GrantDaKiller

This is it, Week Five.

The previous winners are as follows:

Week One: Skraal

Week Two: Saul Tarvitz

Week Three: Tarik Torgaddon

Week Four: Khârn

This week: Sigismund Vs Typhon

Calas Typhon: Typhon possessed the blood of the warlords that had ruled the planet of Barbarus before being defeated by Mortarion, the Death Guard Primarch. He also possessed formidable psychic powers...and had already sold his soul to the Dark Gods of Chaos. With their aid, Typhon became the First Captain of the Death Guard and commander of the battleship Terminus Est.

Sigismund: Sigismund was the Imperial Fists 1st Company Captain, later the Emperor's Champion, and finally High Marshall of the Black Templars. While Garviel Loken believes that the galaxy can be pacified, Sigismund believes the galaxy will never be pacified and that mankind will be forced to continue fighting to survive. The First Captain's opinion proves correct. Despite this, he respected the Luna Wolf to a degree.

Who will win??

Hmm...Typhon had some dark gifts...but enough? Yes, he is strong, but Sigismund is one of the most exemplary warriors in the Imperium.

Since we are going with the name TyphON, he's yet to change to Typhus. There is one thing that leads me to believe Sigismund would win...during the Siege of Terra, he challenged many Chaos leaders to duels, and beat them all. Obviously he was an amazing warrior, because of this, I say TyphON loses.

Vote goes to Siggy.

I'd guess they're about even in martial prowess (both 1st Captains), but Typhon was a psyker and would probably have help from Nurgle. I see both of those posing major problems for Sigismund.

My vote goes to Typhon.

My vote goes to Sigismund. He's got the ability (already stated equals) to hold him off, but his tenacity to fight until the end(as was already stated in the intro) would bring him the victory. Stubborness and tenacity hold off the dark powers and Sigismund is elevated to the Emperor's Champion.

Sigismund was the first (Probably) to kill Khârn. He defeated him at the climax of the heresy. This is why i didn't pit them against each other last week because we know who won.

Which piece of fluff is this in? I've not seen much on Sigismund other than he was named the first Emperor's Champion, and Kharns details I've seen just say he died at the siege.

As for the topic I'd have to say Typhon, Sigismund was a great warrior, but Typhon was a great warrior, and a psyker, and Nurgle had quite an investment in him already at that point so he'd have a lot of favour.

Well facing a man with a scythe is a lot like facing an axe man, you have to get in close to kill them.

But then again Sigismund also has a gun so.

Then again Typhon is a psyker and is wearing Terminator Armor.

I usually always root for the guy with a sword but I'm afraid I'd have to give this one Typhon, the schythe and Terminator armor will win the day for him. Especially in a duel. They're a lot shorter, faster and bloodier than holywood makes out :D

Disciple

My vote goes to the Emperor's Champion Sigismund.

Note to the other voters. The combatants of the round do not have their chaos powers and their gifts from the gods. This has been brought up by many people in the previous rounds and the creators have said "no chaos powers of gifts have been bestowed yet". So keep that in mind.

Captain Kael :D

I always saw Typhon as more of a manipulator and schemer than straight up fighter so in a one on one "arena" environment Sigismund would win, but Typon would never fight someone he knew to be so deadly on even footing.

Archived