UltraMarines + Black Templars = Friendship

I'd skip the whole touching each other deal. I know what you're aiming for, but it won't look right with the limited posing the sculpts allow.

You might try having one Marine kneeling, firing a bolter or bolt pistol, and the other standing, firing over his shoulder. Both aiming at the same target.

I kind of like this idea too. Might be more what you're looking for this way.

So I've chosen pose 1 with a no attack stance regarding weapons holding.

Deadline is on Friday, I need to hurry.

Hope you like the pose despite the whole touching each other deal <_<

gallery_26197_1980_30267.jpg

gallery_26197_1980_22077.jpg

gallery_26197_1980_53717.jpg

As you notice BT and UM are really friends here, no humiliation, no bleeding, no cheekiness at all !

I'll try to post more pics of the painting process

Thanks for your previous replies.

DjoulZ

To quote the Todd from Scrubs: "And now they kiss?"

Sorry... I do like your idea and conversion, it is just not the way I would imagine two Space Marines meeting in battle.

But I'm looking forward to seeing it with some paint on!

the idea has quite a lot potenital. but regarding the fact, that yo uwant to illustrate a felleing, which in your case is friendship, i would recommend to give them heads without helmets instead.

Well after reading and waiting for some poses i need to enlighten you with my thoughts.

First to say, i like the idea very much.

I think the main problem at the moment is that the poses seen so far are looking very HUMAN.

We are talking about superhuman warriors. An elite caste of extraordinary beings. When i see the poses it feels wrong to me because they draw no distinctionto normal human beings.

The poses look like the are young man (perhaps pupils on a school yard) who accidentally wear Power Armor and weapons.

But these Men are tough; they feel no fear and show no emotion.

Thats the main point. These guys are emotionally crippled, having seen so much war heaving dealt so much death.

So willingly showing emotions to someone else would be a near impossible task to one of them.

I belive the most fitting pose will be one showing camaraderie. Perhaps an salute or the formentioned warriors handshake.

These Gestures will show the connection between the men but still show the distance each one has to adhere.

my 2 cents.

cya

BobPanda, I also wanted to use bare heads but the heads I have look angry, hurt or suffering, so I used neutral helmets instead, which are also much faster to paint.

Naysmith, thanks very much for your reply. What you feel about the pose I chose is exactly what I want the models to express. I wanted the models to represent me and my friend, as wh40k is a world that means a lot to us. The superhuman warriors is the tool we use to play and have fun for a couple of games once every 2 months. So when I had this idea for his birthday, I thought it would be a nice metaphor.

I know SM are emotion-deprived, but my project being only a metaphor of friendship in the form of toys, I think modelling them to show emotions is visually more striking than more traditional, warrior-like poses such as the dubbing of a knight, providing covering fire and so on.

As for the more American poses suggested by peeps, they're not really meaningful where I come from, which is France. Fist bump and high five we sometimes do, but when we do it's more in a parodical way, to mock American football players wearing make up and body armor...

So, to get back to wh40k and power armor...

Here are the finished models, pics were sot outdoor so they're very bright.

The UM was quite fun to paint especially the highlights in enchanted blue. I put more efforts into the UM model than into mine. I ran out of time so I couldn't give them all the attention they deserved

gallery_26197_1980_21393.jpg

gallery_26197_1980_23220.jpg

gallery_26197_1980_101706.jpg

gallery_26197_1980_75402.jpg

Ok, this is the end of this WIP. If you have any questions or want to discuss the pros and cons of showing emotions in real life or in the grim future, PM me I'll be happy to reply !

Thanks for reading

Djoulz

I can't quit you, Ultramarine.

That's pretty funny.

@Brother Djoulz: Nice job. Very clean paint and the models look great. I think this is a very nice gift and I'm sure your friend will love it.

@ Brother DjoulZ

Allright the mistake was mine. After explaining your intention i think this is a nice present with very nice theme.

It transports exactly what you wanted to. (Did i miss the explaination in the beginning?)

Perhaps i was a bit to serious with it; happens to me ;) .

Well done.

cya

Thanks all for liking the models !

My friend liked the present, it means I can now do the cheeky scene I had in mind before this project :

A neophyte standing over a dead UM lying on the ground, with a chainsword plunged into the UM's chest ! *Humiliation* The scene taking place in a pool of blood

@ Naysmith Maybe my explanation at the beginning wasn't very clear !

Archived