The Alpha Legion after the Heresy

Yes but... considering how "bad" things seems to the Empire in this times... why we have never ear about the Alpha Legion attacking xenos or similars that would othervise do a big damage to the Empire?. I mean, you don´t work to favour an static Empire attacking it all the time...:D

(Ok, i know that all of this "hey, we are not bad!!" is very new, so i suppose that simply they didn´t "develope" that idea... or maybe the Alpha legion are the counselors of Failbaddon, and that´s why he never achieves anything...XD)

Well we don't really know if the Alpha Legion attacks xenos or not. In fact we never really here about in depth battles involving them. What we do usually hear comes from a Ultramarine and a few inquisitors... that doesn't give us much insight into what the Alpha legion is doing other then fighting the imperial armies or other space marines. Also maybe by killing a few hundred thousand imperial citizens they work to save a few million others, like being anti heroes. They do bad things that have good results for people, we just dont hear of it

I have a feeling that their story will turn out similar to that of the Death Guard or Thousand Sons, never meaning to serve Chaos but ending up damned with the rest and then being driven by self-hatred and the idea that if they kill everyone who knows of their fall they will somehow cleanse themselves.

I think with what happened to Horus, the Alpha Legion in a way felt a little bit cheated since it wasnt what was shown to Alpharius. Also, with Alpharius dead, we really aren't sure how Omegon would lead the Legion. Will he be as elusive as alpharius or was he more like the twin who follows the other twin? Or is he really the brains behind the legion?

Another thing the AL has going for them is the use of spies and civilians as their eyes and ears. I would reckon they still have these people in alot of worlds and they still work towards their goal which is now a mystery. Who knows, they might already be shaping things right now either for the emperor or Chaos.

It's much like with Cypher and them not really being sure what his real agenda is.

Also, with Alpharius dead, we really aren't sure how Omegon would lead the Legion.

WOW!

you are jumping to a huge conclusion about him being dead. Just because an Ultramarine said so doesn't necessarily make it true, for all we know it was Ranko Sheed who got killed, I mean after all he has masqueraded as the primarch more then once, and he isn't that good with a sword, after all a Lucifer black got a jab into him. Th great thing about him is that its all pure speculation and is the legion itself is a mystery

Just because an Ultramarine said so doesn't necessarily make it true, for all we know it was Ranko Sheed who got killed, I mean after all he has masqueraded as the primarch more then once

im pretty sure Guilliman would know his own brother, if there was anyone in the universe that couldnt be tricked by the old primarch 'switcharoo' it would be their brother primarchs and big daddy the emperor.

Yes, but Gulliman himself never claimed to have killed, or even fought Alpharius on Eskrador. The only known account is from the diary of an Ultramarines sergeant who may or may not have even existed. It was found by an inquisitor later revealed as an Alpha Legion operative, not in the official records of the Chapter. Gulliman is of course in stasis, so unable to answer questions on the matter ...

Personally I would assume that a record about Guilliman defeating another primarch in a duel would have been remembered throughout the millennia, so any supposed account from an alleged Ultramarine about such an event could immediately be veryfied or dismissed. It would not be th eonly weak part of that Index Astartes description, so who knows.

The beautiful part of this whole idea is that they haven't finished the story yet. It could completely change what we think we know about the history of the 30th Millennia.

We know that the AL think they are acting to save humanity/the galaxy from a horrible fate. We know that their intentions are noble. We know they are sneaky and have eyes and ears all over the universe.

What we don’t know is what the AL did with the Cabal after the Heresy failed. We don’t know why they remained out of the Eye of Terror. We don’t know what their motives became after the Heresy. And now that the Imperium is so deeply committed to its downward course, we have no idea what the AL are doing to help/prevent it.

But I love every second of it. Why? Because it gives inspiration and ideas to every gamer and modeler out there. Want to create a unique AL based army and have it fight for the good of mankind? You can. Want to run some Chaos renegades hell bent on destroying Holy Terra? You can do that too.

I love it.

Most of my "Legion-rage" is based on the fact that the ending defied logic...to quote "Sensei-Lord" above, "Damn you Abnett!!!"

But now there are several posts on here saying that there is a sequel that will explain what happens with the Alpha Legion and their Xeno-buddies, the Cabal. I`m just wondering if this sequel has been confirmed, or if its just a wish turned into a hope turned into a rumor turned into a snipet of news turned into accepted fact. Has anyone actually confirmed this.

About Guilleman killing Alpharius (or Omegon): I think that something that is pretty hard to fake, isn`t it? IIRC, didn`t something happen when Fulgrim killed the Iron Hands Primarch? It`s been a while since I read the book, but I seem to remember something like a flash of light..or something. I think Guilleman would know if he killed the Alpha Legion Primarch...now he might be folled as to whether it was Omegon or Alpharius. Just a thought.

Almighty Nocturnus

Archived