Is Loken alive?

ChaosWarsmith

Also, you can't judge the effectiveness of an orbital bombardment by it's ingame profile, for two reaons:

1) it was a plannet wide bombardment, there were thousands of those strikes landing all over the plannet. it is that but on a huge scale

2) More importantly, the rules for something in game are never totaly representative of the same thing in fluff. Otherwise Tactical Marines would be about 500pts each or something, (i am certain i have read fluff where a single squad of tactica marines kills a whole imperial city. Those cities are BIG.) and yes maby 500 is an exageration, but game marines are designed to be a close reperesentation of fluff marines while being balanced. just like everything else in game. otherwise, Imperial Gurdsmen would be 1 point each. grots would be 2 per point. you can't base the effectivenss of the bombardment by the entry in the Inquisition Codexes.

also, if it is possible it missed him, it also possible it hit him. which seems more likely? a pinned down half-dead guy not getting hurt by that, or him being unable to get out of the way?

even so, this is an endless argument, untill we get some confirmation in a new book.

Someone take a damned poll :P

Anyway, I ahve said it before and will say it again. Loken is trapped and his "cover" would be turned into shrapnel by a direct hit. He is dying anyway (Internal bleeding, broken bones) and his enhanced body isn't helping. The nearest friendly troops are also being bombed and probably think Loken and Torgaddon are dead anyway. Note that the Warmaster's exact words are "Wipe it off the face of the planet". Not exactly moderate request is it. THe parliament buliding in which Loken is had taken a direct hit and on top of that the bombing has caused an earthquake. IF he survives then he has no way to leave the system. HE IS DEAD

Also, you can't judge the effectiveness of an orbital bombardment by it's ingame profile, for two reaons:

1) it was a plannet wide bombardment, there were thousands of those strikes landing all over the plannet. it is that but on a huge scale

i don't think so. I don't see how one ship could Bomb a whole planet. Horus's target was the City they were fighting over. that is it. The war was not a planet wide conflict, how you see otherwise i would like to know.

If it ends up being "Little Horus" who has the change of heart, it would bring a whole new light to when Abadon says "Horus was weak, Horus was a fool. He had the whole Galaxy in his hands and he let it slip away".

Could it be Little Horus he was speaking of?

Probably not, but I'm almost certain that Little Horus will play some major role in upcoming events.

Yep, Little Horus is going to sabotage the Vengeful Spirit. From now on.....the canteen will only provide Sprouts. :P

(Forcing many Sons of Horus to turn to Nurgle so they can survive).

But being serious now Little Horus is almost certain to play a part in my opinion. And I'm guessing that it won't be to hold Horus' coat during the battle.

i don't think so. I don't see how one ship could Bomb a whole planet.

It's called Exterminatus. ^_^

Horus did unleash a Exterminatus level attack on Istvaan III, but it was not the final Orbital Bombardment. It was the Virus Bombing that Tarvitz Warned about, and hundreds survived it. That was a planet wide event, unlike the final event we speak of here.

Whatever the power of the bombardment it was nasty enough to be expected to "wipe it out the face of the planet" (it being choral city) and it caused an earthquake. Thinking about it the whole bombing is just an ego thing for Horus. So he is hardly going to say..."wipe it off the planet" and then leave any of it standing is he? So (to get to the point) Loken would have been hit so would have died. FULL STOP. There we back on topic

Yep, Little Horus is going to sabotage the Vengeful Spirit. From now on.....the canteen will only provide Sprouts. :blush:

(Forcing many Sons of Horus to turn to Nurgle so they can survive).

But being serious now Little Horus is almost certain to play a part in my opinion. And I'm guessing that it won't be to hold Horus' coat during the battle.

I'd say that he'd be the one to lower shields of Vengeful Spirit that it will allow Emperor to teleport there.... Meh, we have to wait few years for the battle for Terra.

;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can imagine it. Horus prepares to kill the Emperor. He fires at his defenseless father. Then a guardsman jumps out in front of him and takes the bullet. DAMM

He takes aim again. The custodian jumps out and takes the bullet. DAMM

He takes aim again. The Imperial Fist jumps out and takes the bullet. DAMM. How many people are going to do this?

He takes aim again. Little Horus jumps out and takes the bullet. DAMM. THIS IS JUST STUPID. WHO IS WRITING THIS BOOK?

