++Codex: Fire, Steel and Zeal++

I'm curious what you guys think about the EC having the Honour or Death rule that the Honour Guard Champion has!? In the description it is very EC like---must be ready to challenge any enemy leader to single combat, etc. A HGC has artificer armor and can have a relic blade...short of the 1 less WS, I, W...there's not much to differentiate the two...

Well, there's the Iron Halo and the other options available to the Emperor's Champion. Plus the 'Zealous' attack is different as well. I think that the EC has enough special rules and choices at the moment.

Hey Sigs, I'd double-check the Emperor's Champion's relic blade against the CSM one. That's a 2h weapon.

That's why I gave him the extra attack on his profile. It's a bit of a simplification, but it makes it easier. I've introduced the single 'Zealous' attack (if you can think of a better name, please let me know) that has a bit of the Codex: Armageddon flavour about it.

Siggie, I read this this morning coming in from a late night at work and was drinking a bit so I had to re-read to make sure my impressions were good. I like it. I like it alot! Really pulls from the right sources of Codex Arma, the 4th Codex and the proper elements of 5th C:SM to make it modern, relevant and proper for a BT 5th ed. Codex! Brilliant sir! I think a couple of the points need to be adjusted for a few pieces of wargear but otherwise I thought that the stats and points seemed to be for the most part well within reason. Really really liked the Special characters which is something we are lacking!

So as I tank this bottle of rum on me day off, cheers sir! Well done!

I've introduced the single 'Zealous' attack (if you can think of a better name, please let me know) that has a bit of the Codex: Armageddon flavour about it.

I think 'deathblow', 'headshot' (too Khan-ish perhaps?), 'killing strike', 'cleave' or something like that would be best. 'Zealous' doesn't work because it doesn't really have anything to do with the type of attack. If it was a flurry of extra attacks (like Helbrecht's) zealous would work better to describe it.

'Deathblow' sounds good.

I lost my play test against mech eldar. 2 objectives to 1. Mainly because I didn't play very well*, and had a marshal and termie household which sat in a raider too long.

The EC got killed by Eldrad** in single combat :D

The psychic hood vow may have been more useful in preventing doom/fate death than AAC.

* It was vassal40k, which I haven't played in a while.

** Eldrad and the banshees lost the next round of combat and then got chased down :P

A great thanks must go to PlasmaBomb for putting this Word doc together, it's much more prettier than the one that I made! Anyhow, I'll see about trying to find it a more permanent home here on the B&C. Time to go hunt down an admin...

Really good. As said before, you've done pretty much all of the work for GW.

I would love to see this in .pdf version (is it possible, if its not asking too much obviously, enough was done already by compiling and arranging this)

I would love to see this in .pdf version (is it possible, if its not asking too much obviously, enough was done already by compiling and arranging this

There's something in the works, I'll let you know how it turns out :tu:

Cheers Race, I was wondering when you were going to show up.

thanks a lot! I'll be looking forward to see it. :rolleyes:

As for the name of the EC single attack, I have some suggestions:

- Holy Wrath;

- Death Blow;

- Emperor's Wrath;

- Emperor's Might;

- Crusader Strike.

(Now that I look at the names on the board I can say for sure that I've been playing way too much world of warcraft. *focus, must paint and play warhammer, get away from...DoH!*

I would love to see this in .pdf version (is it possible, if its not asking too much obviously, enough was done already by compiling and arranging this

There's something in the works, I'll let you know how it turns out :rolleyes:

Nice, because when I download the .doc file I just get symbols and all sorts of nonsense. Oh well, copy and paste into word for now. I have a game lined up this weekend, I'll print a copy out and see how it works out.

There's something in the works, I'll let you know how it turns out ;)

Nice, because when I download the .doc file I just get symbols and all sorts of nonsense. Oh well, copy and paste into word for now. I have a game lined up this weekend, I'll print a copy out and see how it works out.

If that copy doesn't work, feel free to chuck me a PM and I'll try sending you the no-frills version.

There's something in the works, I'll let you know how it turns out ;)

Anybody else having problem with the word file?

(It's word 2003).

PM me and I can email copies to see if that helps.

There's one thing i'm really missing:

Fluffwise missing a scout company sword brethren perform infiltration tasks, represented by veteran skill for sword brethren und command squads in C:BT...

I know that few players actually use this, but not having any form of infiltration isn't very "space marine"-like.

I ran into a problem with the DOC, I saved it and it came up garbled. Then I saw that it was trying to load a Word Doc in Google Chrome, that's probably one of the most common problems.

Give me 20 minutes or so, and I'll have a PDF for Sigismund, he just needs to tell me where to put it ;)

I am working, with Sigismund Himself, on a .pdf file that will look similar to the current BT codex.

Will release both a printer friendly (no pictures only text) as well as a more graphical and fun looking one.

So stay tuned.

++edit++

for anyone that want ot help correction read and comment and give input on the design part PM me and I give a link to a sample .pdf

I ran into a problem with the DOC, I saved it and it came up garbled. Then I saw that it was trying to load a Word Doc in Google Chrome, that's probably one of the most common problems.

Ah, that will be my problem as well. I emailed a no frills copy to work and printed it out, so I am all set for Saturday. I'll post my thoughts after the game.

Thanks Von, I think 'deathblow' has it.

On a related note, the Templars won their first playtest with the codex, against the Orks. It's a sign, I tell you ;)

Deathblow doesn't do them justice.

Perhaps a Crusader's Strike or Emperors Touch.

Archived