More Tales from the Fang

Warhorse47

they had finaly reached the first mortar squad. As forte was about to cut one of the gunners in two he suddently saw the gunners head explode in a mist of blood. he quickly turned to see who had stolen his first kill and saw mavs girl pummeling another member of the mortar crew to death. what once used to be his head now looked like a squached tomato. just as forte was about to start complaining against her for stealing his first blood postal yelled out"there are more of them to both our right and left!" as he ran of towards the nearest mortar squad, mortar grenades coming down to his left and right. just as he was about to jump across a burned out chimera a shell struck him directly, smashing him into the ground. Immediatly forte came by, swinging postal onto his back, carrying him to safety with his boltpistol blazing away, turning the guardsmen into a mist of blood. regrouping in their newfound shelter mav girl screamed out"ammo check and headcount!"Forte, check. Arez,check.Wulfbane, check.Rayray, check. as more and more of the bloodclaws pack spoke their name mav girl once more heard the blob sounds. she immediatly recognized her mistake, obviously all other mortar squads knew where their now killed friends had been and were now directing their mortars to that position"get out! start running! mortar shells inb-" was all she could scream before hell came thundering down.they had found themselves pinned down since they couldn't immediatly spot the mortar teams and in their excitement forgot most of their training. the situation looked hopeless and they too would soon suffer the same as postal. Suddently their mood changed drasticly. during the training sessions they had always had the help from the elder greybeards giving them advise and tips but now they were on their own"can you spot them, i can't see them""we've got to carry postal out of here""no we-" "SHUT UP" arez shouted out."don't you remember our training, all those hours spend in the fang and outside? don't you all remember greymages words? when you can't see your enemy you can always smell him out! now that's exactly what i want you to do! mav girl, you've got the finest nose of all of us, can't you smell them?"-this had exactly been what they needed, someone that would calm them down for a moment so they could concentrate on their current situation- using her fine nose, blocking out the smell of burned flesh,blood and gore she recognized the smell of sweat. sweat and fear!"they are over there, pointing towards the north. there are approximently 6 mortar nests i think, judging by the rhytm the shell came down.forte, you've got the strongest throwing arm, if you could throw one of your smoke grenades as far as you can we might have a chance to get over this killing ground without much losses" Immediatly forte reached out for his smoke grenade and threw it as far as he could. With the pack of whelps charging across the killing ground this battle reached it's peak and the pups knew it. there was no way the mortars could take out all of them, and even a single pup could easely handle the crews of 6 mortars. they had already won this battle, and they knew it, and so did the mortar squads by the smell of fear in the air.Reaching the mortars Arez hurled one of his grenades towards the mortar in the back, the explosion sending scrapnel flying everywhere and blasting the mortars crew into pieces.this was their finest moment, in close combat with their first opponent as an astartes, and by god did the pups like it![/i]

mav girl looked up from the heretic guardsmen she had just cut in half when she noticed forte was using a decapitated leg to club another heretic to death. forte, noticing he was being watched simply spoke: "chainsword got jammed.." and for a moment all packbrothers forgot their situation and started laughing out loud. This day simply couldn't get better, they executed the mission almost flawless and had achieved their first victory. In their enthousiasm instead of securing a perimeter they each started bragging of to eachother of how many kills they had made. this was a good days for the pups, atleast untill they suddently recieved bad news through their vox channel

---line has been-------must fall ba-------pre--re ------- tank divisi----and then it stayed silent.this was one of those silences they had been worried about.

this was a bad omen.

"forte, try to find a decent close combat weapon instead of that leg. Arez, i want you on that chimera to look out for inbound tanks. the rest of you, try to find some cover." mav girl quickly ordered the pack. it has seemed the pack had found it's alpha male, or in this case alpha female, for mav girl was like her name suggested a woman instead of a man.

"hellhounds and chimeras inbound mav girl!" Arez shouted out, quickly jumping down the burned out chimera as a lasgun shot struck his face, burning away some of the skin. To a normal man a shot like this would have been deadly but not to an astartes. Immediatly the wound started to heal, leaving only some scar tissue . normally they had nothing to fear from a lasgun, but if you add in the amount of lasgun fire this small tank column had it suddently because a real threat, especially when combined with the turret mounted flamers this was indeed a bad situation since most of the pack had wasted their grenades on the heretic mortar crews in their enthousiasm of seeing them get blown apart and any cover they could find simply couldn't protect them from the engulfing flames.

