WIP- Daughters of the Emperor. Lost Female Chapter

US, and no, females cannot join as 0311 infantry. they may END UP fighting and dieing, But there not ment to, they arnt ground pounders.

i wouldnt really say its what the emp said, but he started it all men, to me that seems like thats how he wanted it. there battle brothers, i would think its tradition. but thats fluff, and you want critiqe on the models.

as pezz said, working out would reduce brest size. theres nothing that you can say to counter that. i do know a good handfull of women who have large breast in the millitary, and i also know they scam the hell out of having to PT.

odd coincidence, or the truth?

US, and no, females cannot join as 0311 infantry. they may END UP fighting and dieing, But there not ment to, they arnt ground pounders.

i wouldnt really say its what the emp said, but he started it all men, to me that seems like thats how he wanted it. there battle brothers, i would think its tradition. but thats fluff, and you want critiqe on the models.

as pezz said, working out would reduce brest size. theres nothing that you can say to counter that. i do know a good handfull of women who have large breast in the millitary, and i also know they scam the hell out of having to PT.

Gotta say man.. This is the first thing we disagreed on. I know some women who want to be soldiers. They could probably kick the crap out of the strongest infantry guys your country's got. That being said, I think we all have been getting too off topic here. Let's just enjoy this army for what it is. Girls can do everything that boys can do. Sometimes better, but just about always equally. Circle circle dot dot, now shut up about all that.

Gotta say man.. This is the first thing we disagreed on. I know some women who want to be soldiers. They could probably kick the crap out of the strongest infantry guys your country's got. That being said, I think we all have been getting too off topic here. Let's just enjoy this army for what it is. Girls can do everything that boys can do. Sometimes better, but just about always equally. Circle circle dot dot, now shut up about all that.

My dad could beat up your dad. Also, I think you kinda misread his post.

As to the thread- most people aren't actually that mad about you doing female marines, just they way you are doing it. They aren't very well done (lazy). Most women who are in excellent physical shape (like a marine would have to be) are going to have smaller breasts than those that aren't.

I can see past the breasts, they seem to be necessary when people make female marines. Because of course there is no other way for a talented modeller to represent the female gender except for giant chests!

But you should really rethink those sculpted heads. It's great that you want to make these yourself, but you should really practise a bit more and until then, either use helmets on all of them or look at existing model lines and pick some nice heads from there. Maybe woodelf heads like DocThunder used , or something from the Infinity games...

Every time I look at that model I always think it kicks ass. The one thing I don't like about it is the chest humps though. They do look quite out of place. Though even without them and with a helmet on, that model will instantly be recognisable as a female marine amongst male brethren.

yea yea, i know. the heads are terrible.. although if you scroll back, i belive i mentioned that they are just "skulls" for now. i havent gotten to the details yet, and i wanted to take my time with the heads.. ill do some detailing and sanding this weekend, and see if i cant make something sutable to show off..

and yea, that libby model is great.. and was the first thing i found when i started looking for decent source material. although it would looks pretty dumb with a full legion of libbys... depsite the great sculpt XD.. i also notice nobody complains about her oversized breastplate ;p

and i admit, that converted sister does look great, but im not buying two whole armies, just to convert them into one :mellow: sorry kids, im not made of money.. lol

and finally, who the hell said im taking the lazy route??? everyone else is suggetsing i do LESS work and leave everything but the heads alone!! sure, i would LOVE to convert the hell out of them with a sisters army as previously stated, but that sort of extensive conversion would take a few years, and i wouldent mind being able to play before the new year sometime XD

but anways, im going off track.. XD

its payday today! and im wondering what else to add now.. since everyone here seems to be marine players, (i myself am tyranid, usually XD) so they'd know whats the most effective in the army. what units do i still need to get the most bang for my buck? im planning on more termies and a heavy weapons team eventually as well, but other then those, i'm not sure whats effective. any suggestions from anyone? i know i need a commander for sure! but he'll, er she'll be a heavy conversion, so i might save her till i got a bit more bitz and bites the play with..

Sasha Eden and the Broken Hearted have been going for 18 months now, and the fluff I have developed is that of a small mercenary company, who started when female guard were captured and augmented by a chaos apothecary.

Having been excommunicated and hunted by the Imperium, she now gathers disaffected marines and gangers.

As such, her marines are majority male, but with female sergeants, using SoB, Hasslefreeminiatures and AT43.

Her support, however, including tank and transport drivers, are non-augmented, so I was able to use a wider range of miniatures from Necromunda, Infinity etc. I represent vehicle storm bolters with Hasslefree's Lara Croft copies, ie girl with two big handguns.

I plan to have non-aug female Techs, Bikers, Landspeeders etc, as the gear and vehicles supply the strength and resilience, the operator can be as skinny and weedy as me!

By the same argument, my librarian is going to be a little old lady from Warmachine, think Frau Totenkinder from the Fables comicbooks. Those that think they're powerful have to show it off, those that KNOW they are...!

thats a good bit of fluff right there.

as for not wanting to spend money on two armys.... if you plan on making 20 marines... buy a pack of each, and convert them into each other and make one army... thats how alot of people did 13th company... a pack of bloodclaws here, and a pack of chaos there, bamo 20 wolves... hell thats all the 13th company packs where to begin with

updated:

did some work on the marines this weekend. warmed up by doing a few heads and reposing one of the normal marines. then i got to work on some assualt termies.

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs020.snc1/4534_1097922741038_1615731252_235937_8174217_n.jpg

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs020.snc1/4534_1097922781039_1615731252_235938_3555532_n.jpg

still needs a bit of work. not sure i like the faces yet, but i can sand down what i have if not. lol was a bit stoned when i made em, so we'll see if they stay long.

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v4534/125/35/1615731252/n1615731252_235939_580711.jpg

the termies all got some sort of special treatment, exept the first one pretty much. ether broken legs or arms for extensive repositioning. once its all good and dry itll all get the sandpaper treatement, and then ill use the files to add any missing detail.

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs020.snc1/4534_1097922501032_1615731252_235932_7853818_n.jpg

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs020.snc1/4534_1097922541033_1615731252_235933_7256311_n.jpg

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs020.snc1/4534_1097922581034_1615731252_235934_4490325_n.jpg

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs020.snc1/4534_1097922621035_1615731252_235935_7192064_n.jpg

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v4534/125/35/1615731252/n1615731252_235936_8183521.jpg

decided theyd all be recognizable enough with a bit of hair sticking out, and slight chestplate augmentation, so they arnt as bad as some of the others useto be. but im still doing test models for the enevitable horde to follow in the coming months XD if these work out, they'll all be fancy ass bolter babes someday. since i have monday off, ill likely do some real work on my fluff, now that i got more information to use, other then the default hum-drum from the codex.

i dont think its possible to argue this with him, hes preaty set on the fact that he wants boobs. (even though i think they would just take space in the gel layering that's used to absorb impact and maintain a good body temp.)

Yeah I'm going to go with everyone else here. They're wearing armor. There's no way you'd see their boobs. Boobs are flesh that would be easily flattened and pressed up against the chest by ceramite plating.

I also think you'd be better off using something else for heads. Your sculpts are...mmm...well intentioned, but...mmm...yeah. I'm sure I'd do much worse though!

That having been said...its your army man. Whatever makes you happy. The flipside is don't post pics here for critique and get pissed off when people say you're daft.

Archived