My Titan Legion

Hey i read Mechcanicum and it inspired me to make my own Titan Legion (fluffwsie i have no where near the money to buy 1 titan let alone an entire Legion)

any way here is what i have so far:

Name of Legion: Legio Veneratio (Honour Legion)

Number of Titans: 20

Titans:

Aureus Veneratio¬Emperor Class Titan; Imperator Design (Golden Honour)

Igneus Talio¬Warlord Class Titan (Burning Retribution)

Ira Palus¬Warlord Class Titan (Wrath of Mars)

Purpura Leo¬Warlord Class Titan (The Emperors Lion)

Atton Deus¬Warlord Class Titan (Thunder God)

Perficio Aequitas¬Reaver Class Titan (Bringer of Justice)

Erus Redemptio¬Reaver Class Titan (Lord of Redemption)

Furor Deuses¬Reaver Class Titan (Fury of Gods)

Fortitudo Deuses¬Reaver Class Titan (Courage of Gods)

Laurifer Ignis¬Reaver Class Titan (Victorious Flames)

Macto Ignis¬Reaver Class Titan (Gloried Flames)

Noctis Aquila¬Warhound Class Titan (Night Eagle)

Dilculo Accipiter ¬Warhound Class Titan (Dawn Hawk)

Crepus Vultur¬Warhound Class Titan (Dusk Vulture)

Fidelis Tigris¬Warhound Class Titan (Loyal Tiger)

Infragilis Panthera¬Warhound Class Titan (Unbreakable Panther)

Audacter Leo¬Warhound Class Titan (Fearless Lion)

Incendia Lupus¬Warhound Class Titan (Fire Wolf)

Atton Vulpes¬Warhound Class Titan (Thunder Fox)

Glacies Canis¬Warhound Class Titan (Ice Dog)

the reavers act a 3 units of 2 (i'll give you million cookies if you guess the 3 units)

and the warhounds act as 3 units of 3 (i'll give you million cookies if you guess the 3 units again)

and backround as of current is:

The Space Marine Legion of the Salamanders requested the help of a Titan Legion of Mars, to locate the artifact of the Unbound Flame and the Fabricator General of Mars felt that Legio Veneratio would be the perfect Legio for the task, but to ensure the safety of his Legion he sent Tech-Magos (not sure if correct title) Arkha (name taken i don't know?) and a force of Skitarri with the Titans. Arkha felt honoured to try and locate the whereabouts of an item of technogly from before the Horus Heresy.

Bascially it for the moment, no historic battles no legion rivalries, no name of Senrio Princeps (is that right i don't know)

so can you help me please thanks

Athiair :D

Hey! I'm doing the same!

Mine is the legio Ahnnialatum (The Ahnialators). The use lots of turbo lasers and flamer weapons and many warhounds. Thats as far as I've got...

You have done really well with the naming and the team ideas. Good Job.

Mmm cookies! For the warhounds - unit 1 Night Eagle, Dawn Hawk and Dusk Vulture unit 2 Loyal Tiger, Unbreakable Panther and Fearless Lion and unit 3 Fire Wolf, Thunder Fox and Ice Dog. Then for the Reavers - Bringer of Justice and Lord of Redemption unit 1, Fury of Gods and Courage of Gods unit 2 and Victorious Flames and Gloried Flames unit 3! B)

I like the names, how did you come up with the latin for them? I was wanting to have some latin sounding names for the vehicles in my chapter.

