Tales Of Heresy

Angels_Blade

Just finished reading the 'Tales of Heresy' short story book coming out for general release in April (don't ask me how I got hold of it!)

The stories are all excellently written and i thought i'd share with you which Legions are covered in the book

Blood Games -Abnett = All about the Custodians on Terra (introduces Constantin Valdor)

Wolf at the Door - Mike Lee = About the Space Wolves 13th company prior to the battle of Prospero

Scions of the Storm - Anthony Reynolds = Word Bearers

The Voice - James Swallow = Sisters of Silence

Call of the Lion - Gav Thorpe = Dark Angels, Astellen (links with Angels of Darkness)

The Last Church - McNeill = Not willing to tell you as it is so awesome!

After Desh'ea - Matt Farrer = World Eaters

I can tell you more but I don't want to spoil it for everyone and I don't know how to hide the text.

I hope that is Useful info

Cheers

AB

As a stand alone i love it. It reads well and has a few little gems in it. However, it doesn't deal with any astartes vs astartes insted it broadens the insight into how certain legions operate and how they approached the task of pacification of planets during the crusade.

The Last Church is easily the strongest of the stories and i doesn't explain as much as tear apart the foundations of the Imperium in the 41st millenium!!

I believe it is due for release in April but you may see it earlier in some stores (I don't work for GW so I'm not sure)

If there is anything else you want to know just ask

Cheers AB

Ahh.. I'm really looking forward to this one! Hopefully it will really add some depth to legions which have so far been passed in favour of others.

As for The Last Church.. by the Emperor that story was written bloody ages ago, why cant they just print it already? ;)

All I know is that it concerns Cardinal Ting, and the final unification of Terra under the Emperor

I'm afraid your wrong, It concerns the last church on Terra at the end of the unification wars prior to the creation of the primarchs. It features the unification soldiers and no astartes.

does it place out of the HH books?

Blood Games -Abnett = is set after the Istvaan dropsite massacre and takes place on terra during Dorns fortification of the palace. It follows one Custodian as he goes about his duties and features the Emperor, Dorn and Valdor

Wolf at the Door - Mike Lee = is set just before the Space Wolves muster for the attack on Prospero and follows the 13th company as they bring a world to compliance. There are no well known characters in this story.

Scions of the Storm - Anthony Reynolds = is set just after the Emperor has sanctioned Lorgar about the Lectio Divinicus and his worship of the Emperor. It follows the 34th company Captain Sor Talgron as his forces attempt to bring a world to compliance and features Erebus, Lorgar and Kor Pharon

The Voice - James Swallow = is set just after the Garro incident on Mars and follows the Sisters as they search for a missing Black Ship. No well known characters

Call of the Lion - Gav Thorpe = Is set straight after Decent of Angels and follows Chapter Master Astellen as he brings a world to compliance and struggles to work with Calibanite Dark Angels. No well known characters

The Last Church - McNeill = Already outlined above.

After Desh'ea - Matt Farrer = Set just after Angron has been taken by the Emperor. Follows the 8th Company Captain Khârn as he tries to convince Angron to lead his legion, the War Hounds. Explains Angrons feelings towards the Emperor and his Legion and explains why they eventually changed their name to the World Eaters

There You go, Some extra info!

AB

OOh, World Eater, my favourite legion! I am sooooooo buying that book and I would gladly pay £10 for a hardbook of that! Space Wolves: Yay! :) Word Bearers: Boo! :( The Unification Wars:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! *runs around naked in the middle of town screaming his head off*

Blood Games -Abnett = is set after the Istvaan dropsite massacre and takes place on terra during Dorns fortification of the palace. It follows one Custodian as he goes about his duties and features the Emperor, Dorn and Valdor

:jaw: :jaw: The Emperor appears as a Dramatis Personae!?! I can't wait. :D

Blood Games -Abnett = All about the Custodians on Terra (introduces Constantin Valdor)

Wolf at the Door - Mike Lee = About the Space Wolves 13th company prior to the battle of Prospero

Scions of the Storm - Anthony Reynolds = Word Bearers

The Voice - James Swallow = Sisters of Silence

Call of the Lion - Gav Thorpe = Dark Angels, Astellen (links with Angels of Darkness)

The Last Church - McNeill = Not willing to tell you as it is so awesome!

After Desh'ea - Matt Farrer = World Eaters

Damn, I tell myself to stop reading 40k fiction for a bit after Inqisition (SP) War/DOW2 and AB jumps out of the warp with this little gem which I will be getting as soon as possible!! :D

Space Wolves, Custodians and Unification Wars in one book - Yes Please!!! <_<

Cheers for the heads up AB!

Thorgrim

Thanks for this tid bit - though I'm a little suprised that they didn't reprint The Dark King & The Lightning Tower in there. Or the Graham McNeill story from the HH Art compendium.

I'm hoping we get the James Swallow that wrote the Eisenstein, and not the one that wrote the Blood Angel novels ;P

Also glad to see Gav hopefully taking over the DAs (his Malekith book is pretty awesome so far - he's come a long way since his early novels). Nevermind, looks like Lee is taking the next DA novel.

Can't wait to get a glimpse of the pre-astartes era :D

Wonder if they'll let Sandy Mitchell do a story one of these days - maybe let him take the Raven Guard ;)

Archived