"we need to pull back mav girl" forte mentioned to her as they tried to hide behind a make swift barricade, consisting of pieces of the death mortar crew and an operation table. "i know forte, but where to? we're complely out in the open and i can't reach any other pack for assistance, and what will happen to postal. F*ck! we completly forgot him. Arez, can you see where we left postal? by now that tank column must almost be within 20 meter from him" "He's gone mav girl, i'm completly sure we dragged him to that building over there, in the south and now he's gone" Arez replied "f*ck, they must have found him. well at least he's still alive acording to the hologram of my helmet, his heart seems to be pumping like crazy by the looks of this thing.in each case we've got to fall back before we're in reach of those hellhounds, pack, prepare to make a tactical withdrawal"

As the first bloodclaws exited the ruined building, casting one last glance on the spot they had left postal a shell struck mav girl, sending her straight into the back wall. The round had pierced her breastplate and when she looked down she saw the wound was bleeding heavily. she knew trying to get up would make her only lose more blood and she would soon enter the red sleep. she also knew this would be her end as the hellhounds their flames would burn her alive. atleast she would be getting a funeral to fenrisian customs, being burned and her ashes spread out in the air. she just felt sorry her saga wouldn't be any longer then just this and closed her eyes, breathing in deeply. only 60 more meters until she would be in reach for the slowly advancing hellhounds. 55, 50, 45. the waiting was killing her. this was not the way she wanted to go down. concentrating all of her willpower and strength she managed to lift up her right arm, aiming her boltpistol at the closest hellhound and started blazing away. she knew this would have no effect on the tank but she just needed to do something. her gun still blazing she noticed she had only 8 rounds left. carefully aiming her last round at the tank she was amazed when suddently the first tank exploded in a huge ball of fire. had she really taken out a hellhound with her boltpistol? it didn't really matter now anyway since she had no more rounds. she closed her eyes and prepared herself to feel the burning flames, banning any fears out of her heart. but suddently she was shaken up again, another hellhound had exploded and the armoured column found itself trapped with it's most forward and backward tank standing burning in the way. Suddently another tank exploded in the middle. this definetly was a trap, but by who? none in her pack had a weapon so formidable it could make a tank explode in 1 shot and by now they surely would be far away, maybe even unaware she was missing. running all other possible explanations through her head she suddently noticed a figure clad in power armour to the right of the armoured column, lifting some sort of barrel underneath his arm up and aiming it at jet another tank, wrecking it immediatly . by now the guardmen were trying to get out of their armoured coffins as fast as they could, and all were in panic as on multiple places in the column mortar shells found ground. By the time they could figure out who was firing them it was already too late. each squad had split up and so had sacreficed their combined superior firepower to gain cover agains the shells. unfortunatly for them none had expected to find a space wolf run through their column, decapitating and severing arms as his chainsword found flesh. mav girl tried to make out who the space wolf was but couldn't see it with all the smoke. the fighting continued for 2 more minutes and by then all could be heard was the burning of the armoured column. clearly their attacker had left none alive. suddently the figure was kneeling in front of her. "mav girl, mav girl, are you ok?" it was only now that she heard the mysterious figure his voice she could make out who it was. hicking up some blood she replied "could have been better postal.""bah, let me help you up and get out of here, it seams forte has led the rest of our pack to safety and managed to send a thunderhawk to our location" "how did you manage to take out those tanks?" "well i had lost my boltpistol and chainsword win the blast, so instead i took this mortal and used 2 belts from some of the crew to make it an underslung grenade laucher i also found this imperial guard pattern officers chainsword who i think i'll keep instead of my standard one, this one has a nice feeling to it"

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Again real life has kept me away too long.

However, it looks like things are getting back to what passes for normal around here and I am finishing up a new srory for all of us.

Not to tease, but it might involve a naked Iron Priest and a squig..........

However, it looks like things are getting back to what passes for normal around here and I am finishing up a new srory for all of us.

New story? Yay, Unca Warts is back at it!

I know that there's a novelty company that makes inflatable sheep, i wonder if i could talk them into making inflatable squigs.

Hijacking that as a Sig pmsl

Look forward to more tales from Warhorse. Always a good read.

New story? Yay, Unca Warts is back at it!

and how! dammit! i'm really excited, although seeing firenze buttnaked isn't a sight to look forward to!

