Iron Warriors 21st Grand Company

Brother Fraust

Hi, not a stranger to the hobby, but decided to introduce myself.

I am Brother Fraust, I have been in the hobby for nearly 10 years, beginning of november 08 I went on a hiatus due to a certain 'game' that I was into (this addictive thing is called 'WoW' :lol:), any ways after spending so much time on it, and it affecting my health badly I decided it was time I got back into the hobby. Seeing as it was my 21st Birthday on Wednesday (25th Feb) and getting paid at the same time I went into my local GW (much to the shock of my return by the staff and regulars there) and went abouts purchasing my army.

I have not fully worked out an army list at the moment but my inspiration is due to Graham McNeill's 'Storm of Iron' and 'Dead Sky, Black Sun' and doing my research on the iron warriors (Index Asartes for the win!) I decided to work on a check list:

at least one unit of Khorne Berzerkers (by what I read they tend to act as trench shock troopers)

all marines (except for lords and chosen) will be given numbers (I liked the idea that the iron warriors clone their warriors)

due to some experiences with 5th Edition, I am gonna make my army a foot slogging army and only include the odd tank or two if need be.

Possessed will be ruled out, unless I can find a suitable conversion to convert bionic limbs.

Any ways I have not assembled any models yet (boo!) but will be getting to it once I have finished this post (Yay!)

but here is a pic of my army all boxed, waiting to get out and wage their bitter war towards the imperium :P

gallery_41413_3293_102910.jpg

Till next time Brothers.

My suggestion is Vindicators... and if you're going Apocalypse, lots and lots of IG tanks and Stormlords.

I am also going to be adding traitor guard into the mix, and yes I will be adding vindicators soon... just not now :P

Any ways update, I just abouts finished my squad of five raptors and making a start on the berzerker squad (unfortunatly my camera refuses to comply with my desires and will not get my raptors into focus ;))

Hmm, I hate double posting but I felt I should give an update. I am now making a start on my first squad, after speaking to Insane Psychopath I am now building units in groups of fives.

I have not cleaned them yet but thought it be easier to assemble them first then clean them. But we shall see how it comes around.

Any ways here is a pic of them, I know its not fantastic but I am getting there eventually :)

gallery_41413_3293_217464.jpg

Nice work so far, Brother Fraust.

I think it'd be sweet if you included a Forgeworld Renegade Ogryn Berzerker Squad, along with some Renegade Militia!

Or, why not go the whole way, and try and convert an Imperial Guard Stormlord to Renegade? You know, that Forgeworld Renegade Tank Crew Kit could go a long way :)

Nice work so far, Brother Fraust.

I think it'd be sweet if you included a Forgeworld Renegade Ogryn Berzerker Squad, along with some Renegade Militia!

Or, why not go the whole way, and try and convert an Imperial Guard Stormlord to Renegade? You know, that Forgeworld Renegade Tank Crew Kit could go a long way :)

:) I do have plans for the traitor guard, but for now I am focusing on the iron warriors first off before I do anything else, any ways still working on the squad (just abouts finished cleaning them) just a little question really that I would REALLY appreciate if somebody helped me with this. Icon Bearers, fluffy or no for iron warriors?

Alway good to see new Iron Warriors commander on the fourm, will keep a eye on this topic.

You said you read

Storm of Iron

Dead Sky Black Sun

I'd also suggest Planet Kill (short story) & in May there a book called Hero of the Space Marines in which it has a short story on Warsmith Honsou

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...=161831&hl=

Possessed will be ruled out, unless I can find a suitable conversion to convert bionic limbs.

If your good with scratch building, check my Iron Hands log or photos of my IW kicking around the fourm. You'll see scratch built bionic useing plastic rods. Not that hard to do, but be best maybe useing this with Death Guard unit/Nurgle Marine & just "count as" bionic just show the feel no pain.

IP

Just a quick update.

