The Chapter List Project

A question on a few other books that might need to be considered.

The painting guides "How to Paint a Space Marine" and the huge Catalogues. I know there are a number of Golden Demon entries in the catalogue. Would this make them semi-official?

I also have a bunch of those sources, but I'll need to re-read a bunch of the IG novels.

Gunheads had some Ad Mech personnel that would qualify as power armour - Four individuals

Most of the Demon Winners are just that, Demon Winners and not official Chapters. There have been exceptions (like the Yellow Jackets). The only Chapters that I've found issue with are some in the back of the How to Paint Space Marines book (they also appeared in a similar WD article). Some of those are in actual fluff bits attached to battle reports and some aren't. Sons of Jaghati and the Helion Legion for example. For now I have those 4-5 Chapters in the list but if we decide there isn't enough to include them as official I see no issue in removing them.

Well like I said I have the majority of the novels and codexies and can start working through each for the details. First and foremost I just finished:

Emperor's Mercy by Henry Zou

In it is the Chapter the Stone Gauntlets. The only information given in the book is that their armor is described as "dusk-red" and that's it. The Chapter is only represented by a single envoy to the Imperial War Council and then he only appears once, early in the book to applaud the elderly Inquisitor's speach and later in the book to drop a couple words and that's it. No combat, no history, no nadda.

There's also a bit about a Chaos Space Marine Warband called the Blood Gorgons but... eh.

Let's add them to the list then. Cite what info we can. Now obviously you guys can't insert new posts into the existing thread in alphabetical order so just add new posts at the end for any new Chapters we come across.

Sigs: this was the original thread (as refrenced in the first post in this one):

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showtopic=92998

We've taken what we were given out of that. There is of course always the possiblity of new folks wanting to help but we'll have to watch it cause I know the first few response are gonna be someone just linking to Lexicanum.

Oracles of Change, Night Stalkers and The Cleaved datafiles done.

Could someone check pg. 128 5th Edition Rulebook for details on the Vaxhallian Genocide? I was wondering if there was any more info beside a date.

Kurgs, could you get the picture of The Cleaved in WD332 pg. 22?

Grey Knights Omnibus- Adeptus Templar. Doublecheck needed.

Death World- sgtNacho. Doublecheck needed.

Eldar Prophecy- The emperors chosen. Doublecheck needed.

Eisenhorn Omnibus- White Crusader. Doublecheck: Bigger than Jesus

Ravenor Omnibus- White Crusader. Doublecheck: Imperialis_Dominatus

First & Only- Ramell. Doublecheck needed.

Ghostmaker- Ramell. Doublecheck needed.

Necropolis- Ramell. Doublecheck needed.

Honour Guard- Ramell. Doublecheck needed.

The Guns of Tanith- Ramell. Doublecheck needed.

Straight Silver- Ramell. Doublecheck needed.

Sabbat Martyr- Ramell. Doublecheck needed.

WD 105 106 and 139- captain azilus.

Edited by Sigismund Himself

I'm a little over halfway through Salamanders by Nick Kyme and there was a bit of information on the Marines Malevolent that I'll post here.

Characters:

-Techmarine Harkane

-Veteran Sergeant Lorkar

-Battle Brother Nemiok

-Captain Vinyar

Company:

-Unknown...

Strike Cruiser:

-Purgatory

Descriptions:

The Veteran Marines of Sergeant Lorkar's squad are described as all wearing very worn and battered gear. Their armor entirely MK VI Corvus pattern. Their bolters archaic but no design name is given, they are described as having full wooden stocks and drum magazines. Lorkar's veteran status is described as being indicated by hazard chevrons but no location for them is given with the Sergeant but later Captain Vinyar is described as having the chevrons on his Pauldrons aka Shoulder Pads.

Techmarine Harkane is not really described, however he is directing a jury rigged Thunderfire Canon like aparatus. A mobile weapon platform on rubberised tracks, armed with a pair of twin-linked autocannons with a modified belt feed. It's design is apparently post-Heresy but pre-Age of Apostasy. The weapons system is described as bearing hallmarks of a "Tarantula-cum-Rapier-variant" and the weapons have apparently not been used by the Astartes in either form for "many millenia" though that doesn't really give a good indication of exact date.

Captain Vinyar is described as waring a cloak of Black Ermine, armor similar to the Veterans, with the hazard chevrons on his shoulder pads and with a Power Fist on his left arm. However the Power Fists fingers had fused solid preventing the Fist from opening.

In Vinyar's throne room there are also Terminator Armored marines, though the Marines Malevolent Terminators are described as wearing "an ersatz variant of the Modern Tactical Dreadnaught Armor. It was bulky with raised pauldrons surmounting a sunken, box shaped battle-helm that had a rudimentary mouth-grille. The armor was much less refined with restricted dexterity, though it carried a fairly standard weapons array consisting of a power-glove, but with a twin-linked combi-bolter in lieu of the more usual storm bolter."