Medusa

medusa_ritchie you get 2 million cookies

unfortuantly they are virtual so you can't eat them sorry

the way i came up with the names is i just thought of the legion name then based them roughly on that

warhounds i use animals for as they are quick (for titans)

the reavers i used titles or ranks that were powerful but not all might and as they are attached to Salamanders (i know this would be after they were built but hey) i thought of flaming things and victorius and gloried are close to honour

the warlords i chose strong mighty sounding names Burning Redemption was the first name i thought of cause it just sounded incredibly cool, also i wanted (becuase they were from Mars the legion) 2 titans to show the link between Terra and Mars (so my backround for those 2 titans is they are only piloted by 2 brothers the current 2 have been in the 2 titans for over 200 years)

and the Imperator i chose gold becuase of the Emp and gold is powerful colour and chose honour becuase it is the honour legion

after all of that i just stcuk the names into a Latin Online Transltion thing and got the names

hope that helps

Athiair :)

ps. do you think it would be ok for my Titan Legion to replcae Legio Tempestus

backround update ;)

Legio Veneratio was created on Mars to replace the destroyed Legio Tempestus after the traitors of Legio Mortis blew the Legio apart during the Mechanicum Heresy. Legio Veneratio was formed in the great forges of Mars. The first and greatest titan of Legio Veneratio was Aureus Veneratio, this titan was of Imperator design, this titan is only piloted by the greatest Princeps, and so is rarely used. They current Princeps of the Aureus Veneratio is Princeps _______. Once the entire Legio was built it was stationed in the old territory of Legio Tempestus.

Rivalries soon erupted between Legio Veneratio and Legio Tempestor and the Legio Praetor. Legio Tempestor felt that they were the rightful heirs of the Legio Tempestus territory and fortress. While the Legio Praetor felt that they were the protectors of Mars, but most Tech-Adepts go to Legio Veneratio for titan support. But over time strong alliances have been wrought with the mighty legions of Legio Victorium, who's titans have the greatest rapport for destroying enemy constructs and will march to Legio Veneratio's aid at the slightest warning.

The only ever time that the entire legion has been fielded in 1 war was the purging of Orion's Arm. Where the entire arm fell to succumb of chaos the entire legion and 4 companies of Imperial Fists brought down the entire planet and established a new order of Imperial Commanders. Unfortunately only 1 person lived to record the happenings of the purging and so the real account has not been probably recorded. The final Governor to fall was defeated by the Legio marching on the heavily defended fortress (and it's surrounding areas) hundreds of thousand of traitor guardsmen manned the walls. Legio Veneratio marched on to the fortress with the Warlords marching on the northern gate, while the Imperator alone marched onto the south wall, with the entire remaining titans swept full steam in the west side, the legion was planning on crushing the forces between the Warlords and the Imperator while the quicker Reavers and the Warhounds would try and sweep the enemy forces into the onrushing companies of the Imperial Fists. Once the enemy troops were panicking and pulling back to the central defences the entire 1st Company would teleport directly into the chambers of the Governors. And they were swiftly crushed.

Currently the Legio is marching to war along side the Salamanders Space Marine Legion, as they look for lost relic of their Primarch the Unbound Flame. The legion was requested by Vulkan He'Stan for from what he can tell the information he needs is being held by demonic legions of chaos and asked for the help of Legio Veneratio to make sure that the relic is recovered, but the members of the Adeptus Mechanicus wished to send an envoy of Adepts to ensure the survival of one of Mars' greatest legions.

While the legion marches across the galaxy, the legions fortress on Mars is protected by 3 households of Knights [The Knights of Loyalty, The Knights of Orion and the Knights of Taranis (after being reformed)] these households are fearless and have faced numbers many times their size and they have defeated them even at the cost of a few of their numbers but they fight on in defence of Fortress Veneratio.

There is 1 Tech-Magos that has tried to rebuild the famous Magma Citadel of Adept Zeth from before the great heresy, as Adept Ramel feels that such a source of power as magma cannot be ignored. But Ramel has not yet harnessed the power. The legion is interested in Ramel's work because they feel if they could harness the power of magma then their titans would be able to march forward into the realm of battle for longer than any titan legion ever to have existed.

what do you think of that

this is the current backround i have for the Legion tell me what you think and how i could improve

Magma power? How will you store that in a titan? Good references to Mechanicum.

