My Ultramarines

Thantoes

Mr T,

i HATE you! :(

Not only did you paint him really quick, but its ten times what i could do.....

The green eyed monster rears its head!, I hope youll bring all these in June!

Fantastic job, love it

GC08

Due to time constraints it took a mon - fri to get him all converted, greenstuffed (its there, just hidden which is good cause my greenstuff-fu is weak). Started painting him last night, worked on him for about 3 hours and then another 3 or 4 hours this morning. He was suprisingly easy to paint.

My only complaint is the angle of the sword. I wanted it resting against his shoulder at more of an angle but couldnt quite manage it. Still, he turned out all right in the end and I am happy with him. I am sure he will be toasting some heretic/xeno scum soon :mellow:

Newest unit. My daka Predator. It has magnetized side sponsoons so that I can turn it into a rhino when the time comes.

As the Pred

gallery_33964_3332_15194.jpg

gallery_33964_3332_123929.jpg

In rhino configuration

gallery_33964_3332_78314.jpg

Below you can see the gap around the side door due to the frame buckling from being too close to my lamp. I had to source a replacement door as well. The origional was a total lose.

gallery_33964_3332_11748.jpg

Boo, double post. Oh well

This is Captain Fabian of the 3rd company and will be my "Counts as Khan" He is wearing full MK3 armour. To be honest, I am not that happy with how he came out. I think that the green cape may have been a mistake. Oh well, I am not about to strip him and re-paint him so he will just have to do.

gallery_33964_3332_17711.jpg

gallery_33964_3332_1603.jpg

gallery_33964_3332_52739.jpg

Your highlighting technique is very unique. Or atleast, the effect it has is. Very well done.

Just a question: why so many 'counts as' models? I'm not saying your wrong for doing it, and in someways I couldn't agree with you more, but I am just curious.

Your highlighting technique is very unique. Or atleast, the effect it has is. Very well done.

Just a question: why so many 'counts as' models? I'm not saying your wrong for doing it, and in someways I couldn't agree with you more, but I am just curious.

Because I can...

No seriously, I have the Chapter Masters Box set and rather than just do them up as packaged, I have decided to do them as the other chapters special characters. That way they are a little bit unique and characterful as well as it also gives me a chance to do some converting.

And really, who needs 4 or 5 different generic captains? This way at least I can use their special abilities and play with different loadouts.

A Ultramarine that looks like a Roman. Nice to see someone finally playing off the theme. Good game.

Looks greek to me, To the Op great model.

Thats just being picky... Besides, it has been noted in WD that Ultramarines are not romans, they are 'classical'.

And thats me being picky...

don't freat about the green cape it actually suits him and it is a brilliant conversion all your models are awsome keep up the good work can't wait to see more. one more thing APPLY TO THE EAVY METAL TEAM as you seem to beat them all at painting:D

This is a a beautifully-painted army with many well-executed & unique conversions. Kudos, Thantoes.

And really, who needs 4 or 5 different generic captains? This way at least I can use their special abilities and play with different loadouts.

That's a clever idea.

wow man your lamp must be REALLY hot to warp the plastic so easily!

but good save, the swapable rhino/predator looks amazing

60w bulb in a metal lamp does get fairly warm. It was also under there for a while. As said earlier I think I was just too used to having my metal minis drying under there and didnt realise it would hit the plastic that hard.

Have just finished doing up the first half of a new Tac squad. Henceforth to be known as Squad 3 it will be my plasma squad. Plasma Cannon, Plasma Gun and Combi-Plasma. I have tried to make them a little more dynamic than the usual "firing from the hip" poses that most tacticals have.

Apologies about the pics. The white balance is all off and I couldnt be bothered to re-do them.

The Sergeant

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2432/3581186454_51a8ca2545.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3324/3581186534_7a1985e8ee.jpg

Various Marines

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3601/3580376161_6a8fe18269.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3324/3580376227_2718dd1123.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3353/3580376289_140737d563.jpg

And because I think every marine army should have this pose somewhere... :P

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3629/3580376387_71dfcfa20e.jpg

Yea, that fist is my favourite component out of the whole chapter masters box. I never could understand why they armed that model with both a power weapon and a fist as even under 4th ed it was very very expensive. Was a bit of a bugger to get it to A: fit a plastic arm and B: position the arm so it all fit. Greenstuff helped a lot on that one.

Yeah, why did they do a powerfist/power sword combo? Variation?

I think its because the model is the master of the arsenal and its GW's way of showing he would have access to the best equipment (he also had Mk3 PA)..

GC08

• 1 month later...

Its been awhile since I last posted on here. First up is the remainder of the previously posted Tactical squad. As can be seen its very plasma orientated with a plasma cannon, plasma gun and combi-plasma. I have run this squad twice and its done....ok. First game the sergeant got into close combat with a dread and managed to rip both its arms off. The second time around he managed to melt himself with his combi-plasma on his first turn of shooting.

Newest 5 members of the squad.

gallery_33964_3332_61363.jpg

The whole squad. I tried to get a whole "red crystal skull" thing going on the sergeants banner. I was partially successful.

gallery_33964_3332_117646.jpg

Next up is my Honour Guard Chapter Banner Bearer.

I am going to put up 2 sets of images. The first is how he looked when I first painted him and the second is how he looks after being stripped and redone. And the base will get done when I have finished the whole Honour Guard Squad.

Then:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2345/2334213745_da8f54962f_b.jpg

Now: I am not entirely happy with the script on the scroll under the picture, methinks it shall be redone soon.

gallery_33964_3332_119566.jpg

gallery_33964_3332_13139.jpg

*edit* Just done a quick bit of painting. The scroll looks a lot better now, taken the Ultra out and replaced it with Macragge in better lettering.

Archived