Is Chaos scary enough?

Maybe it's time that you guys stopped bashing GW and appreciate the fact that they're trying to make this game fun and not restricted by the fluff. And honestly, if you want to field the older lists, why not just ask your friend if you can, I'm sure they wouldn't mind if you had the Codex. I know I wouldn't. I just played a game against Space Wolves today and found myself having a great time watching my opponent struggle holding 105 dice in two hands and then rolling them! Old Codices haven't ceased existing, they are still viable to use if you want to play a game against a friend and get a blast from the past.

~David the Despoiler

And maybe its time GW started looking more at what its customers want, instead of what ever pops out of the head at the moment. They follow a path. The path is, "This has no place in 40k." "Now it does." "Now it doesn't" deamon armies anyone? I remember it directly from the mouths of the powers that be at the time, a statement to the effect of "Daemon armies have no place in 40k." Oh look what they just did?

As for your statement about fluff......Maybe the fluff IS the fun of the game for some people? Without it, we would be playing complicated chess.

Old Codices HAVE ceased to exist as you can no longer buy them, and are no longer legal in any official scene.

I think if this is the trend of the current codex, then GW should have to give me credit for my IW baslisk if I send it in to them. How would they credit me back all the time I spent converting it though? As a tyranid player as well, don't get me started but that isn't the subject here.

For me the fun IS gone with chaos because the fluff WAS the game for me. They ripped that from my Iron Warriors. No more baslisks, no more fielding squads of 3 6 or 9 to be fluffy and still get the weapons my squad is due. I guess for now, they will wait in the warp and I shall play my Sons of Russ who haven't had a codex in 9 YEARS!

No, he meant play old codexes in friendly terms. I agree with you, you left out the part that GW is in it for the money, not for the fun. If they were in it for that latter, we'd have old Rogue Trader like rules and have Space Marines that have Space Marine Fathers and Eldar Concubine mothers.

They are a business, of course they are in this to make money. The issue is they need to produce a product that everyone wants, and right now not to many want chaos. This should affect their profits in this area and determine when/how they do the next codex. If people go nuts buying everything new for chaos then the sales are fine and we get stuck with this codex for 9 years. Its the way the cookie crumbles.

Archived