=I= Coming in 2010?

jakehunter52

Because of the context in which it was used, it appears to me that the Paladin would be the leader for a GKT squad (note that there was a rumored Paladin "upgrade character", as the Justicar is a leader for the standard Grey Knight squads. Thus he would be assuming the position of the Brother-Captain. Again, I assume that this was done to "re-purpose" the Brother-Captain label to a new role as an alternate HQ choice. The Brother-Captain would likely become the (or one of the) "2-Wound" options.

To me, it sounds like a different type of GKT. Probably our TH/SS termies (Paladins are fond of blunt weaponry, after all). I would be cool to have some more options for our beloved Knights in Terminator armour.

And if it is the GK, it'll be one, posibly two, GK units for the Marine army as an expansion. Just like the original.

No way DoW would introduce a seperate Marine army to compete with Relics chapter, when there is a wealth of other, distinct 'races' for them to implement.

I think it's most likely to be Necrons, maybe even IG. It probably won't be DE, because if Relic are as 'in' with GW's business side as Panbient says, they will wait until after their update to give them all the new toys to play with. Honestly, a Crisis suit Commander wouldn't survive long in Last Stand ^_^

I highly suspect that the new race is Imperial Guard, simply because so much work has already been done for it in the Chaos Rising expansion. From a design aspect, when you already have that many models and animations done, not using them in a subsequent release is just wasteful.

Also, I agree that the =][= logo in the title is indicative of an Inquisition presence in the game, but I would hesitate to mark it as the new race. More likely, in my opinion, they'll go the path of DoW1 and add one or two Inquisition and/or Grey Knights troops to the Marine side.

Well, there were choices to be made in Chaos Rising, but there were 3 possible outcomes as far as the Blood Ravens go.

******SPOILER*******

• The 1st company gets corrupted by chaos.
  • Your company gets corrupted by chaos.
  • No one turns to chaos, but due to events in the story - Gabriel Angelos and your company are viewed as traitors by the rest of the chapter.

******END OF SPOILER*******

So, one way or another, some part of the Blood Ravens is being viewed as having strayed from the proper path. And if a marine chapter is suspected of troubles like this - I can easily see the ][nquisition getting involved.

I don't think the =][= logo is there on accident, but I don't expect them to be a new race in the game either. I think the story may revolve around some =][= presence coming to clean up the sector.

I've been away for 2 weeks so can we have a summary post?

I can get to the B&C from work but not to Warseer, so I can't really provide the summary; however, if you go to the Warseer 40k rumours section and look for the thread "SM's August Grey Knights..." (something or other like that), Mr. Stickmonkey has updated his opening post for that thread with all of the actual rumors.

Maybe the OP for this thread can go over to Warseer and inport those updates into the first post in this thread, too.

Valerian

On Warseer, there has been a lot of juicy discussion on a lot of non-Grey Knight items revealed at Baltimore Games Day 2010.

So far it looks like FW have announced

-IA The Badab Wars part 1, should be out before Christmas (part 2 is about halfway complete)

-IA 11 will be Space Wolves vs. Eldar

-Eldar Titan

-Astral Claws character Lufgt Huron model

-Red Scorpions chief Librarian Sevrin Loth (Honour Guard inclusion?)

-Bionics conversion sprue (Iron Hands players rejoice!)

-Possible heavy Grot tank

-Possible transfers for many chapters, including Space Sharks, Lamenters

-Brass etch Flesh Tearers decals spotted

-Decal sheet for Red Scorpions, Iron Hands, Imperial Fists, etc spotted

It still looks like there is no news for Dark Eldar, but those are most of the juicy bits from the Warseer thread on what's been displayed.

EDIT: Copy-posted? Lol

(updated 8-12-2010): GK Annointed Armor: All GKs (TA, PA, AA, etc.) wear ornate armor which has been blessed and annointed to provide additional protection both physically and spiritually. Any GK may always Re-roll any failed armor, invul, or cover saves.

From Stickymonkey, that is ridiculous. Then again I would have to say it would mean there would be very few actual Grey Knights on the board. Look at the 2k points list to see what I mean (take out the things that are pretty deffinite for points such as the Stormraven)

So far, my Daemon/Chaos (and Eldar/Marine) friends are in agreement that the 'Chaos Icon making GK DS' bit is bad. It's one thing for us to get rules specific to ne army or type (which the 'Out the heretic' is a great rule to help versus other armies), but to make a couple of armies specific wargear effect us badly.

That's just a cheap attempt at balancing, and really makes little sense. Chaos Icons don't effect 'normal' Marines or other armies DS, but for some reaosn they will when facing the army designed to well, face them.

Silly really.

Maybe Grey Knights generally have super awesome deep strike skillz, unless they try to land too close to the chaos pennant.

I dunno, from a fluffy perspective, I'd've been more inclined to write the rule to the effect that the knights were able to use hostile Icons as homing beacons, or even let the knights assault after deep striking next to an Icon in the style of their foes.

hate to say this but in the announcement trailer it shows the imperial gaurd in the multiplayer so from that moment in the trailer the new race is most likely the gaurd. and since this is the internet where pics or leave is rule. pause at 30 seconds on this trailer

Oh dont give up on SoB just yet, im still addng to my army, still have a Repentia squad im nearly finished, 2 Battle Squads and just ordered a Excorsist form GW for the Organ to go on my Fortress of Redemption conversion (am replacing the missile silo with an Excorsist launcher).

