=I= Coming in 2010?

jakehunter52

I want a box of ten plastic SOB, with bits to make sister superior, special weapons (meltagun, flamer) and a nice heavy flamer...:)

Don't we all! :) But look at it the good way: you have at least a year to put money aside!!!

Phil

Wrist Mounted SB and 'angelic' Jump Pack Wings. ;)

If the Exlated minis look nice (and possible head-swappable), I don't tihnk I'll be able to resist picking some up for more Grey Knight usage. :)

To mount a SB on a SoB´s wrist would be like mounting a assault cannon on a GK wrist...hmm :nuke:

I was just reading a blog about how to exploit the allies rule for WH/DH in your imperial guard or space marine armies.

I understand there is a belief the allies rule will be dropped from the new codex. Does this mean that all allying will be dropped do you think or will it just apply to SM led and IG led forces.

Inquisitors being able to requisition Space Marines and Imperial Guard is part of what makes them the inquisition and so cool.

I really hope they keep this in the new codex and stop IG and SM players using our stuff.

I understand there is a belief the allies rule will be dropped from the new codex. Does this mean that all allying will be dropped do you think or will it just apply to SM led and IG led forces.

I would guess (again just a guess) that given the current "messy" nature of allies, that it will be dropped all together!

However, that is not to say that "inducted" IG or SM will go away... more so, they will probably need to have their own entries in our books to keep everything away from the mess we recently had with Inducted IG units and unit entries missing. The only drawback, is that these would be "vanilla" entries and special rules and or stats could be different for our inducted entries vs the regular codex ones. i.e. our inducted platoons may not have all the same rules, weapon combos, or stats as the regular IG platoons. (again just a guess)

If i were writing the codex, I wouldn't put allies in. Too messy with codex updates. I'd put en special rule in the Inquisitor's entry:

"By the order of the Immortal Emperor of mankind...": The Inquisitor and his retinue can be used as a HQ unit in an army from the following codexes: Space Marines, Imperial Guards.

Phil

Army Rules.

If you take an IG Troop choice that has a Commander upgrade who offers x and y 'orders', you can use these with the WH/DH units.

Allies across Codexes are messy. It's hard to Balance (hi hi Vulkan and SoB), and leads to all sorts of problems (You have AP3 Hellguns? Mine are still AP6... GIEF!).

Honestly, if the two Codexes are fully fleshed out, there wouldn't need to be any ally rules. You can save all that for apoc! :)

Or simply state that C:DH and WH can take X slots from X Codexes as allies and vice versa...no specifik unit entry or anything. Why make it messy.
There's no way to reference functions from other objects in this game that won't eventually become awkward, and/or subject to brokenness without being able to issue patches. Given that they don't publish the equivalent of 'Chapter Approved' anymore, cross references are untenable for future designs.

Unless this policy changes, and that is very unlikely while the bean counters are in power, the next Inquisition related book will be fully self contained.

It's a pity, I miss the little optional bits.

Also, he hints that GK will be getting new vehicles that are best described by "one word, sammael." Yes....Jetbiker Grey Knights.

Even though my true love is Chaos (JIC you can't tell :) ), Grey Knights come in a close second. Ironic, I know, but they are just awesome, and they wield glaices. Glaives = Win.

*thoughts flash through mind of GKT with Assault Cannons* THAT is a thought i could gladly get used to, a GK-stylized AC.... (not on Power Armour as Dilgar suggested in his analogy... even i know the limits of broken-ness)

Or... whenever they update our codex, they can give the same treatment to the Psycannon that they gave to the AC way back when. Make it a Heavy/Assault 4 with rendering.

Or simply state that C:DH and WH can take X slots from X Codexes as allies and vice versa...no specifik unit entry or anything. Why make it messy.
There's no way to reference functions from other objects in this game that won't eventually become awkward, and/or subject to brokenness without being able to issue patches. Given that they don't publish the equivalent of 'Chapter Approved' anymore, cross references are untenable for future designs.

Unless this policy changes, and that is very unlikely while the bean counters are in power, the next Inquisition related book will be fully self contained.

It's a pity, I miss the little optional bits.