The Ork's powerclaw sent Warhorse and Jester flying through the wreckage of the nearest building. The sounds of the battle were winding down as the last of the mob were hunted down, but the last ones still fighting were all Nobz and still enjoying the brawl nearly as much as the Wolves. The Ork turned to Firenze and snapped the blades of his claw together, then charged, roaring out something that Firenze didn't understand and wasn't too worried about either. Using his servo arm to launch himslf above the Ork, he swung Annihilus down with all his strength. The intricately wrought hammer shattered the Ork's armor, driving the helmet through his skull. Something came flying at him from behind some wreckage, screaming. Firenze could barely alter his swing to keep from crushing the young woman who had come running to him. Before he could speak, she was clinging to his armor and crying so hysterically he could not understand her. "slow down, breathe, what is wrong?" he had to shout several times before she could calm down enough to tell him that as the Orks were attacking the Tau that were there, one of the them had discovered a shelter where they had hidden the small colony's children and had thrown some kind of beast in there and all they could hear was the screaming of the two women who were watching the kids and then the kids' panicked cries. Picking her up Firenze sprinted to the doorway. Finding it jammed was no surprise, but no trouble either as he ripped the door open with his servo arm. Bolter ready, he had to crouch to get inside. Walls splattered with blood and gore, he saw the bodies of two adults, only recognizable as human because he knew what he was looking for. One had literally thrown herself in front of a small opening in a vain attempt to stop whatever it was they had thrown in there. "Did you see the thing they threw in?" "Yes, but I don't know what it was, it had no arms just legs and teeth." A squig, blast it, thought Firenze. Looking into the opening, he could see nothing but darkness, he could smell only blood and gore, but his ears told him the tale. It was still in there and he could hear the cries of it's prey. No choice at all for a son of Fenris, he thought grimly as he began to strip off his armor. There was no way even Jester, smallest of the pack here could fit with armor, so it would be the hard way. Gripping his bolt pistol and holding his old combat knife in his teeth, he crouched down and entered the maze.....

As he started down the tunnel, Firenze had to hunch over, then eventually go to his hands and knees crawling. What little back light he had was not enough to see clearly by, so his shoulders were soon bleeding as he went as swiftly as he could. The stench from the squig clogged his nostrils and he wondered if he would ever be able to enjoy a roasted one again. Suddenly the cramped passage gave way to an open area. As he entered he heard the beast racing from his left. Trying to swing his bolt pistol up, he was slammed backwards by the creature. Slamming hard into the sharp rocks, Firenze nearly blacked out from his head crashing into the unyielding wall. As the squig tried to bite him, he raised the pistol, only to have the critter bite down on it . Pulling the trigger, the pistol got off only two rounds before the squig damaged it beyond use. However, it slowed it down enough for Firenze to grab his knife and then the death dance began in earnest. The wild animal's crazed and blood rage against the honed killing edge of a razor sharp adamantium blade wielded by a warrior of Fenris, fighting in a chamber of night.

After what seemed a lifetime, Firenze lifted himself from the beast's back, shaking from the effort. Straining his ears he listened for any sound of life at all. Nothing from the squig, good, but nothing from where the children had been either. Feeling a tiny body next to him, still warm, but lifeless, he wept unashamedly for the loss of their young lives and vowed he would never rest until every last ork on this cursed rock was dead. Suddenly he heard a tiny cry....desperately feeling his way towards it, his powerful hands reached through the torn bodies until a tiny hand wrapped it fingers around his. "By Russ! It was worth it all!" he shouted until his cries caused the baby to start crying in fear. Trying to soothe the infant took a couple of minutes and he now began to crawl back through the dark tunnel cradling the baby as best as he could. He realized that he was nearly blind from the blood in his eyes and as he got closer all he could see was a dim outline ahead of him. Then he heard the voices of his Packmates. "i've got one alive!" he cried out. Suddenly he heard the voice of the young woman who had found him earlier and felt her hands taking the babe from his own. As she pulled free, he felt himself shoved to the ground, and a bolter fired over his head. Then Jester's voice "That thing was still coming after you." The young Wolf then pulled Firenze the rest of the way free of the tunnel. He was half carried and half led outside where a broken water pipe was spraying and then his brothers helped him clean his wounds. As he was able to see again, he began donning his rune covered armor. Then an Imperial Inquisitor slowly walked up. "I have heard many times of the insanity of the Wolves, but never would I have expected to find such treachery in one of you. Why would you spend so much to commit such a crime and then your brother Astartes help you celebrate?" "What are you talking about? I just rescued a child from being eaten by a squig?" "I know that Wolf, traitor that you are!" Then pointing over to the young woman who held the baby, A beautiful baby, a beautiful Tau baby........

Archived