nearly 2 years, but he is finally finished,

You can find the HoH thread here http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=213237

Thanks all who gave feedback, I apologise that updates were sporadic I promise if will not be so in my next project blog - the Adeptus Custodes.

Please take a look at the finished model and let me know what you think.

Thanks,

BZ

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You sir, have very nice green-skills. Not to mention brown-skills, dedication-skills, and look-good skills. Well, Im talking about your model, I don't know how good looking you are! Thanks for the inspiration. I think at some point I will end up making a sigismund for my Black Templars.

Hail! O brother of the Imperial Fists!

I have a stupid question because I'm a painter more than a modeller: Why do you use green stuff in some places and brown stuff in others? What's the difference?

Or did you just run out of something at one point and I'm an idiot? I guess that's possible too.

Archived