And the current "We are two codexes behind" is not awkward? I mean it´s not our allies rule that are that messy(though they are very stupidly written), it is GW´s policy to skip a codex here and there, that has created this situation.

What if the situation would be like the one I suggested, right now? Wouldn´t it be alot more easier to choose allies? What would be so messy? Okey they got "new issue" weapons, so, they got new weapons, we don´t. Isn´t our situation more then broken (in the bad sense), atm? The situation would be exactly the same, only that u could just pick X unit from X codex from X slot, play it. This wouldn´t make the C:WH or DH any more messy, it would just give us (a more clearer way for) versitility to help us through oh, say a situation where our codexes would be a bit after the other ones.

I get your point and, frankly I too do believe that the allies rules will removed, rather then revised. I just can´t believe they couldn´t make em more clearer, because how they are written now, it puts restrictions on our choices and restricts changes in the new codexes, as they should keep the same structure as written in our ally rules. Simply dum.

*thoughts flash through mind of GKT with Assault Cannons* THAT is a thought i could gladly get used to, a GK-stylized AC.... (not on Power Armour as Dilgar suggested in his analogy... even i know the limits of broken-ness)

Or... whenever they update our codex, they can give the same treatment to the Psycannon that they gave to the AC way back when. Make it a Heavy/Assault 4 with rendering.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Or leave it as-is but make it AP3.

I guess what bugs me is that gamers looking to exploit the system by taking Inquisition stuff in their IG or SM armies just to help them win looks like it is going to hurt the fluffiness of being an Inquisitor.

Power gamers are going to hurt the fluffiness of my fluffy DH.

I guess what bugs me is that gamers looking to exploit the system by taking Inquisition stuff in their IG or SM armies just to help them win looks like it is going to hurt the fluffiness of being an Inquisitor.
Seriously? You don't think there's any fluff of an IQ opperating with SM or IG forces?

I think what kiwitexansfan is trying to say is, if the Inquisitors become very strong people will bring them to their imperial guard and space marines items just because it helps them win. This'll mean that every IG/SM army will have inquisitor support, which would be somewhat unfluffy, since it is somewhat rare for an Inquisitor to lead the battlefield.

Seriously? You don't think there's any fluff of an IQ operating with SM or IG forces?
Daftly put boy. It's a question of motivations, not of possibilities and likelyhoods. Are they including Inquisitors for the mystics and assassins, or are they including the Inquisitor 'cause it fits in to their one page fanfic on the back of their armylist. GeeDub has an historical tendency to over compensate against what at the time they see as common fluff abuses.

They're forever havering over how common an element or combination has to be in the background before it becomes a legal list selection. It may seem perverse that Vulkan Kegstand gets to join half of all marine formations in his quest for Salamander widgets, and one of the myriad of Inquisitors is too rare to appear on the field in any given engagement, but that's just part of the perversity of the policy.

To clarify. my objection is to players taking a INQ with Psychic hood and 2 mystics just to stop deepstrike and block psychic powers.

There is no interest in representing DH they just wish to make it easier to win.

I believe it is that particular abuse that will lead to the demise of allies.

To clarify. my objection is to players taking a INQ with Psychic hood and 2 mystics just to stop deepstrike and block psychic powers.

There is no interest in representing DH they just wish to make it easier to win.

I believe it is that particular abuse that will lead to the demise of allies.

I know what you mean. Right know Daemon princes are supposedly as rare as inquisitors leading allied forces, but yet I hear they are very common.

Man, I have to check out this part of the BC more. If only to know my enemy better :D "Know thine enemy, for he already knows you"

Fittingly, I think thats inquisitorial in origin. <_<

Doesn't matter what the player's reasoning is. End of discussion.
In true Inquisitorial style. Blessed is the mind too small for doubt.

I guess it might come down to what we're discussing here. The way things should be, or the way they'll likely be. I'm a fan of 'Armies of the Imperium' with all manner of zany attachments around a Guard core. Something that the allies rules nicely allow for. I expect that the days are numbered for this army style, if for no better reason than the misguided goal of removing complexity from the gaming system.

Archived