Steve Irwin's Dark Angel Force

Steve Irwin

Hey there Steve,i think you've done some excellent work here. However, painting/building all of that stuff before september is going to be a challnge! Keep it going.

I'll also throw this randomly out there, i'm thinking about collecting Tau. :devil:

Noses!

Crimson

Hey there Steve,i think you've done some excellent work here. However, painting/building all of that stuff before september is going to be a challnge! Keep it going.

Cheers Mr. Fury!

I hope to get it all done by September because that’s when I start out at my new College, and painting there will be near impossible!! So getting it done now is probably the best thing I can hope for...

I'll also throw this randomly out there, i'm thinking about collecting Tau. ^_^

Noses!

Crimson

Wow, Tau and 9500 pts worth of Salamanders!! :P You sir are going to have quite a lot to handle if you go ahead with it.

Hey, whatever takes your fancy, Tau are a pretty cool race to collect, like the Battle Suits, and the Fire Warrior/Devilfish combo thingy, I think it’s called Fish of Fury, I can’t remember...

Sounds good, do it!! ^_^

Cheers!

Steve

*Pulls up a chair and some popcorn*

Looks like with all those boxes and 'grey stuff' there is going to be some show here. BTW that squad with their hand-painted icons is looking very nice indeed. If you haven't finished the bases, don't make them any darker – they're working very well with your colour scheme.

On the unpainted stuff, the rubble added to the dreads bases is looking like an idea worth stealing. What can I see in there some old sprue and some cut up buildings?

Cheers

I

*Pulls up a chair and some popcorn*

Looks like with all those boxes and 'grey stuff' there is going to be some show here. BTW that squad with their hand-painted icons is looking very nice indeed. If you haven't finished the bases, don't make them any darker – they're working very well with your colour scheme.

On the unpainted stuff, the rubble added to the dreads bases is looking like an idea worth stealing. What can I see in there some old sprue and some cut up buildings?

Cheers

I

Hehe, yeah, it looks like I’m in for the long haul on this one doesn’t it! :)

Yea, the Squad is utterly finished (minus those four guys’ weapons), so there won’t be any changes to the bases.

As for the Dreadnought bases, if I recall, the first one (darker), had some old plastic city-fight building stuck to the base, with cut up sprue piled up around it, to ‘blend’ it into the base. The second had a plastic city-fighting ladder added on to it, but just cut up into different ways to look more interesting. All the rubble had little notches cut into them to make them look more worn and torn. Several bullet holes were also added.

That’s pretty much it, and you can pilfer away to your heart’s content!! ;)

On another note, I have just recently put up a topic showcasing my Death Guard, so if anyone is interested, just click the other link in my signature (*sigh* shameless self advertising :) ).

Cheers!

Steve

Thanks for letting me know the bits you used, Steve.

Sadly, it's not helpful since my LC's get used on said terminators :D

It continues to look good. Maybe add some small wires in here and there to the bases to bring out the rubble even more?

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings my brethren.

I’m sorry I haven’t updated in a while, it’s just that I have been busy painting a particular Great Unclean One ready for an Apocalypse game today, and he seems to have taken up all my time... :cry:

Fear not though, for my Death Guard force is utterly finished now, allowing me to concentrate fully on my Dark Angels, expect an update of the 2nd finished Tactical squad very soon.

Oh, and if any of you plague lovers out there are interested in the Great Unclean One, just click the bottom link in my signature.

I hope you enjoy viewing it! <_<

Cheers

Steve

I think you like Dark Angels more than anyone else I've ever met! 9,000 points of 40k AND Dark Angels epic as well, you should post a pic of all the empty pots of Dark Angels Green you must have laying around :mellow: But seriously though, excellent work!

Looking good man.

You should think about investing in an airbrush: http://www.rdgtools.co.uk/acatalog/AIRBRUS...AND_SPARES.html

Would save you a good amount of time (at least on your tanks) if you could just spray on your Dark Angel green.

