Rise of the Imperium (formely Rise of the Emperor)

calgar101

Small teaser.

The room began to shake slightly as a gargantuan door in the floor began to rumble open, great jets of steam shot into the air; as pistons the size of a titans leg and cogs as wide as a Rhino APC began to whirr and drive into life. What seemed to be a huge mosaic Aquila upon the Throne Room floor turned out to be a pair of giant doors. Slowly they rumbled open, to reveal the Imperial Webway. The Emperor was now standing with Dorn at the forefront of the Astarte and Custodian force. He had no idea what to expect but the Emperor would be prepared for combat none the less.

Oh and please please please could all readers comment? Makes me feel appreciated and loved which then gives me motivation to write more, see its a good cycle :) Other wise i just feel like an Imperial servito :geek:

I've enjoyed this story immensely so far, and I'm eager for your take on the Imperial Webway. I would almost say it wouldn't be quite as elegant as the Eldar pieces, but would still be incredibly sophisticated compared to modern Imperial tech. Remember it is going to be heavily damaged by daemonic intrusion, but its also a very big piece of the Webway (Warhound Titans can walk though those doors I believe)

Just thought of this and it might help, but I kind of think of the Webway as a medium between the Warp and Reality. Its ordered chaos, paradox, formed out of formlessness etc. So get real crazy with it :P Especially with 10k years of holes and stuff in it to make it crazier.

Did i leave Alpharius out? To me the whole concept of Primarch twins and the Emperor not knowing and the whole Cabal and "we must kill humanity to save the galaxy" thing in Legion to me is a pile of tosh and so im ignoring it sorry.

The room began to shake slightly as a gargantuan door in the floor began to rumble open, great jets of steam shot into the air; as pistons the size of a titan’s leg and cogs as wide as a Rhino APC began to whirr and drive into life. What seemed to be a huge mosaic Aquila upon the Throne Room floor turned out to be a pair of giant doors. Slowly they rumbled open, to reveal the Imperial Webway. The Emperor was now standing with Dorn at the forefront of the Astarte and Custodian force. He had no idea what to expect but the Emperor would be prepared for combat none the less.

Dorn had heard rumours of what the fabled Eldar Webway had looked like but this was completely different. Instead of beautiful, pearl white walls of wraith bone these walls were covered in sheets of adamantium converging into the darkness above to form a tunnel. Dorn reasoned a mighty Emperor Titan could walk un-bent along the tunnel and that at least five of these machines could walk easily down it side by side. Even with his superior vision Dorn could see the end of the tunnel for there was little light. Other than a few torches upon the walls who flames danced flamboyantly up the walls the only other light source came from rune of power and wards of protection. Etched into the walls millennia ago these glowed many different colours as the power of the Empyrean flowed through them like a river. Some however remained dull; shattered by Magnus’s warning, the one He should have heeded long ago.

These and Magnus’s filling of the Golden Throne kept the daemonic forces from flooding this tunnel and the Throne Room. Some of the more powerful ones could breach ‘real space’ into the tunnel. However once the Emperor had completed his work here this tunnel would be impregnable and impervious to the attentions of daemonic forces and their vengeful and twisted masters.

The mindless servitors shuffled forwards, carrying more sheets of adamantium; Tech Priests followed, unable to comprehend what they were seeing. The Adeptus Custodes encircled The Emperor, the Grey Knights and Imperial Fists warriors took up combat readiness; the three Grey Knight Grand Masters, a cadre of their Terminators; Dorn and the ‘Fists of Dorn’; a company of a thousand Imperial Fists all wear Terminator Armour, also stood around the Emperor. Both Constantin Valdor and Rogal Dorn stood next to the Emperor himself.

Many of the Imperial Fists and Grey Knights still couldn’t believe they were in the presence of the Emperor; this would be perhaps the greatest honour they ever would achieve.

“What now sire?” Dorn asked, his voice low and commanding.

“We wait for the Tech Priests and servitors to fulfil their task and then I can add the psychic wards and secure this from Chaos for all eternity” the Emperor replied, his olive skin face portraying a determined and stern look.

“Do you expect much trouble?” Dorn asked.

“No, a few of the larger demonic entities may force their way here but the real trouble will be when I open the Wraith Gate. A have no doubt an Eldar war host will be gathering to oppose us”.

“Then we will kill them” Dorn exclaimed.

The Emperor looked forwards, a look of pure concentration on his face. His outline shimmered, as if he was fluxing between realities.

Don't have alot of free time recently, so not sure if i can continue this story.

So its finally come to this, has it? (*cocks bolt pistol and puts on peaked red and black cap) Remember, trooper, that in the Imperium, it takes more courage to retreat than advance! FIGHT ON! AND IF YOU ARE THE LAST MAN STANDING, YOU AREN'T FIGHTING HARD ENOUGH!

I am the Emperor; my word is finally and absolute, my powers know no limits. As i command so shall it be done. You Calgar101 shall finish this story or your soul shall be obliterated for all eternity!

Ermm yea so with that i think i will do this, Perturabo will be finished tomorrow.

Archived