Grey Knights Sanctuary Psychic Power...

DuskRaider

The worst is when they field the basic Inquisitor with 2 mystics. 32 points to totally screw you over. You can kill it easily, but if he's gotten 2 kills or altered your plan significantly (wasting a turn of fire to down 3 T3 models) he's done his job.

Depending on how big a rules lawyer you want to be in the situation, Sanctuary doesn't actually work against that much of the daemon book. This is due to the fact that Sanctuary refers to the Daemonhunter codex definition of daemon, not the Chaos Daemons definition of Daemon. It still nails your GDs and Nurglings but it fails against everything else. Daemon Packs and Daemon Beasts no longer exist as a classification and the Soul Grinder is not technically a Daemonically Possessed vehicle (or at least nothing states it is), as such your troops, fast attack choices, and Soul Grinders ignore the effects of Sanctuary.
I think I'd actually punch someone who actually argued with a straight face that a demon from the Demon Army Codex wasn't a demon.

Yeah the mystic inquisitor is annoying, but at least other armies get affected by it to a reasonable degree as well. Sanctuary only screws us over.

Technically an Avatar is a Daemon too :)

I think I'd actually punch someone who actually argued with a straight face that a demon from the Demon Army Codex wasn't a demon.

QFT, people are stupid.

Yeah the mystic inquisitor is annoying, but at least other armies get affected by it to a reasonable degree as well. Sanctuary only screws us over.

Technically an Avatar is a Daemon too :)

:P

Besides, how many eldar players actually take the avatar?

:)

Besides, how many eldar players actually take the avatar?

Much better ;)

The Avatar is handy if you don't want to run a mechdar or biker council list. Hordes of Fearless Eldar with 4 MCs in the mix totally work, but is mind bogglingly unfluffy :P

==Me==, look at my original post, it was already there, I just bolded it :P

An Iyanden army could probably get away with 4 MCs, maybe. My eldar fluff knowledge isn't exactly great :)

Oh, by the way:

QFT, people are stupid.

It's a valid argument, even if it is a complete richard move. Technically barely anything in the daemon codex is a daemon, you're just never gonna play a game with the guy again if you try and argue it. Of course if he's playing a 5x sanctuary list that may not be a problem......

Well, Null Zone can be a pain for deployment, but if you have a fast moving daemon army, you can make up the Null Zone's area. Truthfully, I've been toying with an idea of 5 flying MCs, couple those with some Flesh Hounds or Furies and whatever you want for troops. A fast, hard hitting army. 2 Bloodthirsters with Unholy Might alone can take out armies by themselves, it's like getting hit by a Lascannon in CC. Even armour 14 is in trouble thanks to 2D6 AP.

had another thought on the sanctuary power. since the bubble has a 3" radius, as long as the objective is actually larger than the =][='s base, it is impossible for him to keep you from contesting the objective unless he creates a ring of troops inside the buble to keep you outside the 1" from enemy troops bubble.

just a thought on a possible weakness to exploit.

The banishment psychic power.

No longer does anything to Daemons unfortunatly. B)

As for Sanctuary, if I was a Daemon player, I wouldn't want to play an army using it. There is nothing you can do to the Sanctuary Bubble, bar the one or two powers you have that don't require LoS. You can't pavane units out of the Bubble. And if the Inq is in a LR, you can't Gift of Chaos him either.

If it's not Annihalation (if it is, you've lost, as you won't be able to kill anything), and the DH player can set up on his (capture and control) or close enought to the majority of Objective. You can't win.

With DS taking a turn, it's perfectly viabe to spend the first turn 12" your Inquisitor containing LR onto Objectives, to Sanctuary next turn.

The DH player might not win, but I can bet you it will be the most boring and quickest game of 40K you've every played.

Daemon Player: My Turn, I can't assault or shoot anything. I run a little. Your turn.

erm guys there is one method that you have forgotten.

make sure that any ordances or blast templates ( not flamers ) scatter :P or place a sou grinder near it and hope that it explods with a 6 inche range ^^. for instance just make sure you have a few soul grinders and then pray that it scatters onto the guy. then poof, no problamo :P. if he is stupid enough to place units infront of the guy casting the spell them blast template him to death :P. this is where breath of chaos works best ^^ or even blue horrors :P

thanks

antique_nova

That has actually been mentioned already. However I don't really see how you can rely on blast scatter, there is no way to even come close to guaranteeing it will scatter in the right direction, let alone the right distance. The template one can work, but only if the guy is dumb enough to put a unit that close in front, you could pavane them there, but then you're stuck with a bunch of weak Slaaneshi units wasting their time with pavane to template one unit.

because you can't shoot into or draw LOS pass the bubble so pavaning a unit into partial contact with the bubble so you can blast template it is a pretty rare event. The Masque just isnt survivable. If she had been an IC, then we can hide her in a squad of daemonettes and that'll make her borken (and definately worth taking, like a CSM dual lash).

OT: Still no love for the Masque. :lol: Oh well, she’ll always have my respect if no one else. But agreed, this is a very long shot approach. She always survived the games I’ve used her in but oh well.

Yes, using pavane to move an unprotected unit in front on the sanctuary effect would work. That is IF there was such a hapless enemy unit nearby and IF you rolled high enough on the pavane roll and IF you had other daemons with templates & blast markers ready to do the damage but that’s a very ideal situation.

There is no real solution. Sanctuary is just 15 pts of really cheesing Daemons.

-OMG

Truthfully, I think it really comes down to letting the enemy have an objective and going after the other(s). Exception is if it's hold the center, then I'll just make sure to utterly slaughter the rest of his army. I may not be able to get that objective, but I'm sure going to slaughter everything you own on the board. After that, try the scatter.

Archived