Return of the Primarchs

ForTheLion

How he could survive decapitation: -

1) The Iron Hands give him a new robot head.

2) He has a detachable head, much the same as Kryten from Red Dwarf; as a result he has 'other' replacements.

3) There is a tiny secondary head that lives under his left shoulder armour. With the removal of the first 'main' head the secondary head begins a shift towards the neck region, along with the process of growth.

4) He needs no head to function as a Primarch.

5) There is some Guilliman similarity where hs is put in to stasis to grow a new head.

6) Ferrus Manus was not the being we know. The form 'killed' by Fulgrim was a remote controlled unit operated by the Ferrus Manus we have not yet been introduced to.

Pff, if Alpharius can not only be retconned back to life, but even exists twice now instead, then there is no reason why every other Primarch couldn't be retconned back to life as well. For example, Ferrus Manus had allegedly wrestled with a C'tan which somehow got fused to his hands, so maybe he has traits of those star gods and cannot actually physically die. Sanguinius will simply be resurected by the Emperor, like jeebus, and it will be revealed that it was atcually a clone of Horus that was killed by the Emperor, and Fabius Bile had the real one hidden away somewhere.

If Sanguinius is resurrected/reborn, what would happen to Death Company? Life Company does'nt have the same ring to it, more like a bunch of armour clad insurance salesmarines...

Return of Ferrus would see the Iron Hands become Iron Heads, Imperial Fists to become the Imperial Stumps and if the Lion awakes, then no wonder the DA are having such a difficult time finding the Fallen....

Lion (rising from his slumber) Hmmmmnaaaaarrrgh, ah, what time is it?

Azreal (stunned, stammering): My..my lord? You've been here the whole time? Knew that purring sound was'nt a faulty warp engine....

• 2 months later...

BUMP!

I think for the moment GW is content to let us argue over which Primarch is dead etc. Until we get some rumour from a GW employee or ADB and/or the other writers, it could be any number of possibilities.

I'd much like to see GW going with the return of 1 Primarch to test the waters and see the reaction they'd get with bringing them back. The one I think is most likely to come back is Vulkan. Considering you have Vulkan He'stan looking for Artefacts of Vulkan and the Salamanders have 5 out of the 9 but it's said the Tome of Fire is hard to figure out.

Dorn: Warp gate opens and 20 Chaos Space Marines get flung out, torn limb from limb. Dorn then turns to Lysander, "WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME AND TAKE MY HAND!!!!!"

Russ: Emerges form the Eye of Terror with chicks all around him and 100 beer bottles at his feet. "I was gone that long?"

Guilliman: Wakes up/ gives Matt Ward a hug

Lionel Johnson: First words out of his mouth, "Angst, angst, angst, angst...." :D

I don't see them bringing the primarchs back, it would unbalance the game for a start. Every faction would need some sort of uber death machine warrior (or several even) and everyone and their grandma would take them in their army lists, making them compulsory for any type of competitive play.

From a fluff perspective, lets take a look at all the loyalist primarchs;

Lion Angst'Johnson - Comatose/sleeping, the source is ambiguous enough for this to be cryo-sleep or even a stasis field, allowing him to hold on to the vestiges of life he has.

Jaghengis Khan - Either stuck in the webway or being held by the dark eldar. Either way, I bet he's wishing he stayed at home because there is no way he is getting back to realspace alive.

Wolfy - Some sort of psychic call or moment of madness sends him off into the cosmos, either alone or with a relative handful of marines. His armour is discovered, but not his remains. Wherever he is, he is fighting naked.

Dawn (because he is a big girls' blouse, get it?) - dies in a black crusade, not like "we found his hand, that's a vital organ" dead, I mean "our entire boarding party just got disembowled and eaten" dead.

Sanguiniless - Left a psychic imprint on his genetic children when he DIED at the hands of Horus. In fact it was this psychic DEATH scream that inflicts the black rage on his children, who wear DEATH masks a lot and call themselves the DEATH company. His DEAD body was taken back to baal where it decomposed or burned or was eaten or bled or whatever, either way, he is not coming back.

Ferrus Head-us - Decapitation is a pretty sure fire way of ensuring someone is dead. Unless he has a spare brain, spinal chord, skull and facial structure lying around close by and the ability to swiftly reattach it, he is dead as they come.

Gillyman- In a stasis field at the moment of death. Can't come back because if you break the stasis field, he will breath his final breath before you can save him.

Vulkan - Disappeared, there is credence to the theory he will return (more so than the others at least) as so little is known about him or his disappearance. I think he's taking a career break to focus on his art.

