First game with daemons

Rahveel

I would put a bolt in with the horrors, they get it cheaper than the flamers and it gives them the option to hit some armour or have a no armour save hit. I have not played many mono god games with my army, but will be interested to hear how it goes.

also dont be scared to make small units of horrors. They dont have to make moral tests, you can spread them our better to avoid them getting into cc, and it also makes sure that you dont over kill units by having to fire 30 shots at a unit that only needs 10-15.

I dont really like the idea of paying for a bolt upgrade on a BS3 model, it is considerably more expensive to be sure on the flamers, and to be honest I get less use out of it than I like. I do however like having a decent AT weapon on jump troops, and have popped 2 dreads this way.

lately I have been running (still mono tz);

2 chariot heralds

2 heralds on foot (sit with the horrors)

(herralds have WaL, MoS, Bolt)

2 units of 3 flamers with bolt

2 units of 10 horrors (one changeling. havent tried MSU tactics yet, I like a big weighty squad for objective camping.)

3 screamers (they killed their first land raider sunday!)

3 daemon princes (gun platform config- bolt and d. gaze)

Ive played with Fateweaver and the blue scribes from time to time, and they were certanly fun to use, but i find normal herralds a bit more killy, and fateweaver tends to fail a lot of ld9 tests...

I dont think my opponents have really caught on to fighting daemons yet, had a few runs for my monney, but undefeated out of the 4-5 games ive played so far. still a very fun list to play, and by far the most shooty army ive ever had.

I made a post about a month ago about a Mono-Tz army someone ran at Ghengis Con tournament. It was a good 1750 list and pretty similar to what you have going on here. You could find it through the search function.

ETA: made a thread, not a post.

yeah, its a mean list to be sure. last game i lost a DP and a unit of flamers to bad deepstrike rolls, and still won (due largely to my opponents ineffective shooting [read: crazy stream of 2's on hits and wounds] on the last turn). i will defanantly say that mono-Tz has teeth. I would love to play it against some other mono-god armies, and see how it does.

IIRC, his mono Tz army at 1750 included

3 Tz Herald Chariots w/ WaL, MoS, BoT

1 Bluescribes

3x3 flamers

3x 9 horrors, including changeling

3 Tz Princes, Bolt, gaze, legion (or is it MoS?)

I like how fast and mobile some of the elements are. Fast and shooty is always a nice thing to have. Maybe take people by surprise a little

hmm, a good list it seems to me, although I am not a big fan of the scribes, due to their fragile nature. also, what reason is there to give a DP MoS? (he cant take legion sadly) MC's can fire 2 weapons a turn anyway.

but yes, fast and shooty is awesome. I was about to start a siam-hain army, but settled on Tz daemons, as chaos is my favorite faction in 40k (been playing chaos for 11 years), and I had more bitz to work with. seriously, it is almost as fast, and a fair degree more shooty.

I just wish screamers had warpfire, it would let me play Tzeentch as a wind army...

• 3 weeks later...
So I have finally managed to scedual a game, and will be playing my never-before-feilded mono-Tz vrs my opponents SM's (whom I have been informed, will be taking DH allies, but no GK's) 1200 pts.

a quick rundown of my list:

-----------------------------------------

2x heralds on charriots with MoSor, WaL, Gaze and BoTz

2 units of 3 flamers (1 with BoTz)

2 units of 10 horrors. one changeling.

3 screamers

2 DPoTz both with gaze and BoTz

----------------------------------------

so, look like a decent mono-Tz list?

what tactics can you offer me for fighting SM's (probably light on the vehicles, maybe a land raider, dread or 2). knowing my foe, he is likely to take a libby with the power that forces re-rolls on invun saves, and probably a unit or 2 of missile launcher devs. anything else is up in the air. he tends to play footslogging, very rare to see him take transports.

any tips for a new daemon lord?

how about the teeznech greater deamon? if he does fail a leadership test then he is really a waste of points, why dont you take a soul grinder? or have a winged deamon drince.

thanks

antique_nova

ive not tried a regular LoC yet, although I have played a few games with fateweaver (not overly impressed). Ive been thinking of giving one a go, after ive spent more time playing with 4 herralds (oh, tis so sweet).

soul grinders are, purely in my oppinion, un-necicary in a mono-Tz list. you get enough ap3 goodness from the many gazes, and i think he makes much to big of a target, and to fragile vrs anti-tank weapons. I actually think SG's are rather stupid, but most feel otherwise.

and there is no real need for wings on a shooty prince

flamers make good anti bloodcrusher/nob biker/wraithguard killers (and do fairly well vrs things like TH+SS termies, and seer council too). with daemons, you have to make sure to support your units effectivly, and with the right things. much like craftworld eldar.

Archived