Legions grouped in concert

Marshal Wilhelm

The Lion's Dark Angels for their masterful tactics working in concert with the Raven Guard's precision strikes and the Space Wolves as the unstoppable sledgehammer! Awesome.

Rememeber the SW have fought along side the DA and the Raven gaurd.

Anybody remeber that the SW DA force endend up with the Primarchs having a fistycuff.

SW with Raven gaurd were fine.

The Lion's Dark Angels for their masterful tactics working in concert with the Raven Guard's precision strikes and the Space Wolves as the unstoppable sledgehammer! Awesome.

Rememeber the SW have fought along side the DA and the Raven gaurd.

Anybody remeber that the SW DA force endend up with the Primarchs having a fistycuff.

SW with Raven gaurd were fine.

yes i remeber. and the lion(cat) pulling a cheap shot when russ saw how ridiculas they were both being

yes i remeber. and the lion(cat) pulling a cheap shot when russ saw how ridiculas they were both being

Financially speaking, the Lion was in debt to Russ. Being an upright Imperial Citizen, he did what was morally required of him and paid back that debt. It happened to be a punch in the teeth with an armoured fist.

Remember, Russ started it.

Leman Russ's ego initiated the fight.

When the Lion finished it, that should have been the end of it. Fair is fair.

Leman Russ's ego kept it going.

I may have no actual power but you know what? I'm putting my foot down! We are not gonna start this debate.

EDIT: that is the who started the fight between Russ and the Lion and who was in the right.

"Fight, fight, fight, fight" *the crowd eggs on the potential protagonists* :P

or because of our medium, it be;

"Flame, flame, flame, flame" :lol:

Check out, in the SW forum, the accumulation of the various SW and DA articles on "The Wolf & the Lion". They then draw a conclusion from them.

:) WOLF & LION. :no:

....maybe I am right.... ;)

Financially speaking, the Lion was in debt to Russ. Being an upright Imperial Citizen, he did what was morally required of him and paid back that debt. It happened to be a punch in the teeth with an armoured fist.

Remember, Russ started it.

Leman Russ's ego initiated the fight.

When the Lion finished it, that should have been the end of it. Fair is fair.

Leman Russ's ego kept it going.

how in anyway is it fair when someone is laughing at the situation to knock them unconcious.

the lion allowed his his brothers honour to remain broken after he slayed the person who had insulted russ.

now russ being russ was obviously going to get mad. russ didnt carry it on actually the primarchs went on to be friends.

edit: sorry battle brother macharius i couldn't let him get away with this heresy

My dream team would be Iron Hands, Imperial Fists, and the Word Bearers just cause they are some of my favorite legions.

But, a practical one would be Salamanders (expert and close fire fights), World Eaters (to take over when the enemy reached the Salamanders), and Emperor's Children (tactical brilliance)

I may have no actual power but you know what? I'm putting my foot down! We are not gonna start this debate.

EDIT: that is the who started the fight between Russ and the Lion and who was in the right.

"Fight, fight, fight, fight" *the crowd eggs on the potential protagonists* :)

or because of our medium, it be;

"Flame, flame, flame, flame" :P

Check out, in the SW forum, the accumulation of the various SW and DA articles on "The Wolf & the Lion". They then draw a conclusion from them.

:) WOLF & LION. :no:

....maybe I am right.... ;)

Ok Imagine if somebody had called your beloved DORN the Emperors lapdog. And DORN swore an OATH (something templars take very personally)

Now imagine DORN took that oath in front of Say Pertubro, who then went on to kill the person that insulted DORN ensuring DORN did not fulfill his oat thus leaving a stain on his honour. ~HOW would DORN have reacted?

I am sure he would not have punched Pertubro, he would probably have skerwered him on his blade.

Only somebody without honour would deny another of theirs.

You do not deny your brother his honour (something the templars and Dorn prodeginey should know very well)

Dorn would not have denied Russ his honour as Dorn was all about honour, the Lion on the other hand was callous and without Honour, anything to prove himself the better tacticion.

Tactics be Damned if Dorn or some other Primarch like Sang, guillaman, Corax, Angron, Vulkan were there theywould not have denied Russ his revenge.

My trio would be World Eaters, Iron Warriors, and Emperors Children. World Eaters to decimate armies, Iron Warriors to decimate fortresses, and Emperors children to make sure they are attacking the right targets, as well as being able to help them out with their degree of excellence.

I agree :)

although, I might've used Iron Fists instead. Hands of metal? niiiice (who the feth needs a hammer or sword when you can just maul the enemy's face into a bloody pulp bare-handed?)

Ok Imagine if somebody had called your beloved DORN the Emperors lapdog. And DORN swore an OATH (something templars take very personally)

Now imagine DORN took that oath in front of Say Pertubro, who then went on to kill the person that insulted DORN ensuring DORN did not fulfill his oat thus leaving a stain on his honour. ~HOW would DORN have reacted?

I am sure he would not have punched Pertubro, he would probably have skerwered him on his blade.

Only somebody without honour would deny another of theirs.

You do not deny your brother his honour (something the templars and Dorn prodeginey should know very well)

Dorn would not have denied Russ his honour as Dorn was all about honour, the Lion on the other hand was callous and without Honour, anything to prove himself the better tacticion.

Tactics be Damned if Dorn or some other Primarch like Sang, guillaman, Corax, Angron, Vulkan were there theywould not have denied Russ his revenge.

Your post has been a bit of a pickle for me, and after time in the pain-glove, I now have a response....

*I don't know much of the "modern" Lion. The one that BL has portrayed in the HH series. So I won't agree with your statement of him being callous and without Honour, but I won't argue against it either, until I have read the books.