I now have a idea for mine. They come from the Varonian system. Have fierce rivalries with Tempestus and Praetor but are strong allies with Invicta, Olympia, Veneratio ;), the Dark Angels chapter, Varonian regiments and the Knights Griffon chapter.

um legio Tempestus were destroyed in the Mechanicum heresy

i think you mean Tempestor

and thanks for having me as your ally

i will stick you into my details why do you want to be my allies

where is the Varonian System? if it is near the Orion Stars then i can make that how and then change it to 3 titan legions marched on sperate walls

also the magma wont be in the titans just the magma will generate the power to power the titans

also by the way here is the none titan allies to my legion

Salamanders

Imperial Fists

and the Onyx Prime Imperial Guard Regiment (my personal Regiment)

what do you think of that

nah wrong area so have you got any ideas on how we could be allies (i mean how we became allies)?

also waht is the sweet about

the magma

the allies

or what

but please not that i don't want to know about your legion

it is just that i ame here looking for help on this so anyone please i would like advice on how to improve the backround

thanks

so no one is going to comment

i really want this to be a good piece of history for Legio Venartio

so please help becuase if no help comes then i will asume that what i has suffices

thanks

Athiair :angry:

ps. Firenze i want to be allies with you but i need your help ot include you :)

Sorry I have been doing some other stuff.

Right the first battle we fought together in was the Engine war upon Dextritus VI (321M36). It involved both Legios and included one hundred titans upon each side. Since then the legios have been close allies.

Notable Titans from the Legio Ahniallatum:

Lupus Lux-Warhound class-Took down 3 reaver class titans single handedly after pursuing them after a week.

Thor-Warlord class titan-The first titan of the legio and has the highest kill tally of three hundred enemy engines.

Kraken-Warlord Class-Has eliminated a warhound battle group (seven engines) in a single battle with little outside support.

My Legio consists of:

1 Imperator (hardly used)

24 Warlords (Groups of 2)

15 Reavers (Groups of three)

30 Warhounds (Groups of 2 in hunting packs)

that is a freakin huge legion!!!!

:ph34r: ;) :jaw:

mine is tiny compared to that you have 60 Titans

yours is 3 times as big!

but nice inclusion i will stick that in

hows this to make them seem more allied

(this can be done wither way round)

Your legion

Legio Ahniallatum

was fighting of another titan legion which was going quite well before 4/5 full companies of traitorous Baneblade (and varients) turn up to fight for the traitor titan legion at that point your titans are being felled under huge amounts of fire power (but you fight on) and your legion is about to be destroyed before out of the smoke comes Legio Veneratio (the entire Legion i should mention) who promptly blast the Baneblade companies to scrap and then help you finish of the chaos titans?

hows that?

i think that is quite cool don't you?

ps. all i need to do now is:

find a way (a battle or something) in which makes Legio Victorium my allies

create the colour scheme

desigin logo/symbol

come up with the Princips who is mounted in Aureus Veneratio

and neaten up the fluff

Love what you've got goin on so far :verymad:

It's a shame that outside of epic, it would be impossible to see a titan legion in action. I think that's what I loved about Titanicus and what I'm loving in Mechanichum as I'm reading it at the moment. Incredible gods of war, so far above the pitiful ground troops. They are the true face of destruction and the history around them is just amazing.

So out of curiousity, is this all just for fluff/imagination's sake? or are you planning an epic army around it?

From a epic stand point, the legion I use to field was the Lego Crux Fidelis (Loyalty Above All). Its consisted of:

2 Imperators

6 Warlords (4 Mk1, 1 Mk2, 1, Mk3)

2 Reavers

2 Warhounds

86 assorted Imperial Knights

Yep. I loved Imperial Knights.