The Situation for Inclusion:

The Salamanders run into the squad of Marines Malevolent while searching the mostly derelict Mechanicus Forge Ship the "Archimedes Rex." Their motivations are at first unclear but eventually the Salamanders discover that the Marines Malevolent are actually after a large cache of weapons and armor aboard the derelict ship. Upon finding the cache the Marines Malevolent begin to prepare it for teleportation to their ship the "Purgatory" but the Salamanders accuse the Marines Malevolent of being pirates and order them to turn the cache over to the Mechanicus. Frustrated Sergeant Lorkar teleports Sergeants Dak'ir, Tsu'gan and Librarian Pyriel aboard the "Purgatory" to meet with Captain Vinyar. However in the end the Salamander's Strike Cruiser the "Vulkan's Wrath" forces the Marines Malevolent to flee with barely a fraction of the cache's supplies and turn the ship over to the Salamanders.

The Throne Room in which the Salamanders meet Vinyar is described as having hundreds of Campaign banners all with matching trophies taken from each Campaign, including xenos skulls and traitor marine helmets as well as what's described as:

"a battle-helm that did not bear any Chaotic hallmarks he could discern, though it sparked a pang of remembrance in him... but it appeared to be stygian black with a bony protrusion punching through the apex of the helmet like a crest."

The battle-helm may be from a Black Dragons marine, who are known for growing bony protrusions due to a defect in the Chapter's gene-seed and rather than removing these the Chapter sheaths them in adamantium and uses them as Combat Blades, a practice that could easily be seen as rampant mutation and cause open warfare with another Chapter. But it's not entirely clear if that is the case, it just seems like the most logical conclusion.

That combined with the material from the Armageddon web page should provide for a decently flushed out few pages on the Chapter. I could probably put something more... pretty and organised looking in short order later this week if anyone would like.

There is also a lot of material on the Salamanders of course, I am book marking the book whenever I come across names and things like that so I can easily find them later when it's time to edit the information into the Salamanders Comp. History.

Lastly there is a decent ammount of information on the Flesh Tearers and I've been considering writing up a Comp History for them next to get back in the swing of writing without diving into a much more intense project like an article on the Ultramarines or trying to revive my still unfinished article on the Dark Angels.

EDIT:

There's also this from brother Romulas taken from "Space Marine":

Scouts find a tortured marine from the Blood Drinkers, Marine Lieutenant Tezla. the Lt was found with arms and legs amputated and he was stuck in a pot of lead. had icons of Chaos inscribed on his armour and face. Tezla informs them of active titans on world. 6 warlord class and one emperor titan. Lt survived by using Sus-an membrane to induce hibernation.

That's one of the few pieces of information on the Blood Drinkers.

Edited by Vash113

Could someone check pg. 128 5th Edition Rulebook for details on the Vaxhallian Genocide? I was wondering if there was any more info beside a date.

926.M41 The Vaxhallian genocides. In less than a month, Chaos renegades, known as the Purge, slaughter fourteen billion Imperial citizens.

Alright I put up a datafile article for the Marines Malevolent and I think I got everything in there except for one reference I'm not so sure about, sent a PM to Kurgan about it.

Yea lots of Chapters with one or two lines of material. Right now I'm busy poring over Salamanders and the Space Hulk novela jotting down names, locations and other factoids and believe me there are TONS! When I get up to date I might look into doing another minor Chapter like the Celestial Lions or the Raptors or something or I might give a shot at another full Comp History, it depends on my mood and if I don't strangle my councilors at NOVA, ugh.

• 4 weeks later...
Well, it's mostly just references for those that wish to read up further on the mentioned bits of history, so I don't think it necessarily needs to be in order. Especially if it's a stub. If people want it to be in chronological order, they can edit it :huh:

If you think that will work then we can try it.

That said a few things will need to be noted on them:

- Obviously that it's place holder information and if someone wants to format it to article style they can do so and should contact a Lexicanum/Codicier for more info.

- The "Big 5" and maybe the Chaos Legions should have a thread posted in their respective forums, linking back to the stub asking for assitance in formating the articles. These will be the biggest hurdles because of the sheer size of the files already (7 pages for the UMs).

Remember we don't have to rush this. Slow and proper is better than fast and winding up like Lexicanum (full of mistakes).

The Ultramarines are a daunting task indeed and I've been avoiding starting work on an Ultramarines Comp History because of that, GW uses the Ultramarines almost every time they need marines to do anything and there are squillions of minor references, pictures and footnotes about the Ultras everywhere, just gathering all their names is a huge project.

Anyway I'm putting the finishing touches on updates to the Salamanders and Space Wolves articles and I just finished reading Cadian Blood in which there are some significant mentions of the Raven Guard and Death Guard. I'll be sifting through it again for specifics and page numbers later today and should have the Raven Guard article updated shortly and the Death Guard info posted as well. There's also one small reference to a Thousand Sons Marine in Cadian Blood, but I'm not sure it's worth bothering to list, it's just a Guardsman Lieutenant seeing the marine come into sight in a nightmare flash back and realising it's a Thousand Sons Rubric Marine.