All Terminator Space Wolf Guard

Lol.Nice one, Kid.

And boy people take this hobby way too seriously. They have some valid points here and there but come on....Games Workshop has enough lawyers to defend it's honor all on it's own.

Warhammer is like Build-a-Bear...you take can take as much of the "fluff" as you want and cram it together with extra bits of your own to create a cuddly creature tailored to your own personal degree of comfort. It's my bear darn it!

Rewriting the 40k history/timeline/events....hmm...let me see...didn't I read something like that recently? Now hold on I'll remember....oh that's right it was called The Dornian Her....................*gets cut off by the Inquisition* :)

no 40k is not like a Build-a-Bear. the goal is not to create something "cuddly", i totally agree with the guy above but at risk of getting banned ill just say, if you dont take the hobby seriously enough to defend it, what the f are you doing on this forum?

Enjoying this HOBBY. That is what I am doing on this board. Take note, it is a game, a hobby, nothing that needs to be crusaded or have it's "honor" defended.

Just read/breezed/skimmed through the thread. The models are awesome! Also.. one of your girls needs to be named Andromeda or Andra for short ("ruler of men")... Seems kinda obvious... but that's just me :P

There is some growing concern about some of the direction this thread is going in.

Although i understand that we are all each entitled to our own opinions, whilst in a public forum, we do ask that personal opinions be expressed in a constructive manner.

Thus, let us all try to maintain that open yet constructive manner in which we post as it would be a shame to have to seal this thread away on potentially trivial matters.

To all potential "Haters";

DON'T READ THIS POST IF YOU DISLIKE IT! Simple as that. Obviously your divorced mommies and daddies never sat you down and told you "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all".

And to anyone who takes up arms FOR the game, WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!?!?!?!? You A: do not own the company, name, rights or any portion of said game/hobby and B: are therefore in no position to speak on behalf of its creators/writers and what they would want/wouldn't want.

If you hate the girlminators fine, but be a man and post something constructive or don't post at all. Don't hide behind fake walls of "The fluff says this" or "the creator would turn in his grave or cry himself to sleep". Grow a pair, tell Kid something useful or constructive or shove it.

To Kid:

LOVE the work! The painting seems a little to the Anime extreme for my tastes but as it's been said before: "Your sculpting skills far surpass ANYTHING I could do".

Which reminds me! (You owe me a "Gregory the Pimp" crushed velvet hat!)

There is some growing concern about some of the direction this thread is going in.

Although i understand that we are all each entitled to our own opinions, whilst in a public forum, we do ask that personal opinions be expressed in a constructive manner.

Thus, let us all try to maintain that open yet constructive manner in which we post as it would be a shame to have to seal this thread away on potentially trivial matters.

Oh what a tragedy, heres some constructive criticism grow up, no matter how you paint no matter how you sculpt, there are no female space marines in 40k, If your depiction were some form of pro-feminist statement i might at least appreciate your effort, but all you've done is create some sick expression of your own deviancy. Thusly your not playing warhammer 40k and as this is a warhammer40k forum you do not belong here. so, as much as i've thoroughly enjoyed your sailor moon-american gladiator cross-over it's time this thread was locked. Hopefully the Mods wise up and realize it. Go ahead and ban me in you never ending quest to destroy freedom of speech, delete this post if you want, after seeing this thread im not really sure i want to come back to this site anyway, to say nothing of this thread(shudder). and to all of you defending this travesty, to all of you talking about "taking things to seriously" the Tau forum is that way, the warmachine forum is that way, Otakon is that way, ect.

DON'T READ THIS POST IF YOU DISLIKE IT! Simple as that. Obviously your divorced mommies and daddies never sat you down and told you "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all".

And to anyone who takes up arms FOR the game, WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!?!?!?!? You A: do not own the company, name, rights or any portion of said game/hobby and B: are therefore in no position to speak on behalf of its creators/writers and what they would want/wouldn't want.

If you hate the girlminators fine, but be a man and post something constructive or don't post at all. Don't hide behind fake walls of "The fluff says this" or "the creator would turn in his grave or cry himself to sleep". Grow a pair, tell Kid something useful or constructive or shove it.

To Kid:

LOVE the work! The painting seems a little to the Anime extreme for my tastes but as it's been said before: "Your sculpting skills far surpass ANYTHING I could do".

Whoah, internet tough guy. I'm not intimidated by your rantings. What do you have against children of divorce? wow your prejudiced Ill post in any thread i want and you cant do anything about it haha. Btw its not a fake wall of "The fluff says this" its a real wall, made of well, fluff. im not speaking on there behalf, the were the one who said there are no female space marines, they're speaking on MY behalf.

PS i have a pair, just ask your mom.

She's a little loli-goth complete with parisole, and I would assume that the rest of her chapter died in some heroic

fashion which is why she's chilling out with the girlwoofz. I have already started her, and I have noticed that umbrellas are the hardest thing EVER to make. I think I'll be using her as a Wolf Guard Battle Leader, with a "Frost Blade" and Power first.

