Rise of the Imperium (formely Rise of the Emperor)

calgar101

Awesome story man :)! can't wait to see what happens next. Also love the way you got the Void Dragon in there, will the Emperor be going after the crons next?

Also just a thought but, now that nobody remembers the Horus Heresy do the Blood Angels still have black rage and red thirst? If they do I wonder how Sanguinius will react to it.

Love the stories, keep it up!

Thanks manofmanynames, well since his death kind of didnt happen now then the black rage doesn't exist. But the red thirst still does for now :)

Angels_Blade the Emperor was always powerful but now he is a god and the belief in him by the Imperial citizens, Space Marines and Primarchs empower him even further just the same was the chaos gods are fed by the emotions of the the myriad of races that inhabit the galaxy.

Robute Guilliman surveyed the rotating hololith of the planet of Orian. Two of the planets Hive cities had already surrendered to the Tau. Robute felt the rage build up inside of him, cursing the names of the Hive Governors. He had 150,000 Space Marines under his command, the rest of his 600,000 strong legion either still engaged in battles or on its way to rendezvous at Macragge. The last bastion of Imperial rule upon Orian was the Hive city of Oslia, its 10 million strong PDF had managed to keep the invading Tau at bay.

Marneus Calgar stood opposite his Primarch and even now after a month of having been reunited, Calgar and the other gathered Chapter Masters and other high ranking officers still couldn’t quite believe that Robute Guilliman their Primarch was stood before them. Better still; the most Beneficent God Emperor of Mankind once again walked the stars.

“These Tau, what are they like? How do they fight?” Robute asked his entourage, having never encountered the Tau before.

“Well sire, they are an ambitious, naïve and foolish race. They believe they can unite various races under the banner of this ‘Greater Good’ idea, they dare to encroach upon the Emperors domain!” Calgar’s voice was full of utter disdain.

“What is their method of warfare my son” Guilliman enquired further.

“They utilise long range fire power and rapid redeployment, lacking the stomach and physique for close combat. Two other races fight under the Tau banner, the Kroot an avian like race are the combat element of the Tau and the Vespid are an insect like race who with their wings add mobility to the Tau force, their weapons however are capable of puncturing Power armour.” Calgar explained. Robute nodded his great tactical mind already in the process of formulating a plan no doubt.

“How many suits of Tactical Dreadnought Armour do we have?” Robute asked, to no one in particular.

“We have access to 4000 suits at current my lord” came the mechanized voice of Fennias Maxim; the Ultramarines Master of the Forge.

“All veterans can be equipped with these suits and lightning claws I presume?” Robute asked.

“Yes sire, they can also be equipped with thunder hammers and storm shields too” Fennias responded.

“Thunder hammers are hammers that energize an energy field upon impact sire, whilst a storm shield is a bulky shield that generates a blue energy field capable of resisting both ranged and melee attacks” Fennias explained, noticing his Primarchs confusion and curiosity at the mention of such weapons.

“May we know what you are planning?” asked Faray, former Chapter Master of the Eagle Warriors, his deep and powerful voice echoed around the command room.

“Of course” Robute replied, smiling.

Very nice, only I think that Thunder Hammers and Storm Shields and lightning claws, for that matter, were all around in the Heresy. Maybe have him confused at things like the Crusader and the Assault Cannon.

Skirax: That was specially built/made for him right? That could be a precursor for the 'modern' thunder hammers(how ironic, the loyalists using weapons based on a traitor Primarchs weapon just like how the Imperial faith is based on the works of Lorgar :P but i digress). If you look in the chaos codex they dont use thunder hammers nor storm shields and thats a good guide to what the pre heresy legions had :P

And Alecto thank you for that comment :P

Later i'll add another chapter, possible 5 depending on how i feel :P

The story is great, keep it up, but there were lots of weapons back then that Chaos don't have now. I know, for a fact, that Thunderhammers were developed during the heresy. For example, Perturabo's Hammer, Dorn's Hammer, and there are mentions in the Heresy novels.

Perturabos hammer was a gift from Horus to seal the deal of betrayal. The weapons that the loyalists now are all fairly new, hence why the Chaos legions do not have them and are a good idea to know what weapons the pre heresy legions had.

The darkened sky was lit up by countless orange dots streaking towards the planets surface.

