Dark Angels StrikeForce

bevulf

Ok guys below is my take on Chaplain Seraphicus:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x240/bevulf/01chap.jpg

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x240/bevulf/02chap.jpg

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x240/bevulf/03chap.jpg

Seraphicus leading some of the Unforgiven:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x240/bevulf/03chapall.jpg

Where were I ? Ah yes!, the Librarian...

Absolutely amazing work.... looks fabulous with the attached squad.... One thing though.... the more I look at Seraphicus the more I am convinced that robes and cloaks do not mixed.... I think the interrogator Chaplain would have been even more dynamic had he not had a cloak....

But that doesn't detract from the usual stupendous quality of your painting!!! :(

SG

:o

This is very inspiring stuff bevulf - and you're pretty fast at it too! In fact you manage to make Seraphicus more gritty and evil-looking than the GW version... :tu:

Say, I think I've asked you before, what's the background? I really want to up the quality of my pictures and put some decent background and yours looks ideal...

Gorgeous work. This was my first time checking this thread and I ended up looking at 7 pages of it. I would have scoured every photo if I didn't have stuff I need to do away from the computer. I can't wait to go back and check more of your work!

You know, the talent on display in this forum is causing me to run out of adjectives! Seraphicus looks brilliant bevulf, particularly the muted reds. Like a velvet rope protecting something precious.

Awesome sauce. Seraphicus is outstanding and his banner and robe lining's decorative border should win some kind of prize *hands over five Internetz cookies to bevulf*, there.

Cheers

I

Oh come on... You can do better.

:D

Just kidding! He looks fantastic and all of your stuff is fitting together so well, the color balancing between the units is awesome, the pieces of your army just seem to flow together despite being three different "main" colors. Awesome work, bevulf! Nothing negative to say or suggestions to offer, except that now you're going to have to start making your weapons have OSL or something. ;) They are just awesome and you are so good at blending paints I bet yours would turn out very nice.

What color did you use to edge highlight the black armor?

Words fail me, just stunned by the quality of work you've done. Thank you for posting, this is a real inspiration to those of us looking to improve. Would you be able to share any tips on how you've done the freehand on the banners?

@Zepyrous/xnickbaranx/Cactus/EPK - I know that I am repeating myself now but thank you for your kind words - I appreciate the fact that you find inspiration here - it is the greatest reward for me if I can say that...

@The Shadow Guard - I know what you mean - I too dislike cloaks - when I first saw Seraphicus I didn't like him. I thought that the cloak was an unnecessary addition. Only after receiving him I changed my mind. I also didn't like the purple inner painting of his cloak so I changed mine to bone colour.

@Bryan - I have never painted OSL so I don't know if I would be able to do so. Maybe I will try painitng this way in the future but no plans for now. The edges of the armour were painted in two stpes. First highlight of mix of Astronomicon Grey/Chaos Black in ratio 1:1. Second highlight of pure Astronomicon Grey.

@Isiah - cookies are delicious thank you :P

@Stobz - please take as many as you wish - they are truly yummy ;)

@Louis - I have all Dark Angels codexes that were ever released (starting from the 2nd edition), as well as other space marine books in which I seek patterns/appropiate insignia etc. for my banners. When I decide on the whole look of the banner I paint first the guide lines on the banner to see if image fits on the whole surface. Then I carefully paint all the details starting from the parts that are the biggest (in case of Seraphicus it was: green angel/bone parts/sword/wings/parchment) You need very small brushes for this :tu:

Don't take this the worng way, but you are a complete git! :P

I take tree times as long to produce a miniature not even half as good!! :tu:

Out of interest, how do you do your bases? That's an area I haven't really got into doing before now and I'd like to start learning.

bevulf: I'm really loving your take on that model and as honoured brother Isiah said, the added freehand on the robes really gives him a little extra visual sparkle. I'm really digging the muted tones you've used throughout the army - really beautiful. +1!

Thank you guys !

@LokisSword - I am not quite sure of which freehand on the robes you are speaking of - in fact there is none - those are already sculpted on the robes - the only freehand I added is on the banner

Archived