I should have some pictures up of the model tonight but I wanted to put these up first as a show of the process.

EDIT: i googled "loli-goth" you guys are defending a pedo...

For goodness sake Popkhorne man up and realise you cant change anyones mind!!!

The whole idea of the hobby is to have fun, not to have a million-zero win-loss ratio and a fluff-bound, no-nonsense army and attitude that destroys children's dreams (not sure how old you are Kid but this is just and example)! Even the creators and GW staff say this- to a point where its even in the rulebooks! If Kid wants to make an army of crazy-ass woman in armour they should never b able to bear then he is completely allowed to, though he may not be allowed entry into tournaments he can play with friends and strangers alike, hell, I'd give him as many games as possible just for such a unique and fun idea! You say they are unrealistic, this is a universe where we have alien cockroaches eating entire planets, robots that cant die, aliens that eat our souls to survive, psychic powers, DAEMONS, and even friking genetically engineered super-humans!. Oh, and there's the fact that we somehow managed to get the entire of the human race to stop fighting each other for a while.

Back to the actual topic these are actually one of the best ideas I've seen in a while Kid, absolutely brilliant and unique. Really love the army.

@Mods: I know you only want constructive criticism about Kid's army but I just really can't stand people trying to crush other peoples idea's and fun. Sorry for the little rant I had, it wont happen again

To Kid:

Whoah, internet tough guy. I'm not intimidated by your rantings. What do you have against children of divorce? wow your prejudiced Ill post in any thread i want and you cant do anything about it haha. Btw its not a fake wall of "The fluff says this" its a real wall, made of well, fluff. im not speaking on there behalf, the were the one who said there are no female space marines, they're speaking on MY behalf.

PS i have a pair, just ask your mom.

She's a little loli-goth complete with parisole, and I would assume that the rest of her chapter died in some heroic

fashion which is why she's chilling out with the girlwoofz. I have already started her, and I have noticed that umbrellas are the hardest thing EVER to make. I think I'll be using her as a Wolf Guard Battle Leader, with a "Frost Blade" and Power first.

I should have some pictures up of the model tonight but I wanted to put these up first as a show of the process.

EDIT: i googled "loli-goth" you guys are defending a pedo...

Mods? Wanna take the trash out?

In other news,

Kid, I love the creativity and the time you have poured into this project. I know a lot of people get up in arms about fun armies(especially any female marine armies), but....I think a huge part of this hobby is the creativity and self expression. Remember the #1 rule of this game...to have fun!

The termies look lovely, you've done a great job sculpting them. I do like the colour scheme you used on them. The wolf priest and lone wolf are gorgeous.

What has the general IRL reaction been from people in your area to this force? From start to finish, how many hours did you end up putting into this?

Really, you have inspired my creativity with thinking outside of the box.

I think popkhorne, you are really pushing the limit quite a bit. At least try to be constrcutive in your comments. This is a MODELLING thread, not something in the Amicus. If you wish to debate these matters, please do it elsewhere. This thread is not for rants about background.

OT: Kid, you got anymore? I can't wait to see any artwork you have.

Kid Famous I think your work shows real promise. GS skills need a bit of work but hey, that's the only REAL gripe that belongs here. I for one enjoy seeing your interpretation of things. Run with it I say, can't wait to see more!!!

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae8/edcastro-album/600full-white-knight-chronicles--international-edition-cover.jpg

^ This thread.

I don't get it...

Ok folks, once again the mods have to step in. Folks like PopKhorne who don't seem to have the capacity for constructive criticism are getting their last notice in this regard. You are free to dislike the models/painting you are even free to say as much. Constructive Criticism doesn't mean you have to like everything but you are expected to at least offer something to help the person improve.

Trolling, flaming and other nonsense will not be tolerated. Kid Famous is not the one breaking the rules of this board, even if the content doesn't fit into the Mainstream 40k fluff (at least to many of us - myself included), but then neither does the Dornian Heresy.......

Next person to blow off in a manner inconsistent with rules of this site gets a vacation. Understand there are rules here and you are expected to follow them, failure to do so has consequences. Like the rules, hate the rules I don't really care, but you will follow them when posting here.

Beyond not getting the Knight thing, I find myself ABSOLUTELY confused at how serious some people take themselves over table top war GAMES. Holy crap dude, take a deep breath, put some ice on that wrist and when you're all done masturbating and check this forum again, please realize that you don't matter. People with skill and imagination will probably always irk you, but you are powerless to do anything but rant and rave about nothing. Your own personal short-comings won't change because you belittle or berate others who are better than you or otherwise.

Back on topic:

I think that Girl Wolves don't need Boy wolves to make more Girl Wolves....there should be a model or two that (sort of) explains that if you catch my drift. And for the not so subtle, you should just sculpt one giving birth to a wolf. You will single handedly destroy the inter-webs if you do so, as the trolling and outrage will be unending, causing every network on earth to crash all at once.