**Well Dorn was a mixed bag. Level-headed, thoughtful and calculating. Truthful and not one to lie, even though this is not always endearing for him. He was ordered and disciplined but not locked into it.

When pushed far enough, though, he acted to clear his and the Legion's name in engaging with the Iron Warriors, even though it was not expedient to do so. Honour was very important to him.

RD doesn't kill Garro as he realised that the other Primarchs would want to kill him for his "slander" of them. So RD honours his brother's honours.

He knocked Garro down for linking Horus with the actions of Istvaan III. He was ready to lop Garro's head off for saying he was blind, for his keen judgement was clouded by his love, respect and admiration of Horus.

After the truth was presented to him via recording, he set aside his anger and then deliberated what to do for several days.

and to borrow some more words from FotE HH book, The IF bury their rages under rock and steel & Rogal Dorn will have Horus held accountable.

Lexicanum IF says that up until that point Dorn had been true, noble and enduring, but now he became an avenging son.

So he was poised and then he snapped and went on a Kill Bill rampage (she wears yellow, too.... :huh: )

So it is hard for me to say. Honour was VERY important for RD. Would he have made such a bold and grand statement, though? He would have made sure that the insulter would die, with all the resources he had and would have positioned himself to do it personally but I am not sure if he would have painted himself into a corner by saying that the insulter must die by his own hand.

In the hypothetical of Dorn replaces the Lion scenario, I believe RD would have let Russ have a shot at his insulter. Remember though, that when someone is nice to you, it makes it so much easier to let them do it their way (letting Russ have a chance to kill the slanderer) even if Dorn had been the one to do all the reconnaissance.

So if the Lion and Russ had been rubbing one another the wrong way from day 1, the Lion will be less willing to bend for Russ. Remember the saying "You win more flies with honey than with vinegar"?

It is funny that you hypothetical-ed Perturabo. I don't know if that was deliberate or coincidence. Dorn never had bones with Perturabo. P snapped when RD answered Horus's question about the assailability of Terra after RD had pimped it out. As an aside, Terra didn't fall and RD was proved right. So it was after that rage-session Perturabo had that a rift happened between them and they never interacted after that. But that was a personality attack on RD by P ~ it was made clear that P couldn't stand him, so RD didn't see much point trying to be mates.

Had Dorn grand-standed and made such a bold statement that he personally was going to bite the slanderer's ear and eat his children (or am I getting confused with someone else :P ) I think at the very least a mini-rift would have happened. But denying him honour is different, IMO, to slandering him in front of his peers and Horus and the Emperor.

Maybe he would have had an honour duel, though ~ "You have cheated me, brother, and let me look a fool in front of my Legion. I cannot let that stand...."

If no one died, maybe that would be the end of it, instead of an ongoing rift - I don't know.

***Remember that the Lion and Russ were reconciled to one another over time. So perhaps they both matured somewhat, got used to not being The Biggest Fish in their pond, and eventually respected their brother. Russ changed & the Lion changed, for the better.

So those are my answers and opinions to your statements and questions.

Once again; I have no power but I am putting a stop to this.

For the lion and the wolf stuff move it to the DA and SW forums!

For the Dorn argument, either bury it or move it to the index astartes forum.

If this is not complied with I will slap each and any poster who posts on any of the above with a salmon (yes I copied that old pic and have it on my photobucket account).

EDIT: This is a topic about your fantasy draft of legions so keep it that way.

Fine to keep it on topic I think the SW, Raven gaurd and White Scars would work well together. The SW and Raven gaurd ahve in the past worked well together, So have the SW and Khans boys. Also Khans boys and coraxs boys have worked to gether well. So putting all three together would be great, the Raven gaurd can infiltrate whiles the scars do lightning assualts with the SW mopping up the peices.

If defending, Imperial Fists, Raven Guard and World Eaters.

Ravens for sneaking around and going ninja on the enemy.

Fists for one <DELETED BY INQUISITION> of an anvil

World Eaters for one <DELETED BY INQUISITION> of a hammer.

If attacking, World Eaters. On their own. Led by Angron. Who would be told bad news pre-battle, just to get a little bit angrier.

btw, those Deleted by Inquisitions were from me, to add the power of swearwords without risking the ire of the B&C

Space wolves Blood Angels and World Eaters just tell them there is free mead/cure for the black rage/knowing you killed more than the others but that would lead to infighting but either way they are killing things which in general is good isnt it?

• 5 weeks later...
can't you just send all the legions? :D I wonder how the enemy would react at the sight of 18 legions of Astarted and 18 Primarchs :rolleyes:

more seriously though I'd say Night Lords, Raven Guard, White Scars, Alpha Legion. surgical strikes from every side and even inside ;)

This. By the time the White Scars appeared on the horizon, half the enemy troops would be dead, the rest would be wearing brown pants and shooting at each other.

Blood Angels, Space Wolves and World Eaters. Just to see the look on my opponent`s face.

Or lack thereof....

Honestly, i think the Alpha Legion and Night Lords would totally dominate the psychological warfare circuit. People dissappearing, flawed corpses turning up....nasty :rolleyes:

Really any combination of Legions! There have been some great combinations already..

How about the World Eaters (or War Hounds) and Blood Angels? Horus favoured this combination, as the two assault-orientated Legions would spur each other on through competition and apparently a close bond was formed through the early years of the Crusade.

The Imperial Fists and Night Lords apparently fought together at times, as evident from the Dark King, no doubt effective although Dorn was none too pleased with his pale brothers methods!

Archived