[Daemon review] Troops.

Captain Malachi

Yeah, I couldn't think of any reason, I just had a really horrible feeling :lol:

Anyway, this better?

Nurglings:

Pretty much the definition of a tarpit. These guys are unlikely to win many fights, weapon skill two and strength three can only take you so far, even with three attacks each. What they will do however is take forever to kill, being immune to instant death and having three wounds each, for a pretty low price, means they just refuse to die. However, beware of flamers, they’ll do two wounds on each base if they hit, which is pretty nasty.

In an Epidemius list, they actually become pretty lethal, but we’ll go in to that in more detail later. Just remember that because they are so hard to kill, they can be pretty useful for contesting objectives, even if they can’t hold them. Also remember that unlike other Nurgle units they don’t suffer from slow and purposeful, and being swarms they get a really good cover save if you put them in cover. If you go to ground in cover you get a 2+ save.

Minor note:

Swarms (and the attendent 'vulnerable to blasts/templates') works out slightly differently.

It's each UNSAVED wound that becomes two. You get a chance to save the wound, but when you fail it, it doubles.

IE: I take 3 flamer wounds on two nurglings bases. I've taken three wounds, so I take three 5+ saves. I flub them all. As I am Vulnerable to Blasts and Templates, 3 unsaved template wounds translate into 6 wounds.

So long, boogers.

• 2 weeks later...
It's funny in all of the comparisons of daemonettes to bloodletters I have never seen someone say for the same points which would win in a combat against each other. Looking at the figures which ever charges is likely to win (on average it will take 3 turns for the daemonettes to kill the letters from the charge and 5 turns for the letters to kill the nettes) without the charge being taken into account the nettes win the combat after 5 rounds (on average). Even if you take away the fact that the nettes are 2 points cheaper its still very even against each other just with the charge being the difference, and with the nettes having fleet and the grenades it gives them that slightly better chance to get the charge in a fight.

It's funny in all of the comparisons of daemonettes to bloodletters I have never seen someone say for the same points which would win in a combat against each other. Looking at the figures which ever charges is likely to win (on average it will take 3 turns for the daemonettes to kill the letters from the charge and 5 turns for the letters to kill the nettes) without the charge being taken into account the nettes win the combat after 5 rounds (on average). Even if you take away the fact that the nettes are 2 points cheaper its still very even against each other just with the charge being the difference, and with the nettes having fleet and the grenades it gives them that slightly better chance to get the charge in a fight.

9 Bloodletters are 144 points, 10 Daemonettes are 140 points. Assuming no charge:

Daemonettes: 30 attacks, 15 hits, 5 wounds, 3.33 Bloodletters dead.

5.67 Bloodletters are good for 11.34 attacks, of which 7.56 will hit and 5.04 will wound. So really they're about equal, only because of the 'Nettes higher I.

I think its simpler than that, nettes are better if your enemy has a inv save, or a Initive of 5 or 6 or there is going to be a chance you have to charge into cover, or there is a chance your enemy might want to charge you in combat.

I just relooked at my figures, and according to a basic mathhammer approach the netts should win even if they get charged (I had forgotten in my first calc to remove the charge bonus from both sides)

Netts charge = blood letters last 3 rounds

letters charge = blood letters last 6 rounds

neither charges = blood letters last 5 rounds

Archived