Thanks!

Those Airbrushes do look very nice and shiny! Unfortunately I have no experience with Airbrushes whatsoever; I did use the GW spray-gun, but it sucked, a lot... :rolleyes:

I am very tempted by these products, but at £75.00 for the cheapest version, I am kind of put off, I mean, £75.00 just to save me some time... :huh:

That said, I would like to get a Warhound (or two ;) ) in the future, and an Airbrush would then come in very handy, also the fact that GW might be releasing a plastic Thunderhawk in the near future, it would be hella useful for that too!!

I will think about it, but there are two Airbrushes listed on that page, one being £95.00 and the other being £75.00 (including V.A.T), frankly I have no idea why they are £20 different...

Thanks for the heads up and for the comment! Thanks to you papanurgle24 for your comment too, I probably am a little fanatical when it comes to Dark Angels! :D I am actually going to do a Battlefleet Gothic Dark Angel fleet at some point in the future too! :P

Well Drivebybaptism, if you can give me any advice then that would be much appreciated! It sounds like you know your stuff! ^_^

Cheers

Steve

The 95 quid one has a holding tank for air, which means the pump runs less when you're painting and gives you a much more steady air pressure coming out of the nozzle.

Quite worth the difference.

Bear in mind that an airbrush (the bit you hold) can cost anywhere from £40 - £100. A compressor tank can at least cost you £100 for the cheapest. The more you spend is generally the more you get. The more expensive one can take moister out of the air you take in using the compressor plus the spray of the guns has a good range.

When using one just keep the spray consistant and your movements flowing. Worst happens you go back and touch up with a brush.

Indeed the Warhounds are a sweet model. What with the Reavor being out now I expect a Warlord shall be in the works.

Ok, I think it’s time for an update!!

Sorry it’s so late, I am actually a little pissed off at myself, this Squad should have been finished about a week ago (although, I was painting the Forge World Great Unclean One... :D ).

Anywho, here are the pictures:

First is the Tactical Squad, with their shiny (and brand new!) Mk. 8 Errant Armour! :D

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv344/Steve--Irwin/2ndTacticalSquad5thCompanyDarkAngel.jpg

Here be their Rhino, nothing special, just the same as the others really (wow, this is a crappy picture).

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv344/Steve--Irwin/2ndTacticalSquadRhino5thCompanyDark.jpg

Those two pictures were both quite poor ;) , I apologise. Hopefully they give you a general idea as to what the models look like...

Here is the next Squad under the chopping/painting block, the 5th Company Command Squad.

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv344/Steve--Irwin/DarkAngelCommandSquadWIP.jpg

And here again, with some magical powers applied!! ;)

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv344/Steve--Irwin/DarkAngelCommandSquadWIPPicture2.jpg

Here is a Plasma Cannon Marine who will be replacing the Missile Launcher guy in the 1st Tactical Squad; he will be painted up in an afternoon some time...

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv344/Steve--Irwin/1stTacticalSquadPlasmaCannonWIP.jpg

Just to let you know, I am kitting out all six Tactical Squads with a Plasma Gun, and a Plasma Cannon. Should be quite fun to use... B)

That’s all for now, but this next Squad should take no time at all, as there are to be no big ass freehand Dark Angel icons on the doors (yay! :lol: ), and there are only 5 guys too.

C&C as always!

Cheers

Steve

While plasma certainly is very fun and all, I would strongly suggest some diversity in you equipment.

But that destroys the entire DA theory of plasma beats everything! <_<

It's up to Steve what he wants to do with his models, but some diversity could be useful. I myself am stealing your idea though and making a full plasma squad with cannon, gun and pistol :devil:

-Simoleo

Thanks for all the comments, I didn’t realise there would be so many so soon!

While plasma certainly is very fun and all, I would strongly suggest some diversity in you equipment.

I thank you for your suggestion, but if I could say just one thing...