Also i plan to buy two more Repressors in the next few weeks as i want to be able field Convocation of Wrath formation.

Oh am using the left overs from the Excorsist for a Immolator and the side metal armour for my Cannoness's Repressor tank.

See all this to be done and then wait patiently for a new SoB release one day, that and i have a 15000 poit battle coming up agaisnt my friends BA/DA's apoc army.

Dont give up, they are still competitive army, hey ive only lost less than 5 times in all the games ive played.

So last time I so much as logged in was well over a month ago (June, July I think it said) so I'm going to ask you folks who didn't decide not to log in.

Seeing as reading some 20 odd pages on the B&C isn't what I can justify as a sane idea.

Has there been any mention of the Witch hunters yet? :huh:

There weren't any last time, so I'm not hoping. But asking never hurts, right?

Now I'll go back to lurking as normal.

Cheers!

Well, there's been this fron StickMonkey:

May be my last post for a while as I'm heading to the jungle for a few months...and I'm unsure if I'll have even electricity in the village right now...

Anyhow, looking forward at 40k, I'm going to put down my forecast for 40k codex releases. May or may not be accurate, but its a best guess based on what bits I know...or think I know.

Nov/Q4 - DE

Jan/Q1 - GK (may be as late as March)

Late spring/Q2 - Necrons

Early Fall/Q3 - Witch hunters or Black Templar

Late Fall/Q4 - Tau

Early Spring/Q1 - Black Templar or Witch hunters

Late Spring/Summer/Q2 - 40k 6E

Early Fall/Q3 - 40k Box Set Eldar Vs ??? (plastic aspect warriors?)

Late Fall/Q4 - Eldar

Early Spring/Q1 - Dark Angels

Late Spring/Q2 - Chaos SM

Fall/Q3+ - vanilla SM

I know I'm going way far out, and anything beyond 2011 is going purely into speculation, but I've had conversations that seem to support some of this so time will tell.

Pretty sure that if the claims of GW wanting to do the older codicies first are true that Sisters' will be after Necrons in the second '-hunters' wave. Necrons seem true, inbetween the girls and the 'knights to break it up between the Imperial releases, etc.

Stickmonkey must have those later releases wrong. GW have already said that they want all armies updated before they release a 40k 6th edition.

ELdar are one of the more frontline armies in 40k, there is no way they won't get an update before a new ruleset hits, same with Orks.

Stickmonkey must have those later releases wrong. GW have already said that they want all armies updated before they release a 40k 6th edition.

ELdar are one of the more frontline armies in 40k, there is no way they won't get an update before a new ruleset hits, same with Orks.

Are you sure someone from GW said that? I remember hearing that Jervis (I think), said that all current armies would continue to be supported (so no army is in danger of being "Squated"), but I don't remember any promises about completing all new codices prior to 6th Edition. The Orks don't even need an update; since that codex was made so late in Fourth Edition, it was already tailor-made to be ready for the release of 5th. Trust me, I have 3,000+ points of Orks and I neither need nor want an update any time soon.

Additionally, assuming GW continues with the same design philosophy of the past 3 editions, 6th will continue to be a slow evolution of a few minor aspects of the game, so it won't really effect much if it drops before all codices have been revised for 5th. The last "revolution" in the games ruleset ocurred with the release of 3rd; it was so drastically different to 2nd that they had to provide rudimentary army lists for every faction in the back of the main rulebook, just so folks could play games, until they had a chance to churn out full new codices for everyone.

V

My prediciton for 6th Edition (You read it here first! ^_^).

6th Edition will once again swing the balance back away from Assault to Shooting. Making Shooting and Moral from casualties have more impact. CC prowess will be lessened.

6th will conincide with the release of the Tau Codex, the premier 40K Shooting army. And a generic Space Marine 'dex, of course!

;)

You forgot something: Sisters will get a new dex 3 months before 6th ed. This will massively rebalance the codex towards CC (with new CC celestians and seraphims). After all, we must stick to traditions :) Kidding apart, JJ promised all codice done in a 5 years cycle, right after 5th ed. came out. Since the WH40k rules turnover is around 5 years, every codex should get redone... At 3 dex per year, though, it's going to be thight.

Phil

Regarding DoW, the way the system is set up you select an army and one of three commanders for it - for example, a marine captain, apothrecary, or techmarine.

Current rumor is the Guard commanders will be a commander, commissar, and an inquisitor. Note that it is the commander and not base or army selection that can determine certain unit selection - for example, terminators are 'produced' by your hero and not your production building. It is totally plausible (but completely unconfirmed) that the inquisitor hero will enable Grey Knight unit(s).

Regarding DoW, the way the system is set up you select an army and one of three commanders for it - for example, a marine captain, apothrecary, or techmarine.

Current rumor is the Guard commanders will be a commander, commissar, and an inquisitor. Note that it is the commander and not base or army selection that can determine certain unit selection - for example, terminators are 'produced' by your hero and not your production building. It is totally plausible (but completely unconfirmed) that the inquisitor hero will enable Grey Knight unit(s).

Nuts, I was hoping for a Cannoness as a leader for an Inquisition faction.

Also, what does a commisar produce that a Commander would not?

What does Dawn of War have to do with this thread?

Archived