Iron Warriors 21st Grand Company

Brother Fraust

these look really nice, i agree completely with the less chaosy/more industrial style

is that the Huron Blackheart model body and axe you're using for your Warsmith? i always thought the rules for him would make a nice Iron warrior commander, could 'counts-as' his weapons as power weapon, power claw= servo arm and actually give him a heavy flamer in his other hand, plus Huron's pet Hammywhateveritscalled(:D) could be modelled as a servo skull or something!

anyway, very good, looking forward to progress!

Lysimachus

That is correct, I am using Huron as the base for my warsmith, I originally went for the techmarine model but after looking at it I wanted a model with abit more oomph and with bionics galore. I am gonna be cutting hurons head off and replacing it with a helmet. As well as try to fit everything together to make it all fit.

I love the Iron Warriors out of all the Chaos legions. And totally agree on your view with the less chaos look. There was a series of articles in the Oz White Dwarf were one of the studio members decided to create an Iron Warrior force to go alongside his Black Legion. They looked really evil and extremely well painted. Somthing from his army that always stuck out to me was the dirty look of his chevrons (black and yellow strips) with chipped off paint . Also for his marine's skin and obliterators he used a grey instead of red or greens or normal flesh tones. It really worked well with the IW armour. Just a few suggestions to get you thinking.

Good luck and happy hunting, Messanger

Archived