After a few frusrating bouts of trying to speed my army along, I took a break yesterday and had an early night, woke up this morning to work on the iron warriors and managed to finish assembling the first squad (still have not cleaned them up) and am about to make a start on the second squad.

gallery_41413_3293_596996.jpg

Heavy Bolter is kinda wrong because I have not glued it, I am just showing them as they look before I goes about cleaning and undercoating them.

I have also decided to work on two small five man squads lead by a warsmith (ordered an iron warriors warsmith and a techmarine for a little conversion). This is just to get me by and play actual games (small 500 point games are fun) while still working on the army. From here on in I will just be adding new stuff that takes my interest after playing games :D.

So yeah thats it for now, till next time :D

just a lol moment. I made a silly mistake when working on my iron warriors, especially my squads, I just read through the codex again and found out that heavy bolters can only be used in 10 man squads... so looks like I need to make one more marine :tu:

Hello folks,

Just a quick update, I managed to finally clean up my two five man squads, and so are ready to be painted, unfortunatly I wont be able to update this blog for awhile as issues with real life have come and reared its ugly head :ermm:. I will try my best to keep everybody posted as much as I can, also:

i think the heavy bolter needs to be a bit more chaosy...

Like the one's with "dragons heads" where the end of the gun is.

As much as I would like to, I want to go with a heavily industrialised look for my iron warriors and will try to limit too much chaos whackyness into the army (I am already limiting the amount of horned helmets into the army).

Till the next update guys :)

When I started my IW army I went nuts on bionic bitz. They're a bit harder to get now(grumble...grumble...GW don't sell bits no more...grumble), but I raided the GW online store for everything they had. Iron Hands bitz are great, but for the best bionic "choppy" arms I grabbed up a bunch of Necromunda Pit Slave arms. Easy to throw shoulder pads on and the best set of drills, grabby claws, and giant shears you can find(short of skilled conversion work).

Hey folks, as I previously stated, I have been bogged down with work so had little time to work on the iron warriors, but heres a little update, I recenetly got hold of the models I need to make my Warsmith (who will be called Fraust until I can think of a better name). Also I decided to spice up my iron warriors by adding dead imperial fists onto the bases.

Any ways just a pic of what I got in mind for my warsmith:

gallery_41413_3293_216482.jpg

• 1 month later...

by the gods its been awhile since I posted here ^_^

ahem well sorry for the big hiatus. When I started this project I have been speed bumped due to work (been put into overtime etc.) and thus has not given me time to do ANYTHING.

Any ways glad to say that is all over so I can get back to doing my models. Any way I bought a new bits box from screw fix and as I was going through all my old bits (I still had alot of kits from the past 10 years into the hobby) it turned out I have nearly enough bits to make 300 chaos marines. So I am gonna expand this army to apocalypse standard. Though I am gonna split the army into 4 different armies (will be making seperate blogs or may actually make one big one so watch this space :D)

Hey guys, after what I previously stated about work and lack of time and motivation to get my army done, I have now decided to join the Call of Chaos. So for the next three months I will be posting pics on my work in progress for what I have entered. Here is what I have decided to do:

My Warsmith

2 Squads of 10 iron warriors

5 terminators

3 obliterators

so thats five items (reaching the max), any ways here is some work in progress pics so far of my 2 squads and the bits I am gonna use for my warsmith:

gallery_41413_3293_536825.jpg

gallery_41413_3293_546101.jpg

gallery_41413_3293_465943.jpg

seeing as I got 2 days off work now (due to easter) I will be working on these guys for the following days.

these look really nice, i agree completely with the less chaosy/more industrial style

is that the Huron Blackheart model body and axe you're using for your Warsmith? i always thought the rules for him would make a nice Iron warrior commander, could 'counts-as' his weapons as power weapon, power claw= servo arm and actually give him a heavy flamer in his other hand, plus Huron's pet Hammywhateveritscalled(-_-) could be modelled as a servo skull or something!

anyway, very good, looking forward to progress!

Lysimachus

Archived