scratchbuild plasticard warhound titan

jochemvh

looks good so far, as for the vallejo paints and airbrushing in my opinion they are terrible no matter how i mix them I've tried about every possible thinner I can think of except future and they never spray properly, it might just be me though. and as far as the airbrush if you are willing to spen the cash i highly recommend badger double action airbrushes, not to terribly expensive but fantastic. On another note though DO NOT waste your money on an airbrush specific compressor as you can get one from sears or the like for about $100 with an air tank which will give much smoother airflow.

been thinking about a compressor.

but given that this is my first attempt at airbrushing, i didn't feel like putting in a 100 bucks.

so now i use an air can, now the best thing, but good enough for trying the whole thing out.

going to get some more paint today to finish the base coats.

then onto the shading and such.

Airbrushing with can air and a single action airbrush has been enough to put a lot of people off airbrushing altogether... if can afford it, go for a cheap compressor with tank and a double action badger or similar... there's a couple of places on ebay doing Iwata knock offs which are incredible for the price. You'll never look back after doing a couple of vehicles with a good airbrush!

Try rubbing alcohol as a thinner if you're having clotting and blob problems, it works very well for spraying GW paints. 50/50 alcohol/water is good.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

well, its been a while since i last posted.

a needed hiatus from this project, because i was sick and tired of painted those large areas.

and as a result totally stuck in the inpriration department for finishing this monster LOL

But tomorrow there's a "super heavy" battle at the GW in Rotterdam, and i just wanted to bring it to see how it will function in a large battle.

so the last few days if been painting and detailing and such to get him done.

and now it is, thank the emperror.

http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq182/jochemvh/warhound%20titan%20scratchbuild/warhoundfront.jpg

http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq182/jochemvh/warhound%20titan%20scratchbuild/warhoundside.jpg

It looks very good. what thickness of plasticard did you use?

Did you ever mention where you got the templates that you modified to make this?

i used 0,70mm, 0,5mm and 0,3 mm plasticard.

the plans i got from a mailinglist of yahoogroups [bWC] they're a scratchbuild group.

when you join you get access to their file section where they have templates for almost all WH40 vehicles, buildings, planes etc etc

but these plans can also be found online if you google them

Archived