For Apocalypse, I'm re-doing my Lego as follows:

2 heavy titans (Warlords)

18 light titans (warhound/Reavers)

I'm going to stick with the number 20, and use "XX" as an icon for the Lego Crux Fidelis. For Knights, I don't really like the fan-based Knight rules out there, so I'm going to use "counts as" Leman Russ's and just field 2+ Emperor's Hammer formations with 10 walking tanks using a stylized "X" for each formation. My Augustus Praetorians will be Grey Knights using an inverted "V" as their icon, with my Victrix Skitarii composed of Sister of Battle using a "V" icon. The PAGK will be mobile in Land Raiders called "Heavy Crawls" with all the rest of stand-by for deep striking via teleport, while the Sisters will be mechanized as an Immolator heavy mech list simply referred to as "Crawls".

SJ

thats nice jeffersonian

i agree that using GK as Pratorians is an awsome idea

but as a list what are you going to do

GK's allied to SoB

or

SoB allied to GK's?

i think it would make sense to do Sob allied to GK's becuase preatorians are the elite of the Mechanicum troops

if you are going to do that ofcourse but if you are just getting an Apoc army then thats cool

nice idea for the icon i still can't think of mine (help me please anyone)

and my colour scheme

also i will hopefully be working on some Knight RUles at some point so i'll post them up to see if you like them

OnlyinDeath no this is all hyperthetical no legion will ever be made (unfortunatly :P)

but i'll have to cope

i haven't had time to work on my fluff at the moment (been a bit busy)

but i would really like some help with creating my symbol

oh and Firenze (if you are there) what do you think about my idea of how we became trusted allies?

just to finish of

Athiair :P

I like it. It works well. Bye Bye Banies!

Also, I am making 2-3 40k titans and an Epic army for them. The titans I mentioned above are gonna be made for real!

For Apocalyse, it doesn't matter how the units are organized, as there aren't any Force Org Chart restrictions. In non-Apoc games, GK and SoB's are free to allie following their allied forces rules (ie, parent list: 1+ HQ, 2+ Troops; alies: 0-1 HQ, 0-1 Elite, 0-2 Troop, 0-1 Fast, no Heavies); I have builds using both or only one, as I see fit to field.

I came up with my own rules for Knight Titans, putting them in at 300-400pts each as super heavy walkers with 2 structure points and 1 void shield. I played around with different weapon loads, stats, traits, and tactical roles, but finally just decided that "counts as" Leman Russ's was about the only way I could field them legally without using house rules. This both reduced the overall cost of each unit, and allows me to use them as "tracked" tanks versus "legged" walkers (ie, cruising speed, Track Guards, "Dozer" blades, etc). Yes, I give up my rear AV when in close combat and my guys are way too tall for TLOS, but I can tank shock, ram, and move a full 12" without a random roll for running. Also, I see the AV14 front as a force shield that is only defeated by Lance weapons, which fits in with the Knight Shield rules from Epic.

The design I like mounts the battlecannon on the right arm, with the 2 "sponson" heavy bolters on the back of the left hand/TCCW (which I'd like to count as a 0 range lascannon/shock lance). I have thoughts of a heavy stubber mounting on top of the carapace like a point-defense system. I'll post pictures when I get the first one finished. I'm working on these next, after the GK's and SoB are done.

My "light" titans will be 12-13" in height, and look more like long-legged Mk3 Warlords with two weapon arms and a carapace mounting point. As such, I should be able to field them as Warhounds with two scout weapons, or as Reavers with two heavy weapons and a vertical launch missile pack on top that adds 3-4" to the height with added rear and side armor reenforcements. My Warlords will be 36" tall, and sport the same weapons as my light titans, only with two mounting points on the carapace (one above each shoulder) for mounting either the scount weapons or two vertical launch missile packs. I'll post pictures of those, too; however, these guys are a labor of love and will take awhile to complete individually, let alone in numbers!

My goal with the three sizes of titans (Knight, Light, and Heavy) is for them to look like "modern" warmachines, much like todays tanks and naval warships.

