=I= Coming in 2010?

jakehunter52

Its doubtful they are worried about losing a small amount of new collecters before the new codex and models arriving since their entire sales tactic is releasing new rules and models that everyone will want and buy even if they have had little or no interest in the past since its got new amazing rules, characters or easy to win tactics.

Plus GWS staff are prodigal liers when it suits their purposes (I mean they always tell me SM are awesome and thats a blatant lie! jks) and will simply tell anyone who asks that a new codex and model line is "just around the corner" keeping people interested and saving, or alternatively encouraging them to collect the GWS ezimode posterboy line (aka SM's) in the meantime.

I take it as a very encouraging sign that GW has removed the WH 'dex from Sales, as from a customers standpoint, I'd be pissed if I bought it, and 6-12 months later it was rendered obsolete by the updated one coming out. Good move GW. B)

Also, it wouldn't surprise me if GW released an interim WH/DH 'dex in PDF form, ala the Blood Angels, to tide people over until they release the new one.

The removal of the SoB 10-strong boxset indicates a release of new models sometime in the near future too, why else would they make it exceptionally cost-prohibitive to start a SoB army?

I wouldn't mind a .pdf release for my little GK's. ^__^

Indeed, if anyone was considering starting SoB I'd imagine they'd just wait for the new stuff to hit. I'm going to stick with 2012. Expect the worst and hope for the best and all that!

When the new books eventually hit it's going to be really, really weird to see the Ordos getting all the lime light.

Hiya

Just spoke to my Melbourne GW store (they moved btw) and the guy there confirmed that with the stock cut backs of SoB and no longer producing them it is most likely that they are to his knowledge of how things are done that they WILL release a new range and codex within a year.

Now this is just his expectations of whats happening but he says its usually the way GW does release products further down the line when nearing production.

So if this is anything with what we speculate then most likely we are getting something sometime this year.

Pretty much the only thing available to online purchase is the blisters of 3 Sisters, its not a box of 7, the wording underneath states as much.

Hiya

Just spoke to my Melbourne GW store (they moved btw) and the guy there confirmed that with the stock cut backs of SoB and no longer producing them it is most likely that they are to his knowledge of how things are done that they WILL release a new range and codex within a year.

Now this is just his expectations of whats happening but he says its usually the way GW does release products further down the line when nearing production.

So if this is anything with what we speculate then most likely we are getting something sometime this year.

Pretty much the only thing available to online purchase is the blisters of 3 Sisters, its not a box of 7, the wording underneath states as much.

Well all of the heavy and special weapons are available as well the various sister superiors, so its not that bad. I mean its pricey creating a whole squad that way but at least you dont' have to get a stormbolter and flamer anymore. If I were creating a squad now I replace the Superior with the one using a bolter and hand held holy icon, add a heavy flamer, and a meltagun. That we cost me 78 American dollars the old way before any discounts that I might find. Now I run around 82.50 American to buil siad squadand actually have 2 extra miniatures with boltguns that I will actually use elsewhere. I probably have 7 Sister Superiors with plasma pistols that will never hit the battlefield with the current codex. I hate plasma pistols and they hate me. While I rarely roll a "gets hot!", I never hit with them (Damn those 2's).

All i want is a box of ten sisters, in plastic-with bits to make a veteran sister superior, special weapons (flamers, meltaguns etc) and maybe a nice heavy flamer. Id happily pay about £18.00-£20.00 for that and buy several boxes.

Is that too much to ask?

Depends on who you ask. I for one woudl love a boxed set with all fo the options along with fixings like purity seals and what not. I'd also like to have figures that can all have helmets. I hate painting flesh tones on ittybitty faces. Its way too much work.

Sad, but I guess I'll start ebaying mine... I'll keep some of the best painted, of course, but most of them will go into the "40k money pool". Often, when GW replaces older models with newer plastic one, the newer are so much better they put the older one to shame.

Phil

Often, when GW replaces older models with newer plastic one, the newer are so much better they put the older one to shame.

Phil

Often but not always. The daemonettes are an example that springs to mind. The metal ones are (IMO) much more dynamic than the current plastic ones. The current crop of beastmen have their nay-sayers, especially the minotaurs (who don't really seem to look like minotaurs at all).

The current WH models are exquisite models, very detailed and very dynamic (even the sisters). The plastic ones will mostly do them justice. The only WH that I feel neeed work are the preachers. The seraphim could do with looking a bit less like sisters of battle with jetpacks on...but after all, that is what they are.

Obviously, dark eldar models can only be bettered by new plastics.

That's why I'll probably keep 20 of them, plus my heavy weapons, canonesses and maybe 10 seraphims. The rest (another 30 sisters and 10 seraphims) will go away :-( Those where my first 40k models and the sadness is, for now, not much compensated by the hope of a new codex in the next 12 months.

One day, I'll be able to play a whole new army of Sisters!