And then whilst this happens the Emperor frys him.

;) ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can imagine it. Horus prepares to kill the Emperor. He fires at his defenseless father. Then a guardsman jumps out in front of him and takes the bullet. DAMM

He takes aim again. The custodian jumps out and takes the bullet. DAMM

He takes aim again. The Imperial Fist jumps out and takes the bullet. DAMM. How many people are going to do this?

He takes aim again. Little Horus jumps out and takes the bullet. DAMM. THIS IS JUST STUPID. WHO IS WRITING THIS BOOK?

And then whilst this happens the Emperor frys him.

Lol! I was thinking the exact same thing. Of the 3, I like Pius the best, its a real shame he got scapped off.

• 2 years later...

Well now, can you say BUMP!

Seems like this question has been solved. This seems like the place to talk about it.

The guy on the cover of Legion of one /is/ Loken. Not only dose he survive the orbital bombardment but i think there are hints that he will live for a LONG time. He is clearly on his way to becoming one of the first 8 Grey Knight Grandmasters.

Like it or not, Garviel Loken is now the most Bad @$$ space marine ever to wear power armour.

A friend of mine talked to Abnett when he came to our town, Aberystwyth, as part of a horror/sci-fi event and, according to my friend, Abnett more or less said Loken isn't dead. I seriously doubt however that he'd be the one who gets utterly destroyed by Horus and thereby showing the Emperor that Horus was utterly beyond redemption. I hope they go back to the old fluff and make it one lone guardsman, it seems to mean more to me that way than it being a Custodes or Astartes.

Rather along with Garro he and a few other loyalists from the traitor legions will be the genesis of the Grey Knights and along with some mortals the creation of the Inquisition.

Also Little Horus won't turn lloyal for one good reason, spoiler here, -

He dies in Nemesis acting as a proxy for Horus.

That's my tuppence worth anyway.

Chances are they'll still be writing these books in 5-10 years time!

Has the question been asked of did any loyalist marines go to Istavaan after the Heresy ended? Bigger question is if not then if Loken is alive, how did he get off the planet? Is there a tie in to Rylanor and Loken?!

He dies in Nemesis acting as a proxy for Horus.

Not quite....

It was Luc Sedirae Captain of the 13th, who took the head shot for Horus. Lil Horus is captain of the 5th.

Cheers for the correction Lord Lorne, it's been a while since I read Nemesis and it left me a bit underwhelmed so i didn't go back to it and re-read through it later.

It would be better if Little Horus was the one that Horus kills to show the Emperor that his son is beyond redeeming.

Think about it, Aximand is the spitting image of Horus, watching the chaos infused primarch obliterating his loyal reflection is more than enough to make the Emperor go God mode

Don't make me repeat myself! :huh:

Why do you want so bad for this thread to be closed? Just because now it is clear that Loken survived Istvaan III? Or you don't like reading why people think it's interesting? If you don't want to read what people think about it, you don't have too. People have been asking that threads that even talk about Loken be closed for years. Back when it was because we Loken survivalist, were just "crazy" fan boys. Now its because the issue has been over done?

I for one think Loken is /still/ alive. As in 40k. Even if you want to think this thread should be shut down because it is now clear that he lives past Horus's final bombardment ( which i said he would for like 2 years) i have more to say on the subject.

"The peace of the grave will only be mine, when the scales are balanced!"

Does raise an interesting thing though. With Loken alive and well and having a way off Istvaan, what was being held in that hanger? Garro's lot didn't even go there. Odd, ain't it?

True, but they didnt even mention them, which may means that Tarvitz, Rylanor et all may not have made it back YET. Guess we will just have to wait and see.

Why do you want so bad for this thread to be closed? Just because now it is clear that Loken survived Istvaan III? Or you don't like reading why people think it's interesting? If you don't want to read what people think about it, you don't have too. People have been asking that threads that even talk about Loken be closed for years. Back when it was because we Loken survivalist, were just "crazy" fan boys. Now its because the issue has been over done?

Yeh i think it is just overdone - the threads normally start off well enough, people speculating if he is alive and such, then someone toddles along like Abnett saying "yes he is alive". That is definative, and should be the end of it, but then the thread rolls off course and ends up being a "i wonder what loken will be.." or a "i wonder how he escaped" type of thread.

If your going to do that, why not make a new thread and leave this to die? Makes sense. B)

Archived