The Scythes of the Emperor : A Factual History

The Scythes

"scythes", great find on those transfer sheets. I had already found the Bells of lost souls transfer. I await your single scythe transfer sheet.

Falces, i like your idea about the modeling "field repairs". I also wished to model the army as it was in constant battle. I was thinking about taking trophies from hard kills, but would like to come up with different ideas to model it. I was thinking like claws from genestealers, maybe knives made from the chitin. I am still in the idea phase though.

"Scythes" has a picture of a rhino that tells a story of a hard battle. Its access ramp is riddled with brass casings and the interior has blood and tyranid flesh hooks on the floor board. I like this idea alot and may incorate it into my army's vehicles.

I have my army based aboard the strike cruiser "Scythe of Vengence". I am still working out the brainstorming of ideas and make up of crew. I will post more this weekend.

I have my army based aboard the strike cruiser "Scythe of Vengence". I am still working out the brainstorming of ideas and make up of crew. I will post more this weekend.

Good to hear, post a link in this history thread to your Hobby Blog or WiP topic when you've posted your work :unsure:

In the mean time folks, any further queries just PM myself or FalcesImperatoris.

Any announcements about the updated Report will be made here naturally, also new content on www.the-scythes.com which would be handy for any collector, will be noted here too.

cheers!

- Seb.

Falces, on the quad bike, where did you get the equipment bits from? I am trying to track down those bits and am having a hard time finding them. Could you tell me which box sets they came from?

They are from a variety of places.

- Plastic attack bike

- Plastic Scout bike

- Regular Plastic scouts

- And the metal bits are from the old Dark Angles Ravenwing bike gear. I bought them from GW bits order a couple of years ago (and just before they did the plastic Ravenwing bikes). I dont think you can get them anymore. You should be able to make do with extra scout bike bits though, and maybe mix in some Imperial guardsman gear. (like the backpacks from the heavy weapons teams.) I think the shovel (above the exhausts at the back) came from a guardsmen heavy weapons team.

Falces, i was going through the info on the giant's coffin and noticed that you are 10 tactical marines short in your list. I believe you missed the entry with the captain in landraider. Just thought i would let you know. Anything new in your army? Been watching your uk thread and you haven't posted anything.

I have been brainstorming for ideas on my fluff. But looking into all info on a strike criuser and battlebarge. There are alot of problems. I was thinking of going with a Devastator strike criuser variant, but a strike criuser is very limited in being able to support the survivors without some kind of support. I am trying to coenside my fluff with your own and "Scythes" fluff. The Scythes chapter can only have up to 2 or 3 battle barges. I'm thinking 2 at most. So i'm limited to a strike criuser, but can't find any GW cannon fluff to support the idea of it being able to support the survivors. Then i remember what you said about battlestar galatica. But would the battlestar be compared to a battle barge and not a strike criuser?

Falces, i was going through the info on the giant's coffin and noticed that you are 10 tactical marines short in your list. I believe you missed the entry with the captain in landraider. Just thought i would let you know. Anything new in your army? Been watching your uk thread and you haven't posted anything.

I have been brainstorming for ideas on my fluff. But looking into all info on a strike criuser and battlebarge. There are alot of problems. I was thinking of going with a Devastator strike criuser variant, but a strike criuser is very limited in being able to support the survivors without some kind of support. I am trying to coenside my fluff with your own and "Scythes" fluff. The Scythes chapter can only have up to 2 or 3 battle barges. I'm thinking 2 at most. So i'm limited to a strike criuser, but can't find any GW cannon fluff to support the idea of it being able to support the survivors. Then i remember what you said about battlestar galatica. But would the battlestar be compared to a battle barge and not a strike criuser?

OK - I will take another look at the tactical numbers in the background next time we look to update it.

I haven't been doing much on my scythes recently as I have been working on other odd projects for a little tounament coming up. It might be a few months before I get back to them - but don't worry I will get back to them. I expect this project to last years at the rate I am going...

As to spaceship idea - you can use a Strike cruiser if you like.

They could always just acquire (beg/borrow/steal) what they need on their travels.

Or to use the 'Battlestar Galactica' TV show idea idea - keep it as a strike cruiser but have a small rag-tag fleet of other Imperial and civilian ships (surviviros from Hive Fleet Kraken) who travel along with them for protection.

If you have a small fuel processing ship and a mechanicum ship capably of producing supplies of ammunication you are all set. :woot:

But ultimately do whatever you think will be cool - there is no right and wrong in this, so long as you enjoy your army at the end of the day.