[Daemon review] HQ.

Captain Malachi

Tallyman: Mono Nurgle only. Plaugebearers as Troops, and take loads of them. 3x Princes, Hide, Wings, Noxious Touch, MoN. Maybe a Great Unclean one if you like. Avoid combat with the Tallyman, wait for the enemy to lose some men to the Princes then watch as their army wilts under 2+ Power Weapon Attacks.

Tallyman only in nurge-heavy builds.

All the Tallyman gives you is the Tally. He is worthless in close combat, pure and simple. He sits in the back with a lot of Plaguebeaers, hides, and when that unit gets shot up, he joins a different unit.

I've seen a few mono-nurgle builds that use him. One nasty one featured about 60 plaguebearers; it took up space VERY well. Others use Nurglings and/or Beasts of Nurgle to work with the Tally, once the Tally is up thanks to Daemon Princes and the like.

Note, though, that the Tally is not always that useful. Against hordes, you'll get it up faster, but they don't have armor saves as much, so it's not that big a deal. Vs. smaller, more elite armies, you might never get the tally all the way up. And, the Tally does NOTHING for killing armor, and the bulk of Nurgle troops can't scratch more than AV10.

Epidemius:

A Nurgle herald on a palanquin with a nifty trick. His tally is the only reason to take him, we’ll go in to more detail later in the review, in the sample lists section, but for now let’s just say he does well in mono/near mono-Nurgle lists.

I couldn't think what else to say :rolleyes:

I think that the Tallyman does need his own section in sample armies.

Something should be said about him in the actual HQ section, but like I mentioned before the meat and potatos of how to use him will actually be a list building excercise.

I think all there really is to say about Epedemius is that he ONLY gives you the tally, and you best hide him in a thick unit of Plaguebearers. He dies, and you lose the Tally, and then your army loses some lethality.

Epidemius:

A Nurgle herald on a palanquin with a nifty trick. His tally is the only reason to take him, we’ll go in to more detail later in the review, in the sample lists section, but for now let’s just say he does well in mono/near mono-Nurgle lists. The most important thing to remember with Epidemius is not to let him get killed! You need to keep as far away from the action as possible, preferably stuck in a big unit of plaguebearers, so that he can keep the tally going. If the tally goes down, you lose a good deal of your power.

I'd stick to Plaguebearers for their durability (4+ cover save, T5, feel no pain? Better than T3 and a 3+ cover save, I think. Plus, Flamers. All I got to say to that.). Plaguebearers can also claim objectives, and nurglings cannot.

Heavies is going to be... interesting.

Heavies should almost be dealt with by asking "Daemon Prince or Soulgrinder" and doing a Pro/Con thing from there, since thats really what people want to know.

Archived