Legio Tempestus Walks!

Algoroth

After reading Titanicus and Mechanicum, I decided my long-unpainted Reavers would be in Legio Tempestus colors. Our club is running a Superheavy Battle table at Games Day Toronto this year, and I wanted to add some Loyalist reinforcement to my Khorne Reaver. In progress:

http://www.ido-photography.ca/40k/temp1.jpg

If anybody knows of a reference to Tempestus heraldry, please share. I've scoured Mechanicum to no avail, and don't have a copy of Titanicus at the moment. I want to do banners and such, but can't really if I have nothing to put on them :rolleyes:

Lego Tempestus is the Lego seen most in the Epic 40K and Epic Apocalypse art. They have a deep green color scheme as seen on the Epric Warlord box set. Another source is the Warhammer monthly comic book story arc "Titan".

SJ

Lego Tempestus is the Lego seen most in the Epic 40K and Epic Apocalypse art. They have a deep green color scheme as seen on the Epric Warlord box set. Another source is the Warhammer monthly comic book story arc "Titan".

Do you have any page specific references to allow easy verification of that? I don't mean to appear confrontational, but I've seen threads about Tempestus on other forums where all the supposed sources turned out to be either non-existant or else referred to Tempestor.

SJ

You may be thinking of Legio Tempestor? Tempestus was described as having cobalt blue armor plates throughout Mechanicum. Tempestus is also the Legio already on Orestes before Invicta arrives to supply aid in Titanicus.

Sorry, I was thinking of Invictus, not Tempestus. Invictus is the Legio in the "Titan" comic storyline as well as in Titanicus, and has the deep green color scheme seen on the Epic 40k titan model sets. I was confussed.

SJ

Hey, it's OK. Sadly, that means I'm back where I started. I'm tempted to just use Tempestor heraldry. Their scheme before they turned traitor was very similar.

SJ

Lego? Where was Lego mentioned? ;)

I'd say they would have lightning around the armour, in reference to 'Storm'/'Tempest'.

Not sure about the Logo however. Check Bell Of Lost Souls for a transfer sheet. They do alot.

Actually, they only have Tempestor. Sorry B)

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry, I was thinking of Invictus, not Tempestus. Invictus is the Legio in the "Titan" comic storyline as well as in Titanicus, and has the deep green color scheme seen on the Epic 40k titan model sets. I was confussed.

SJ

Legio Invictus is red with gold trim.

SJ

Lego? Where was Lego mentioned? :)

I'd say they would have lightning around the armour, in reference to 'Storm'/'Tempest'.

Not sure about the Logo however. Check Bell Of Lost Souls for a transfer sheet. They do alot.

Actually, they only have Tempestor. Sorry ^_^

LOL It's the same logos, actually.

Just switch the Eye of Horus for the Imperial Eagle on the transfers where it appears.

It's the same Legio.

• 3 weeks later...

Not the same Legio, since Tempestor turned traitor, and Tempestus remained failthful to the Imperium. As it so happens, Dan Abnett was at GD Toronto, and I had an opportunity to speak to him on the subject of heraldry. His reply, after confirming he and Graham McNeil had collaborated on the Legio, was:

"We intentionally left that part blank, to make it easier to model."

So, there's officially no official heraldry :P

I had him autograph the carapaces of my Tempestus Reavers instead, I say that makes them very official :P

Nope. Elements of them were destroyed, including the first God Machine but some survived on different worlds.

Think of it like the Istvaan Loyalists - bought to within an inch of annihilation, but a few survived and rebuilt.

Whoa! The Legio Tempestus! I just read Mechanium, and love it!

--Spoiler Alert--

Didn't they get wiped out in the defence of Magma City though?

Only a small portion of Tempestus was on Mars at that time for retrofit/repair, the bulk of the Legio's strength was still out in the field. The fact that their Mars presence (and one can assume, their Mars HQ) was eliminated doubtless led to their re-locating to Orestes by the time we see them again in Titanicus.

• 2 weeks later...
what blue did you use for the colour? i have an armorcast reaver and 3warhounds and a seperate warhound i bought off ebay cast in resin off a chap and i have decieded to do tempestus as i love there character in the mechanicum book

I sprayed black, basecoated Necron Abyss, highlighted 1:1 Necron Abyss:Mordian Blue, painted the trim Chainmail, washed the entire beast Badab Black, re-highlighted the blue with the 1:1 mixture, and did a final highlight of Mordian Blue. Make sure to post pics, we'd all love to see the end result!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Not the same Legio, since Tempestor turned traitor, and Tempestus remained failthful to the Imperium. As it so happens, Dan Abnett was at GD Toronto, and I had an opportunity to speak to him on the subject of heraldry. His reply, after confirming he and Graham McNeil had collaborated on the Legio, was:

"We intentionally left that part blank, to make it easier to model."

So, there's officially no official heraldry :P

I had him autograph the carapaces of my Tempestus Reavers instead, I say that makes them very official :D

Actually, Tempestor's first mention that I can remember was Codex Armageddon, in the force disposition chart in the back of the Codex, which was printed in 2000, as a LOYALIST legio. Other than BOLS, I can't remember ever seeing Tempestor as a Chaos legion.

It appears at the moment the colors are the same. As both Legio are in fact named the Storm Lords; Legio Tempestor may be renegades of Tempestus that sided with the warmaster and Fabricator General. Its kinda in Limbo after the book.

I believe you have the final answer to the question.

• 2 weeks later...
Actually, Tempestor's first mention that I can remember was Codex Armageddon, in the force disposition chart in the back of the Codex, which was printed in 2000, as a LOYALIST legio. Other than BOLS, I can't remember ever seeing Tempestor as a Chaos legion.

Both Tempestor and Magna acquired their "Legio" names with Codex Armageddon wherein they were both loyalists, but both the Storm Lords and Flaming Skulls had previously been traitor titan legions in the original Codex Titanicus in 1989 (before titan legions had faux-latin names).

Archived