= 1,000 Chapter Gallery Project =

Philip S

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been a while, but with my new duties of responsibility in the LIBER I have some new additions for the Gallery (heraldries have been posted by me in the threads very recently if you wish to nab them). :biggrin.:

1. The Depthwatch from Messor
  2. Dusk Falcons (the old colour scheme is one of mine and can be removed or renamed to Dusk Hawks) from Timberley

There'll be more once I see a few more colour schemes to add symbols to. :biggrin.:

Cambrius

Edited by Brother Cambrius

• 2 months later...

Adjudicators and Depthwatch added. 1,104 chapters (295 Canon, 380 DIY, and  429 MIA - claim those MIAs! The Imperium needs you!!!)

@ Brother Tyler, @ Brother Cambrius - thanks to both of you. You have consistently supported this project over the years, and in recognition of your endeavours I've added you both to the Honour Roll for your general awesomeness :) If you would like custom links please let me know (I did not include 'B&C profile links' as they can only be seen by those logged in, but I can add them if you wish)

@ Bruce Malcom - have you finished your IA?

Adjudicators and Depthwatch added. 1,104 chapters (295 Canon, 380 DIY, and  429 MIA - claim those MIAs! The Imperium needs you!!!)

@ Brother Tyler, @ Brother Cambrius - thanks to both of you. You have consistently supported this project over the years, and in recognition of your endeavours I've added you both to the Honour Roll for your general awesomeness :) If you would like custom links please let me know (I did not include 'B&C profile links' as they can only be seen by those logged in, but I can add them if you wish)

@ Bruce Malcom - have you finished your IA?

Oh my Emperor! I forgot about it! Here, I'll do it tomorrow, when I have access to a computer, so it will be actually well put together.

@Philip S Upgraded my Index Astartes. 

I found;

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/354726-the-banished-brigade/

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/355195-index-astartes-banished-brigade/

Neither are formatted, do you have another link that I have missed?

Do you need help figuring it out the codes?

@Philip S Upgraded my Index Astartes.

I found;

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/354726-the-banished-brigade/

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/355195-index-astartes-banished-brigade/

Neither are formatted, do you have another link that I have missed?

I was a bit confused that the post didn't look anything like the template, considering it originated from there...yes, help would be great.

I was a bit confused that the post didn't look anything like the template, considering it originated from there...yes, help would be great.

First you need the BB Code guide: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/304061-bbcode-guide/

This gives you all the tools you need. for example;

Basic header text in a black box

You can find the above code by hit quote, or use copy and past this for each header in your IA;

[basicheader=000]Basic header text in a black box[/basicheader]

If you are not comfortable with code, I can go into more detail?

First you need the BB Code guide: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/304061-bbcode-guide/

This gives you all the tools you need. for example;

Basic header text in a black box

You can find the above code by hit quote, or use copy and past this for each header in your IA;

[basicheader=000]Basic header text in a black box[/basicheader]
If you are not comfortable with code, I can go into more detail?

I...should be fine. Hopefully I can get this sorted out soon...

• 3 months later...

Hello all,

I'm going to separate out the 1000 chapter gallery from my main website, put it onto another separate website dedicated to the gallery, and update the gallery software. While I'm working through the links, I notice a few DIY chapters have disappeared from the web!

Edit [2020-01-29] 119 DIY chapters lost - a blood bath for the Imperium! After processing all the chapters; the following are changing from DIY to MIA.