Never!! :D

Hehe, no I don’t need the diversity in Tactical Squads, due to the fact that I have the rest of my force for whatever I may come across. My diversity comes in the form of 9000 pts of models to choose from! ;)

Simoleo, no problem there, I have yet to use these Squads in a game, but I imagine their kill potential to be quite high... B)

If I can get my act together, the Command Squad should be finished by Sunday... erm... yeeaah... :)

Cheers!

Steve

I would like to point out the following:

He has THREE types of plasma weapons in there. It's diverse enough!

I would, however, encourage the tech priests to develop plasma missile warheads, that way he could add those in as well.

If you include power weapons, as they work on the same principle as a plasma cutter, he's got at least 5!

Actually Philby, you have gotten me curious now. I will probably kill myself after I work this total out (and I’ll blame you for that!! ;) ), but I really would like to see what I have spent on my Angels of Death...

Space Marine Battle Company: £275

3 Terminator box sets: £75

Ravenwing Attack Squadron: £50

5 Land Speeders: £90

3 Land Raiders/Crusaders: £105

3 Predators: £75

Vindicator Line Breaker Squadron (3 Vindicators): £65

3 Whirlwinds: £75

3 Dreadnoughts: £75

1 Drop Pod: £18

About 5 boxes of Dark Angel Veterans: £55 (roughly)

Techmarine + Servitors: £20 (I think...)

3 4th Edition Dark Angel Codices (:huh:): £45 (and yes, I really do have 3 Dark Angel Codices! One of which is signed by Jervis Johnson too!!)

Total (GBP): £1023 (give or take £20...) :blink:

Total (AUD): $2,069.90

Total (USD): $1,550.35

Yep, I think I’m gonna kill myself... :mellow:

I have a sort of general idea, that for Warhammer 40,000, you are looking to spend around £100 for every 1000 pts. This is the case with my Death Guard (OMG!! I have spent £550 on them!! :( ).

I'm only 18 too...

Hmmm, I may have to stop buying stuff now, thanks for the heads up Philby, you have saved a falling out with my wallet!! :lol:

Cheers

Steve

Total (AUD): $2,069.90

Hmmm, I may have to stop buying stuff now, thanks for the heads up Philby, you have saved a falling out with my wallet!! :lol:

Cheers

Steve

far out. that's nuts haha. glad i could be of service though ;)

Ahh good times time Steve, look at is like this there's worse things you could have spent your money on. If you spend it on a hobby you enjoy it's never going to be wasted money.

But you've spent loads omg! Probably more than that guy that has like billions of space marines and just can't stop buying them! 10,000 pts of salamanders is good for the soul though :D

Crimson

• 1 month later...

Oh, my, god, how long has it been!!

Heh, well I hope you guys are still interested, as I have some more pictures for you all!!

Granted, these miniatures were painted over a month ago, but they are new here none the less...

Here we go...

This here be the 5th Company Command Razorback.

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv344/Steve--Irwin/5thCompanyCommandRazorbackDarkAngel.jpg

And this here is the 5th Company Command Rhino, and its one and the same vehicle as the Razorback, it just has the magikal ability to transform at will... :)

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv344/Steve--Irwin/5thCompanyCommandRhinoDarkAngels.jpg

Next up is the finished Command Squad, resplendent in their nice robey robes!! :D

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv344/Steve--Irwin/5thCompanyCommandSquadDarkAngels-1.jpg

And here again with the old git himself... :P

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv344/Steve--Irwin/5thCompanyCommandSquadandMasterDark.jpg

Here is a photo of the 1st Tactical Squad taken from really far away... hehe, I hope you Epic fans like it!

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv344/Steve--Irwin/Epic5thCompany1stTacticalSquadDa-1.jpg

And here is the next thing on the chopping block, and they have been sitting there for about a month now...

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv344/Steve--Irwin/5thComapny7thAssaultSquadWIP.jpg

C&C always welcome!

Enjoy!!

Steve

Archived