Codex: Grey Knights

jakehunter52

I've also heard that Tyranids are in the works. Why I don't know.

If Phil Kelly is working on a DH codex, I'd be very happy, though I sure hope he doesn't give them jump packs.

Legion of the Damned, as the codex gives you nothing as to wth they are or what they really look like so you cant really paint them

Just read pg 95 of the codex, it tells you lots of information, as much as there was ever printed! :huh:

...actually I've lately gone Tau, it seems Number 6 and I have similar tastes!
Radicals...the path to heresy beckons you both!!!! ;)

Yes perhaps their group should be changed to +Diabolus Extremis+ :tu:

My real fantasy would be a Radical Xenos force with mercenaries from other races! Ahhh, to have a Han Solo like Inquisitor leading Kroots, assassins, Orks, bounty-hunters and rogue traders...

The Nids rumors come from that hoax codex that was published. Was pretty well made for a hoax...

Phil

If Phil Kelly is working on a DH codex, I'd be very happy, though I sure hope he doesn't give them jump packs.

Same, but I could live with GK Jump Packs if it meant Phil Kelly was doing a good codex.

Considering our status as an incorruptible Chapter responsible for keeping the Imperium safe from it's greatest threat, there is massive potential for our background to change - instead of having enemies at the gates, we would have either enemies or sycophants at the gates, as has happened to those poor Ultramarines. All it takes is one fanboy doing the codex alone.

I've also heard that Tyranids are in the works. Why I don't know.

I should agree with you. I don't think we need GK in Jum Packs or bikes (lancers). Our posibilities should go far away from that.

We are not SM neither Blood Angels neither White Scars ... we are GK.

My thoughts are more near to put away those power armored GK, I love the fluff when we were just 666 termies! But if those PACKS are here to stay, don't problem, just give them the posibility to just teleporter. And like we are always teleporting in the battle field, some of our units (yes, I'm thinking in those marvelous GKT) may have the posibility to re-roll the dispersion dice :tu:

By the way ... I'm trying to make a recreation of the first Armaggedon war. We are planning to make an Apocalypse battle, but in two tables, one of the table may have an space wolf vs chaos marines battle and the space wolf have to do something to let the GKT teleport and fight Angron with his 12 soul eaters (is this the english name?).

So, I would like to collect all the information about that battle to make the game as fluffy as posible. Does anyone know where can i get that information?

Thanks.

You'd be looking for US White Dwarf #277. It has the full story.

PM sent.

I will look for that WD (now, I need to know the equivalent number in Spain).

Thank you very much for the information, very kind of yourself! :)

On the jump pack issue, they could give them teleport packs and have them "count as" jump packs, showing that their mastery of psychic powers allows them safe and easy travel along short distance, but for deep striking they'd face the deep strike perils, which represent the dangers of long distance travel. Fast attack grey knights would have a much greater ability to jump, not sure what though. Or perhaps it's only FA PAGK that can use teleport packs as jump packs, but all of them can use them to deep strike. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing a GK army that can deep strike its entire army onto the field, seems fluffy too.

As a WHFB Chaos player, I will say one thing about Phil Kelly.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

This is Inquisition country. some players might have even been born before the last codex was made. Needless to say if they gave us plastic models and simply reduced all points costs to update the Inquisition armies, They would be head and shoulders above what they are now.

I'm happy too hear about a possible new codex. ^_^

I'm glad that Forge W. is making some GK stuff. :)

(Thanks Grand Master Tyrak)

Do the GK need jump packs....???

My answer is :no: we could still use the teleport squads, but now need the PAGK as troops, if

using a pure GK force. :)

I would like too see a reworking of the "Shrouding" that includes it working as

assult grenades. I'm tired of baiting things with power weapons out of cover. ;)

Why? what's wrong with WHFB Chaos?

It is horribly, horribly written. A lot of effort was put into it and the end result should be awesome, but something was screwed up on every. single. page. There have been two FAQs - an incredible pace for GW, really, and there remain glaring problems.

Some points costs don't make any sense - Why do lances on knights cost anything at all? Why does a unit champion cost three times as much as a normal member? Why does the Mark of Khorne coast more than the Mark of Tzeench on a warshrine? Why is the Hellcannon over 200 points?

