Russ on the new cover...

Skirax

Somewhere on this very forum, I saw a thead about the cover of the new HH book. It had russ walking foward, fangs bared and his sword lowered, with 2 wolves walking net to him. It was extremely cartoony compared to the other HH covers, where they looked like photos, this looks like an artists impresion. Please could you find this for me?

That's Geri and Freki? I thought they were just really close friends of his... I hope he's not that close with those poor puppies...

They are his siblings.

AAAAAAAAAGH! Crazy is all up in this place!

And that some how lead to his chapter having werewolfs. IDK, it was thinking about how the Primarch up bringing ACTAULLY affected there DNA.

If memory serves one of the Realms of Chaos books mentioned that the Emperor literally imbued the primarchs with chaos-stuff when they were created, this could have made their physiology prone to psychologically induced mutation.

I'm just curious why he is wielding Frostmourne from Warcraft 3. Shouldn't his Frostblade Mjalnar look more like a Chainsword?

A) That barely has any semblance to Frostmourne. Don't insult Warhammer by saying it is copying a failed Warhammer game. :)

B) Why would it look like a chainsword?

A) That barely has any semblance to Frostmourne. Don't insult Warhammer by saying it is copying a failed Warhammer game. :P

The new WoW expansion (Wrath of the Lich King) features Arthas clutching Frostmourne, and sold 2.8 million copies in the first 24 hours. Show this to any WoW player (alot of them in this hobby) and I'm sure they'd immediately see it as a ripoff of frostmourne, like I did. down to the blue tinge and slightly changed skull. The biggest difference is the fact that there are runes etched into it.

I would've gone as far from that road as I could've, even if that's how I felt Mjalnar looked, because it's so similar. They may be trying to tap into WoW's fanbase, but if anyone else feels like I do, they might piss just as many people off with their copy-catting.

As for the art, I agree the wolves look weird, but I :wub: LOVE :wub: his armor, and will be replicating it, no doubt.

PS- Sorry if I sound like I'm trolling, it's late :huh:

A) That barely has any semblance to Frostmourne. Don't insult Warhammer by saying it is copying a failed Warhammer game. :P

The new WoW expansion (Wrath of the Lich King) features Arthas clutching Frostmourne, and sold 2.8 million copies in the first 24 hours. Show this to any WoW player (alot of them in this hobby) and I'm sure they'd immediately see it as a ripoff of frostmourne, like I did. down to the blue tinge and slightly changed skull. The biggest difference is the fact that there are runes etched into it.

I would've gone as far from that road as I could've, even if that's how I felt Mjalnar looked, because it's so similar. They may be trying to tap into WoW's fanbase, but if anyone else feels like I do, they might piss just as many people off with their copy-catting.

As for the art, I agree the wolves look weird, but I :wub: LOVE :wub: his armor, and will be replicating it, no doubt.

PS- Sorry if I sound like I'm trolling, it's late :whistling:

I don't give a crap what a bunch of WoW-Kiddies think, Warhammer is the father of Warcraft, and they didn't even want their kid!

Y'know, I have so many things to say that I'm not going to say any of them. Bottom line is Warhammer>WoW, and GW knows it. Copy-catting...BAH!

I don't give a crap what a bunch of WoW-Kiddies think, Warhammer is the father of Warcraft, and they didn't even want their kid!

You know, I am soo tempted to sig that right now...

:P Why thank you.

And yes, I acnkowledge that Russ' sword looks similar to Frostmourne, and yes I've had many experiences with both Warhammer(obviously) and Warcraft, but even if it is more than just a coincidence, who cares? Given that really absolutely nothing in Warcraft's lore is original, they're on shakey ground to begin with.

PS- Sorry if I sound like I'm trolling, it's late ;)

:D Why thank you.

And yes, I acnkowledge that Russ' sword looks similar to Frostmourne, and yes I've had many experiences with both Warhammer(obviously) and Warcraft, but even if it is more than just a coincidence, who cares? Given that really absolutely nothing in Warcraft's lore is original, they're on shakey ground to begin with.

Well I suppose we're in agreement then, that it looks like frostmourne, and while I agree that Warhammer's lore is superior to Warcraft's, that doesn't quite justify rippin' it off does it?

As for origionality, Warhammer isn't the most origional universe either. I mean c'mon, Mjalnar?

A) That barely has any semblance to Frostmourne. Don't insult Warhammer by saying it is copying a failed Warhammer game. :HQ:

As for the art, I agree the wolves look weird, but I :lol: LOVE ;) his armor, and will be replicating it, no doubt.

PS- Sorry if I sound like I'm trolling, it's late :(

:HS: Why thank you.

Well I suppose we're in agreement then, that it looks like frostmourne, and while I agree that Warhammer's lore is superior to Warcraft's, that doesn't quite justify rippin' it off does it?

As for origionality, Warhammer isn't the most origional universe either. I mean c'mon, Mjalnar?

No no no no no, I never said it was a rip-off. I said it might be more than coincidental, not that it was. You're judging on something you don't you. Of course Warhammer isn't the most original, but its moreso than Warcraft.

Archived