= 1,000 Chapter Gallery Project =

Philip S

Hey I am trying to fill in data for missing fluff around a canon Chapter. I have created a back story to the Patriarchs of Ulixis in addition to a color scheme and Chapter Icon. I am not too good with computers, but I am going to try to get it to work with paint or that other free version of adobe you mentioned. I started a blog on the Patriarchs of Ulixis if you would like to check it out.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...326#comment3423

Thanks for your time.

@ Shadey - very nice. I need a chapter symbol before they can be added.

@ Brother Sergeant Tabris - The Patriarchs of Ulixis are a canon chapter - all canon chapters have their official colour schemes, where there is no colour scheme a blank is used. Currently the Patriarchs of Ulixis are represented with a blank.

A lot of fans have made unofficial backgrounds for undeveloped chapters named by GW (I did it with the Rainbow Warriors and Space Sharks - but the gallery does not link to these fan fic interpretation of mine). At a later date I may look into adding secondary links so all this creativity by fans is brought to light.

Philip

Oh my, aren't we getting pretty close to the 1,000 mark? I know that some Chapters will be cut to make room for more developed ones, but isn't that something to start being concerned about?

Yes.

I am thinking of having two lists: one with Canon, DIY, and MIA (as it is now) and a more accurate one with Canon and DIY only (no MIA).

Currently there are 482 MIA - but these are most likely from somewhere, and once we hit 1,000 these MIA chapters may be identified once the word is out.

This could mean there will be an imbalance, with one list way over 1,000, and the other way under.

We''l see how it goes, and any suggestions are welcome :rolleyes:

Philip

Here is my chapter IA :P

I need a v5 painter version armed with a bolter.

I noticed your logo - it would look better on the shoulder if it were reversed, so when applied we can see the eagles head and claws (otherwise we will only see wing tips).

Philip

Hrm, if you were to cut out the DIY's from the list, wouldn't it be practically gutted?

Yes it would - but I was not thinking of removing the DIYs only the MIAs :D (and it would only be one list, the other would include the MIAs).

You can already isolate the canon chapters.

Philip

If you're still adding Chapters, I've switched my previous efforst from the Invictors to the pure DIY Vengeance Hawks.

One note - I've used the Raven Guard badge, but the real badge I'll be using is the same as the Mentors/Raptors (all white).

I've kicked it upstairs to Dazzo, and he's sorted out the symbol. I'll post it when the update is done (one more of the batch to do).

EDIT: Updated. Now 973!

Some images for IA's.

Vengeance Hawks

gallery_25512_4096_26577.jpg

Saviours

gallery_25512_4096_70857.jpg

Star Lords

gallery_25512_4096_52790.jpg

Philip

Edited by Philip S

Brother Tubal's Warp Jackals looked promising once:

http://www.angelfire.com/hero/crusade/

CHAPTER KNOWLEDGE BASE:

Marines:

Chapter Master Urelis

Captain Erasm

Brother Tubal - serving in the Legio B&C

Brother Jubal

Brother Tubilak

Fallen Marines:

Kekmeses of the Twilight - Red Corsairs, formerly of the Warp Jackals Chapter.

Some info about Kekmeses and possibly The Warp Jackals, can be found by searching the B&C; though some of this info may be about to expire as the database is cleaned out.

Here is some more info on them

The colour scheme for the Warp Jackals is Scaly Green with Black shoulder pads, a white symbol and a scaly green rim.

I made this image for Tubal many years ago.

http://www.codexguardianangels.com/images/warp_jackals_pad_small.jpg

His own version can be found here.

Slight variation on the scheme here.

Possibly, officers may have green and gold shoulder pads.

Note that these may be different Warp Jackals though, as I believe Tubal is from Sweden, while PlooschcK is from Poland.

They seem pretty similar though and could possibly be combined in an Index Astartes.

Here is my take on their Colour Scheme:

http://www.codexguardianangels.com/temp_material/Warp-Jackal.jpg

Edited by Chaptermaster Graymantle

@ Chaptermaster Graymantle - I need a v5 painter version armed with a bolter (and the chapter symbol applied as you have done above).

I also need a link showing the marines (IA or gallery of painted examples).

Philip

Well that is the problem.

Back when Tubal worked on the Warp Jackals there were no IA articles, and the only true painted example we have is Kekmeses of the Twilight.

There is however enough information to create an IA-article, but I do not have the time to do so now.

It is too bad to let this Chapter just fade out of existence though, so if anyone feels a calling towards saving the Warp Jackals... - The time is now.

Well, I would say that for now a link to the site would do. - At least for now.

If I find the time I will make an IA, but it will be quite a bit into the future before I will find the time for that. - If ever. So I don't mind if anyone else wants to make this IA either.

Thank you for liking the Banner Philip, I appreciate it! ;)

Well, I would say that for now a link to the site would do. - At least for now.

If I find the time I will make an IA, but it will be quite a bit into the future before I will find the time for that. - If ever. So I don't mind if anyone else wants to make this IA either.

If you can knock up a v5 version of the standard marine armed with a bolter I'll add them to the gallery.

Thank you for liking the Banner Philip, I appreciate it! :verymad:

Good luck with the comp!

Philip

@ Chaptermaster Graymantle - Thanks. That image looks different to usual, did you use the 'less shading' option?

@ TyraelV - It is possible, do you have a link?

@ Hemal - I look forward to seeing them.

- Current chapter count: 984!

Philip

@ Chaptermaster Graymantle - Thanks. That image looks different to usual, did you use the 'less shading' option?

No, but I did use parts from the new painter here and there and I upped the contrast a bit to get richer colours. - Which also led to the edges of the Marine to be a bit more jagged in places, but I figured it wasn't noticable enough to be concerned about. - Especially considering that the image will be used in a smaller format than seen here.