1. angles of hate
  2. angels of remission
  3. annihilators
  4. archons of vaan
  5. astral ravens
  6. aurora knights
  7. avenging lions
  8. azure talons
  9. bane knights
  10. bane marines
  11. battle griffons
  12. black anvils
  13. black gorgons
  14. black panthers
  15. black pharaohs
  16. blades of deliverance
  17. blades of duty
  18. blood seekers
  19. brethren of quirinus
  20. bronze templars
  21. brotherhood of baal
  22. brothers of karnos
  23. brothers sempiternus
  24. burning blades
  25. calibanite lions
  26. constrictors
  27. crimson guardians
  28. crimson justicars
  29. crimson kestrels
  30. crimson templars
  31. dark scorpions
  32. death jackals
  33. delphic order
  34. devestation angels
  35. divine death
  36. dragons of gaea
  37. echidna bane
  38. emerald knights
  39. empyrean dragons
  40. falcon brothers
  41. falcon warriors
  42. falcons immortal
  43. ghost falcons
  44. green knights
  45. grey hawks
  46. guardians of paralios
  47. harbringers of fire
  48. haunters
  49. heralds of dawn
  50. hierophants
  51. hounds of wrath
  52. imperial claws
  53. imperial monarchs
  54. imperial rampart
  55. interdictors
  56. jade helms
  57. jade lancers
  58. jade scorpions
  59. knights of the crimson lily
  60. legio canum
  61. legio victrix
  62. maledictors
  63. megamarines
  64. midnight angels
  65. night griffons
  66. oasis sons
  67. obsidian blades
  68. obsidian guard
  69. paladins of puccinia
  70. pegasus guard
  71. phoenix knights
  72. pious templars
  73. pit vipers
  74. praefects of heliophon
  75. praetorian fists
  76. priory of dorn
  77. prodigal sons
  78. punishing angels
  79. purified ravens
  80. quantum chevrons
  81. quark hunters
  82. radiant flight
  83. red rams
  84. red scars
  85. ring guard
  86. screaming spears
  87. shadow dragons
  88. shadow lords
  89. shadow reapers
  90. silver scorpions
  91. silver serpents
  92. sons of alba
  93. sons of mars
  94. spectres of war
  95. star foxes
  96. star knights
  97. star tyrants
  98. steel gauntlets
  99. steel hunters
  100. swords of cygnus
  101. thousands swords
  102. thunder birds
  103. tyrian prophets
  104. ultrians
  105. ursa brothers
  106. ursamarine
  107. varangian guard
  108. vilificators
  109. vociferators
  110. void templars
  111. war axes
  112. war sovereigns
  113. warlords
  114. warriors eternal
  115. warseers
  116. white crusaders
  117. white lily knights
  118. white lions
  119. yellow dragons

I tried to recover them from Internet Archive., but no dice. They are gone. One was hosted on google's Picasa service which google retired. So even big hosts are not safe.

I suspect there are a lot more that have disappeared, and as time goes on, even more, will disappear. Ideas lost forever. I also wondered about B&C or Lexicanum disappearing!

How should I protect against this loss?

At first, I thought I'd used the internet archive (wayback machine) and grab them all before they disappear. However, that takes away the direct links to B&C and Lexicanum, which drives a little traffic to support them. Also, the wayback machine is also very slow, see how long this link fires up for you: Accipiters.

Should I use continue to use the live links to B&C and Lexicanum, and make a corresponding backup text list of all the chapters' wayback machine snapshots, and make sure there are snapshots of all chapter pages in the wayback machine?

Or should I swap to the wayback machine now, as I do not know when a links will break?

I think I'll have to create a backup list either way, after all, one day the way back machine will disappear. Perhaps I should get a hard drive and download everything and back it up locally on my machine, and if everything goes down, I can post it all on my website?

What are your thoughts?

Edited by Philip S

Thank you Brother Tyler,

At the moment, as I'm transferring to the new site, I'm creating backups of all working links using the wayback machine. I'm also going to take your advice, and I'll create a local backup by downloading all the pages. This way I can re-create pages if Lex or B&C come to an end.

I cannot stand the idea of all these ideas disappearing. It reminds me of the ol' Anargo sector project, and when that disappeared so many good ideas went with it. All that is left is the original proboard forum, which has a wealth of information, but one day even that will disappear :sad.:

I would welcome the opportunity to further collaborate with B&C, as B&C is the core source of the DIY chapters. I love the idea of a more permanent IA section, where chapters have to be approved by members of B&C, our very own Chapter Approved.

Using the downloads sounds interesting. You'd end up with hundreds of IA, and that might drown out the other content so we'll need a new category: "DIY Index Astartes" or some such.

So, we'll end up with an IA section, our 'Chapter Approved', showing off the chapters in the standard B&C format, which has a link to the PDF download section.

I've added the resource links you supplied to the first page of this thread, under DIY submissions, and I'll add them to the new home page too :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

I've thumbed (moused?) through this thread a couple times and believe my Chapter is almost ready to join the ranks. I've got artwork just about finished up and their main background/lore is starting to come together.

Aside from that this is a very cool project and thread. Thanks for the work you do!

Philip I presume the Primaris Painter never got completed then.
I've got a PSD that could be the start of one. When they first dropped the forum talked about it, but it never came together.

I'd love to contribute to your master work.

This was were we left it.

gallery_13104_13240_75287.png

gallery_13104_13240_34383.png

Edited by mel_danes