“Aun’Sha, look up at the sky!” the Shas’ O cried out. It was too late; the first wave of drop pods had already slammed in to the ground. Their side doors opened like a blossoming flower at speed, slamming into the ground. The dust and smoke was pierced by missiles; as the drop pods machine spirits activated their death wing missile launchers. The Tau became disorganized as fire warriors were reduced to bloody pulps as drop pods landed among their ranks; more were mauled by the missile salvos. Devilfish troop carriers and Hammer head tanks were blown apart as their side armour was penetrated by the missiles, explosions tore the tanks apart sending fire balls high up into the sky. It was a scene of utter chaos and devastation as the Tau forces were sent reeling the Shas’ Os unable to maintain order. Yet even still more drop pods were hurtling towards them.

He was up and running towards the nearest enemy even before any of his legion and before the Tau could react. His bolt pistol spat round after round in to the nearest fire warriors, in his right hand he held the Sword of Konor, and the beautifully crafted blade was surrounded by a shimmering blue energy field. He could smell their fear, as he thundered towards them. They had never seen a Primarch before; Space Marines were scary enough but the demi-god that Roboute was terrifying for them. Bolter fire filled the air as the newly arrived drop pods revealed their deadly occupants.

“Kill these foul abominations! For the Emperor” Guilliman roared, his voice like thunder.

“With Courage and Honour!” they roared back.

Jumped packed marines leapt into the sky, their bolt pistols rang out praise to the Emperor, their chain swords adding to the din of battle. The Tau were attempting to retreat however the Ultramarines would not allow this. All around them drop pods still plummeted to the ground, smashing through Devil fish and Hammer Head tanks and fire warriors alike. Terminators were now starting to teleport in, storm bolters and assault cannons began to add to the chatter of bolter fire; ripping through the Tau ranks as if they were paper.

“Press on the attack brothers!” Calgar bellowed, smashing apart a Broadside battle suit with the Gauntlets of Ultramar. He ran forwards toward more Tau, his in-built bolters firing away tearing them to shreds. The Tau that were not fleeing tried to return fire back in vain; the Marines that were hit shrugged it off; not wanting to fail in the presence of their Primarch. Another swipe of his power sword saw Cato Sicarius behead a foe; he ran toward some Crisis battle suits leaving dismembered bodies in his wake.

Roboute ran at a group of foolish Kroot mercenaries, they fired their crude rifles at him, the shots bounced off his amour like rain drops. The enraged Primarch leapt at them, he swung the Sword of Konor in a down ward sweep as he flew over the Kroot heads; even before he had landed their heads were rolling on the floor, leaving the bodies to fall to the ground blood spurting out like fountains.

It was a scene of utter carnage, fires burned and bodies fell like leaves; there was no where to hide the Tau would all die.

As dawn broke the fires still raged, dead Tau and Kroot littered the floor. The majority of the Tau had fled back towards their main base; there was no way of this world though their fleet was no a bunch of space detritus. Heavy armour such as predators and whirlwinds had now been deployed upon the planets surface.

“My Lord, when do we pursue the foul Xenos?” Chapter Master Lord Magyar enquired; his lust for battle had not yet subsided.

“Soon” Roboute replied, raising his voice so every one could hear. “The scout force will tail the retreating Tau to see if they are linking up to a bigger force, then like a hammer we will deliver a mighty blow!” the Primarch added.

“Courage and Honour!” the Ultramarines shouted back.

“Aun’Sha, what are your orders?” Shas’ O Korli asked.

The Ethereal was staring dumfounded; images of the previous night flooded his head. He could still smell the burning fires; still hear the screams of the dying. He was an Ethereal, he was not meant to be on the front line. He felt safer now; he was miles away from the what he regarded as savages; the Space Marines. The huge figure he’d never seen before kept haunting him. The cadre of fire warriors and Kroot that had survived were milling about wearily, they do were haunted about the previous battle. Witnessing their fellow comrades being slaughtered brutally was having a deep psychological effect on them.

“My fellow Tau, last night we saw first hand how savage and brutal the Space Marines can be. There can be no diplomacy or negotiations with them. There is no time to mourn the deaths of your fellow Tau and Kroot, we must rally and show those Space Marines the consequences of resisting the Greater Good” Aun’Sha spoke, exuberating a calmness about him.

“Sergeant Telion, I want you to lead a company of scouts after the Tau, to glean as much information as you can” Guilliman ordered.

“Yes my Lord, I will not fail.” Telion replied, bowing.

Several squads formed up around Telion, they wore camo cloaks that blended in with the desert landscape.

Each squad was made up of five sniper rifle wielding scouts and one member carried either a missile launcher or heavy bolter loaded with hellfire rounds.

“We are tasked by our Primarch, we will not fail him!” Telion orated, inspiring his force.

“For Guilliman and for the Emperor” they cried out.

Archived