My Titan Legion

yeh well i see them as quite small my rules are in the Homegrown rules area

i don't see them as titans becuase a titan has got complicated firing systems and these are piloted by 1 man doesn't seem to have enough pilot

thanks

Athiair :D

cool go ahead with that

also can i say to jeffersonian that how to you see titans

becuase some see them as about half the size of a Warhound

i feel this is too big from what i hear

i think that they are this size

tkae the crisis suits from the Tau Empire

add the size and the armour of the Lemun Russ (thats is Lemun Russ size + Crisis Suits size/ or in other words L+C=K)

so i think that it should be quite big but not as big as 1/2 the size of a warhound becuase i think 1 Dreads could hold of a fair few guard

so if these are about 1 and a 1/2 times the size of a dread they should hold of a few Skiitrii

i am working on rules

Athiair :P

Knights should be around 8"-9" tall, Warhound’s 10"-12", Reaver’s 14"-16", Warlord’s 30"-36", and Emperor’s pretty much start at 48" and go up from there. This is based on Epic scaling applied to 40k's heroic 28mm scale.

Now, a Knight built to 8" tall by 3" thick by 4" wide has roughly the same volume of space as a Leman Russ; personally, I see Knights massing just under that of a Warhound, but that's just me. You should note that Knights are based on Eldar titans, no Imperial titans. They have a crew of one who uses an inductive "throne" to become one with the titan, rather than direct neural plug-ins that the Mechanicus use, or manual controls like Orks use. Also, Knight pilots come from feudal worlds and are not use to technology above early industrial, which is why Knights are simpler in design and armament.

That being said, if you want to field Knights as super-heavy walkers, then you need to build it larger than a Land Raider (the largest non-super-heavy vehicle in 40K). If it’s not super-heavy, then building to the same size as whatever you base the rules for it on would work out best.

If you use Crisis Suit stats, then make them Crisis Suit sized. If base on a Dreadnought, then Dread sized. Etc. I’m choosing to use Leman Russ stats, so I’m building them Leman Russ sized.

SJ

I didn't do the math myself for the heights of each style of titan, although I do remember the results. I did do the calculation for volume of a Land Raider, so I could adjust the dimensions to fit. A Land Raider takes up roughly 210 cubic inches (cu in) of space. A Knight that is a super-heavy would need to exceed a volume of 210 cu in; say, 9"(T)x6"(W)x4"(L), then it will have volume of 216 cu in, which fits the requirements. A Leman Russ is less than 180 cu in in volume, so an 8"x5"x4" design (160 cu in) works with the same rough "footprint" as a blocky Wraithlord.

SJ

• 4 weeks later...

Nice read Athiair, I like how your growing your Legion and working up its history. You have inspired

me to start my own DIY Legion, its good timing with two new titans on my workbench.

BigJon

• 2 weeks later...

well it's nice to influence people into doing things just because of my writing

by English teacher tells me my writing skills are completly shot :devil:

unfortunatly i don't have much more to write unless any of you can give me ideas

thanks

Athiair :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok for inspiration, you need to think here are some questions you should ask yourself:

What is the fighting style of my legion? do they hold back from the fight and obliterate the enemy with a variety of heavy weapons, or do they rush in and flush the enemy out into the open and annihilate them with devastating close ranged weaponry?

What does my legion look like? are they burnished gunmetal and adorned heavily with gold decorations and banners displaying a thousand victories, or do they have a more tribal feel, maybe they are painted midnight black and have runic symbols carved into their machines.

Does my legion have a symbol? Ideas like a swords crossed over a burning flame or a fist emblazoned over a blazing star are good ideas.

Who does my legion hate? Maybe their hate burns for a specific chaos warband or legion, who house members of fallen titan legions, or maybe the tyranids, who overran several of their sacred titans and converted them into bio-matter, an insult of epic proportions to the legio.

How does my legion react to other elements of the imperium? Do they enjoy the company of the space marines, or are the reluctant to work alongside anyone except the mechanicum?

What weapons does my legion use? Do they pummel tanks and fortifications in dust with quake cannons and vortex missiles, or do they use a variety of flamer and plasma weapons, vaporizing whole enemy platoons in the blink of an eye?

Does my legion have a rival? maybe a specific chapter of space marines stormed an enemy stronghold and killed the enemy commander, who had destroyed several of your titans, and you felt the honour should have been yours, or maybe you have a long standing rivalry with another titan legion, who have attempted time and time again to outdo you in all their endeavors.

hope that helps you a bit

Archived