SJ

nice thing with the knights and good explanation

but i just feel that with having to have AV 10 when in combat i don't like and isn't walkery

but something i took from Mechanicum was that i though on their arms they had sheathed weapons (that were like huge power weapons prob like relic blades maybe)

things is you can't use Dreads for them as dreads arn't right as they only have 2 weaps

the only one that could work out of the dreads is the ironclad at that is isn't even close weapon wise (i mean to CCW but only a MG and HF)

i should get a bit of work done on the fluff tonight (no homework :whistlingW:)

yeh i feel that we could make rules for the Knights basing the rules on Lemun Russes (here is an idea):

Lemun Russ AV's

Weapons normal Lemun Russ options but Battle Cannon loses 1 Strength and 1 AP

In combat fight the front armour

Have 2 Strength 8 weapons that strike and iniative 3 (to show they are a bit slow and clanky)

and instead of moving 12'' they move 9'' + D3'' (then they could move 12'' but not always)

what do you think

but i brief question what about the armoured company you could then field an entire Household of Knights?

just an idea

Athiair:D

ps. scrap the above idea pimp up the battlecannon a bit as i just realised how big they are they are like 1 and a 1/2 the size of a dread (i will be producing a faque rule setup soon to post up in rules section)

FLUFF UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The first time the legion was fielded as a full legion was the defence of Stygies VIII and the surrounding system. When the 2 titan legions of Vulcanum I and Vulcanum II turned to the Dark Gods of Chaos. 3 loyal titan legions were sent to rid the planet of the traitorous titans (the Deathbolts, the Annihilators and the Honour Legion). Legio Ahnnialatum were the first to engage Vulcanum I and with courage and strength they held the traitor legion at bay, as they started to feel that they were pushing the chaotic forces back suddenly 3 full companies of Shadowswords and 2 full companies of Doomhammers appeared in the west of the 'titanic' battle, both legion fire-power lessened as the waited to see who the tanks would fire upon, the mighty weapons fired. A Reaver Titan were felled in a flurry of fire, Legio Ahnnialatum were downed another titan, the might tanks of the 'Imperial' Guard kept up the fire and void shields were starting to fail. In 1 fatal swoop the tide of the clash had changed. Legio Ahnnialatum were being annihilated. When suddenly 5 huge plumes of smoke erupted from the west, the titans looked towards the nuclear explosions and a company of Shadowswords had just vanished into the flames. Out of the smoke marched the 6 Reavers and Igneus Talio of Legio Veneratio and soon only 3 of the companies survived as Legio Veneratio blasted another company to shrapnel. Soon after all of the tanks were either molten slag or shrapnel and were firing everything onto the chaotic walkers. And once the first of the 2 traitor legions had fallen the second was soon followed and all of the turners from the light of the Emperor were put to flame. Stygies VIII and its system were sent back to producing its normal produce from its Forge Factories. From then on the 2 legions were strong allies.

just the bit of how they became allies for Firenze -_-

hope you like it

i can't think of anything else to add

if you have any ideas i should add into the fluff just ask

and also if you want the whole thing then please just PM me

Athiair :yes:

(hugs Alaithair) YAY! Istilllive!!

Also, Im gonna say my Legio are very good at battle recovery. Atlas and Hercules (SH recovery tank I made up) feature alot in my armies, well, behind the lines.

cool go ahead with that

also can i say to jeffersonian that how to you see titans

becuase some see them as about half the size of a Warhound

i feel this is too big from what i hear

i think that they are this size

tkae the crisis suits from the Tau Empire

add the size and the armour of the Lemun Russ (thats is Lemun Russ size + Crisis Suits size/ or in other words L+C=K)

so i think that it should be quite big but not as big as 1/2 the size of a warhound becuase i think 1 Dreads could hold of a fair few guard

so if these are about 1 and a 1/2 times the size of a dread they should hold of a few Skiitrii

i am working on rules

Athiair :lol:

Archived