There are rules that don't make any sense - The Eye of the Gods is great, but the rule for it is seriously atrociously written. (What with everyone challenging and all). It's also almost impossible to get a roll on the table - unless you bring a shrine or troll, but we'll discuss that in a second. Forsaken fight in ranks - why? Gifts of Chaos? Almost absolutely worthless. Worse, really because you spend points on them.

The Lore of Slannesh is as terrible as it has ever been, the Juggernaut is worse than an identical model from the Daemons codex, half the units are too bad to take, Festus wears no armor, nobody has explained the Book of Secrets, Daemon Princes are worse, they nerfed the hellcannon, and Throgg is probably the most broken special character they've ever made - and Chaos trolls are just as awesome.

Eeeesh, we already have a quirky codex. I hope the next one doesn't get as messed up as you find your Chaos armybook!!! A friend that play WHFB had let me under the impression that the new Chaos Mortal book was overpowered, but that doesn't seem as bad the way you tell it!

Phil

That we are! But the topic keeps veering mostly back on track within a post or two. Provided the discussion is friendly, progresses, and we don't spend time dwelling on expressly forbidden topics (as noted in the B&C Rules), I'm not overly concerned.

Do try and keep tangents limited, however. We all do it (myself included) ... just make it quick. :lol:

Well, I do hope we get at least a few new units. Inducting units is cool and all, but a couple of new models would be really awesome, just to get some more variety in the army lists.

I dunno, maybe we'll see some more variation when the IG codex comes out and people start inducting updated Guard...

We are not SM neither Blood Angels neither White Scars ... we are GK.

yup because jump packs and bikes both make us more like SM. They don't do it for every other army that has them but they do for us. :Troops: Also its completely against our fluff to be able to move fast or to have multiple options to be best able to respond to each problem. Grey Knights the dumb and supposedly elite.

Ps Land raiders are the most grey marine thing we have, And nothing can get more grey marine then haveing the same unit with the same stats.

PPS all bolters for every marine army are the same. So how do we distinguish between these armies? is it just the paint scheme? Or does the marine using it change?

PPSH<--- Nice WW2 sub machine gun

I wouldn´t say the Warriors of Chaos book is that bad. Sure it has some wierd stuff here and there (the juggernout i.e.), but it is a book that allowes u to use all of the units in almost any combination without having to hear about "IMBA!" all the time as with some books out there.

I think that the Codex:DH, if made in a similar fashion power wise as the WoC-Book, will be a very welcomed codex to us DH players. Now we can use any item we want in the book, not having to hear about how we get IMBA combos or such, and I hope it stays this way too.

What I do hope is that doesn´t focus too much on the CC, as Phil did with the WoC :pinch:

Edit: The WHFB rules are a bit more complex then the 40k, they are very well made but due to the fact that there are so much to remember there migth be disputes when someone forgets a rule etc. I frankly like em ALOT.

Some Fantasy comments, then back on track...

The Throgg army is easy to stomp...then again, I've loved my Bretonnians since '99. I think the Chaos armybook is written just fine, but like the 40k version it lacks fluff coherency. THE WHFB ruleset is, in my opinion, far more airtight than 40k; it lacks in places but it's still better, probably because it's had longer time to be refined.

Question: what the heck is IMBA? I make broken armies?

So back on topic (everyone included! we'll make a new tangent later), I think some new additions can be welcomed from the new IG codex...officers giving orders to the inducted chumps could be pretty nice. Upgraded sentinels or even roughriders could have their uses.

For those who like GKs, we don't necessarily want more IG forces in the army. GK troops are fine, as are GKT elites. Heavy spt is a little slim, but PAGKs with massed psi-cannon fire (5) are nothing to be sneezed at, even if you aren't running daemons. What we really lack is a genuine FA unit. SMs that come by drop pod are not listed as fast attack but SM with jump packs are . . . because of the continued mobility after insertion. I agree with the suggestion that "teleport packs" would be a fluffy answer to the present absence of FA for GKs. And to make them special, maybe a "fleet of boot" rule to go with that.

Archived