Corax - Headed toward the eye of terror with a crazy look in his eyes quoting millennia old cliche's and acting a little bit more like a douche than a primarch. For someone who is essentially a traitor killing machine, he isn't half a whiner. If he returns he will be possessed or better yet, a nice adornment for someones' trophy spikes.

Paradill

Yeh Dorn is definetly dead. His skeleton is kept in a big lump of amber in an IF chapel. I think Sanguinis is preserved cause his body is in a coffin of liquid gold, just because the blood angels can.

So really, all of the Primarchs have disappeared or are dead BUT all the dead ones are perfectly preserved apart from Horus, Ferrus Manus and Curze.

Possibly not Dorn though because he is just a skeleton :P

I think that if GW wants to move the story along all they have to do is realise one of the traitor primarch from the warp. Magnus has hording wisdom for 10.000 years hand raided the Space Wolfs at least on time. Thats it.

Mortarion has done nothing.

Petruabo as far as I know has only bulit a superfort that no-one will ever breach.

DaemonFulgrim has slain Gulliman and then it seems he simply went to a plesureplanet to live out his days in a decadent manner.

Alpha and Omega is proberly kicking around in one Alpha Legion cell or another.

Lorgrar... Benn looked up in prayer for 10.000 years if memory serves.

The only one that took the fight to the Imperium in recent years is of course Angron. The regin of blood and first war of Armagedon.

I would say that at least Mortaion, Petruabo and Lograr is bored to tears and would love the chans to kick som loyalistbum.

Think that the loyalist been coverd pretty nicley.

Mortarion has done nothing.

He had his ass kicked by Draigo. :P

....and killed previous Supreme Grand Master of the Grey Knights?

Ah, from the new Grey Knights codex I pressume? Will get around to read it someday. :D

i think the big e is returning the golden throne is failing but why they say they carnt work it out or repair it so i think its faillingbecause its detecting lifes signals or interference from big e.the primarch returns could happen not all some are dead but this is fantasy so who knows.it would be good for story and games making intresting apocalypse games and throw up some good emotions.would the blood angels resent salamanders for their primarch returning and not theirs .who would go rouge and not accept the changes .in games terms the primarchs would be like a greater deamon or slightly above with all the forge world big stuff they would get a match.i see them as apocalypse game like baneblade .i say bring on the end times the return of a few heroes and villians the final desprate clash .like the lord of the rings when they ride out to confront sauron.one last thought if horus came back how would abbadon react he has power would he let it go?

I don't see them bringing the primarchs back, it would unbalance the game for a start. Every faction would need some sort of uber death machine warrior (or several even) and everyone and their grandma would take them in their army lists, making them compulsory for any type of competitive play.

They don't need to get statistics and models. Just being there moves the setting along.

And also other races have their big mofos. Chaos has their own Primarchs and greater daemons/gods. Eldar have the Laughing God and that new death-god-entity to be born. Necrons have C'tan (just boost them to primarch/Emperor level, saying that 'they are coming back to full force). Tyranids can _grow_ themselves any primarch. And Tau... Who cares about them anyway? :D

Gillyman- In a stasis field at the moment of death. Can't come back because if you break the stasis field, he will breath his final breath before you can save him.

I thought it was written in a previous codex that his wound seems to be slowly healing? 2nd/3rd ed maybe?

They don't need to get statistics and models. Just being there moves the setting along.

And also other races have their big mofos. Chaos has their own Primarchs and greater daemons/gods. Eldar have the Laughing God and that new death-god-entity to be born. Necrons have C'tan (just boost them to primarch/Emperor level, saying that 'they are coming back to full force). Tyranids can _grow_ themselves any primarch. And Tau... Who cares about them anyway? :D

Or they could make them Apocalypse only which would be kinda cool.

Some of the primarchs are described as being twice the size of a normal human, so presumably the could be small Monstrous Creatures :)

I thought it was written in a previous codex that his wound seems to be slowly healing? 2nd/3rd ed maybe?

It's stated that some of the pilgrims that walk past his body think that his wounds seem to be healing, but they wouldn't be able to tell, as seeing the body of a Primarch is a once-in-a-lifetime-and-several-of-your-ancestors-long-pilgrimage kind of thing. They don't have anything to compare it to.

I can just imagine Russ when he gets back!

Russ: "Well, I've looked for ages for this metaphorical tree, and I can't find it anywhere!"

Njal Stormcaller: "My lord, you DO know what 'Metaphorical' means, don't you?"

Russ: "Well, I....erm....that is to say....it has fruit on it?"

Njal: :) "Yeah, why not....."

Archived