Phil

As I was reading through all 40something pages of the Warseer thread linked to earlier in this post, I stumbled upon another gem on page 24: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showpost.php...p;postcount=478

Inquisition

* All inquisition units to get new models...eventually

* Codex: Inquisition to combine all orders of =I=

* GK being focused on for release, Sisters 2nd wave

* No allies, but indoctrinated units will include choices from other Imperial armies

* No faith points

* Lots of Psychic Nullification

* Lots of Ignore Invul

* Another flyer/transport kit Valkyrie-sized being planned for release

* GK models may see light of day early tied into another product release. (commentary: I hear rumors of a Space hulk expansion being planned, but they are vague and disorganized, so much salt needed here)

* Release window is not 2010 for C:I

* Imperial Assassin now a single unit, culdex, Caladeus, etc all gone. Unit will have numerous lethal options. Very Expensive.

Um, yay! :devil:

EDIT: These seemed to be more rumors, but I thought I'd throw it out there as something buried further in the thread.

Ahhh, lack of faith points is sad, but really in line with the "less book-keeping" trend. All the other rumors are yummy, though. I'm a big fan of the combined =I= dex, fluff and previous JJ remarks notwithstanding.

Phil

I think it's important to keep in mind that everything thusfar is wild rumors with little evidence besides word of mouth. No sense in getting ourselves all worked up over it.

It would be really cool though, no? :P

No allies, but indoctrinated units will include choices from other Imperial armies

:P

This would be bad...

It would link the Codex to other Codexes, and make sure it breaks when they get updated...

/sigh

If GW want to go down that route (and not flesh out full armies and Imperial Mandate to Apoc games), then they need to detail some units *in* the Inquisitorial Codex itself.

* No faith points

This doesn't sound quite right to me. Maybe no faith points but surely faith has to represented somehow, otherwise what's the point of using SoB?

Maybe they'll do faith in the same way as IG orders. One act of faith can be used by any sororitas squad provided a faithful is amongst them? That would mean you can't stack faith points on the cannoness to make her the nun of doom but still... not having to track points would be fun. Although sac-ing the VSS wouldn't be as fun anymore.

Two things to note:

Indoctrinated (probably meant Inducted, but meh) units from other Codices could just mean that they're reprinting a unit entry from another Codex entirely and putting it in this one.. letting a single unit exist in two Codices at once. It doesn't necessarily mean referencing another book any more (which the new trend has been to avoid)

No Faith Points simply means the current Faith system will be gone. However, this doesn't necessarily mean supernatural acts won't be present! It's possible they're going to come up with something like the Orders system, or make them into psychic powers and the like.

All the same, more attention is better than less :)

* Imperial Assassin now a single unit, culdex, Caladeus, etc all gone. Unit will have numerous lethal options. Very Expensive.

This is the rumour I don't like the most, because it would mean a retcon of the temples. Also it doesn't make much sense considering the Assassin based HH book that is scheduled to come out.

It's possible that they have the 'temples' as various 'wargear sets' that are bought to a base model for +X points or something... that would have one entry with 'numerous options' and be very killey but expensive ;)

Inquisition

* All inquisition units to get new models...eventually Sounds good.

* Codex: Inquisition to combine all orders of =I= That's dissapointing. I'm completely disinterested in the non-Malleus stuff and prefer they keep the codices seperate. However, we've heard other rumors that they will stay seperate, so I'll hope for that.

* GK being focused on for release, Sisters 2nd wave Sounds good to me.

* No allies, but indoctrinated units will include choices from other Imperial armies,. I hope this means links to other codices. It would be impossible to duplicate/include everything in the Inquisition dex(es), and as soon as another codex gets an update our unit options would be immediately out of date.

* No faith points

* Lots of Psychic Nullification. That would be cool.

* Lots of Ignore Invul. Definitely cool (same as current for Daemonhunters).

* Another flyer/transport kit Valkyrie-sized being planned for release. Hell yay! I hope its something the Grey Knights can use, but even if its just dedicated to Storm Troopers or Inquisitorial Retinues that would be alright, too.

* GK models may see light of day early tied into another product release. (commentary: I hear rumors of a Space hulk expansion being planned, but they are vague and disorganized, so much salt needed here) Might be the March Battle Missions release.

* Release window is not 2010 for C:I

* Imperial Assassin now a single unit, culdex, Caladeus, etc all gone. Unit will have numerous lethal options. Very Expensive. That would be just fine if they do a good job of it.

V

If assassins get merged into a single unit then I will be very upset. My Vindicare turns up in my Dark Angel army frequently and will be in my Malleus Guard along with my Daemonhost. It won't be a massive blow, but I love the Vindicare model and the fluff.

The removing Allies will upset me the most. I've been toying with the idea of starting a Daemonhunters army, and a new codex kindof spurred that along. However, I currently runa GK Brother-Captain with my Black Templars and won't be happy if Brother-Captain Baldric has to leave the Crusade. :D

This is the rumour I don't like the most, because it would mean a retcon of the temples. Also it doesn't make much sense considering the Assassin based HH book that is scheduled to come out.

It's possible that they have the 'temples' as various 'wargear sets' that are bought to a base model for +X points or something... that would have one entry with 'numerous options' and be very killey but expensive :huh:

I think INP got it right, it would be in line with the recent codici. You get:

(assassin = x points) + (vindicare temple = Y points) = Z points total

edit: The latest batch of rumours INP pointed out are in my opinion all plausible and could work out all right

Archived