But I have heard rumors of a new Leslie sculpt........and I can't wait!!!

Ah, I see you've all been on your "Best" behavior while I've been gone. :P

I wish they made cliff-notes for this thread. lol

Ok, well lets start with:

@The Normish: I think it was supposed to be Thousand Sons, and Crimson Suns, but I really have to type it out. Anything that's on college rule is not a final draft. hahaha. I also didn't do anything really with Death Guard or Night Lords. But again this is stuff that I have doodled during class. But I like the Alpha Marines with the "A's" everywhere. lol

@HunterEste: Thanks for the kind words. Actually there was only one main opposer and that was Big Mike, and that was only at first, he kept telling me I was using my powers for evil. lol But he likes them now. But other than that most people at the game store like or better them. Every tournament people will take pictures of the newest girls or suggest new ones. I am not sure if that means they like playing against them though. I would say for sure that Leslie has claimed more than her fair share of games by herself, and people tend to be upset by that. Which I can understand, she's a nightmare, worth every drop of her 275 points. Which has led for people to come up with some "colorful" nicknames for her. But the meanest part of the list would have to be the wound allocation in 5th ed which allows for the girls to really just never die.

As far as a total number of hours goes....well.... I started in January. I would say each girl not including the full sculpts and the not sculpts, probably took about 4-5 hours each (Thats an average, including putty curing time but I was able to do like 2 or 3 at a time in the first run). so there's currently 23 girls, plus Leslie and the Rune Priest, and the 7 scouts (4 of which were full sculpts), The 10 Power Armored Girls and Ragna Redmane (Who was also a full sculpt.) So full sculpts would probably have been 8-14 hours or more for them.

So for sculpting that would be about...152 hours of sculpting.

And painting well...this is like the third time I finished the painting... The first time I did power line and it was like 2 weeks at 4 hours everyday so thats like 48. Then I touched them up over the course of the escalation league until July. So that's probably another 20 hours.

Now that I'm repainting them again I'm doing them each by themselves. It takes about 2-3 days of 5 hours each day I work on them... so I have Like 10 done so far so thats 150 hours there and I'm halfway done repainting them.

So that's 340 something total project, that doesn't include tank building or drawing. It's a long time lol but I hardly notice.

But that all still probably makes me insane. :huh:

@ That-Guy: I wish you weren't being that guy. But, there WILL be another Leslie sculpt before the army's all said and done, and a new land raider (Crusader) as well. Which I'm already halfway through building.

@Firenze: I have lots of art but this is a space marine forum so I can't really post anymore unless it's space marine related, but I will be drawing a few comics to go along with this army. Look for those at some point.

@ S. Bloodhowl: Thanks for the handy tips :D

@TerminatorinHell: <3

That was a mouthful, to everyone else thanks for the attention. :D

Now onto business...

From the darkest reaches of space the galaxy terrorizing and newly re-equipped

GHIDORA SORROWFANG!

http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx194/ginocoolowski2020/ghidora1.jpg

http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx194/ginocoolowski2020/ghidora2.jpg

http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx194/ginocoolowski2020/ghidora3.jpg

http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx194/ginocoolowski2020/ghidora4.jpg

I really like how her shield and shoulder pad came out. Her hair is nice too.

She used to have a storm bolter and a storm shield but she got moved to the Unkillable Pack that rides in the Crusader with Leslie. ;) Her armor needs more highlighting in places, and I forgot to put up a picture of her back, oh well. Tomorrows another day.

Comments, Concerns, Suggestions, And Cold Hard Cash

All Welcome!

:lol:

Okay, I ve been lurking on these forums for a long time but when i saw this thread i had to make an acc and reply. What is wrong with you people? How have the mods managed to not ban this thread yet? something like this would never have happened on dakka. If you actually read Popkhornes posts you would see that he makes some very valid points, and so what if hes harsh about it? when i go to a warhammer forum, i expect to see warhammer, not this. Please lock this thread for the sake of all the true fans out there, who dont want to see there hobby become, an manga.

Oh and a white knight is when someone protects some other person on the internet, presuming doing so will make them look better or doing so will earn them respect/attention,

Posts merged -- please make use of the edit function in the future. -- Kurgan

Like people have said before, this isn't Amicus Aedes or a particular army's forum. This is Work In Progress meaning there is obviously going to be some home made stuff. Do female marines conform to 40k? No, obviously not. People have been banned and threads have been locked for getting out of control or getting to heated but women do exist in 40k. Sisters of Battle, need I say more. Is Kid allowed to post his work here? I see no reason why he wouldn't; lets face it, Girls or no they're in Terminator Armor, not Imperial Guard or Eldar. In the end this is Kid's interpretation of something. Fluffwise or Not, Like it or not no one is making you look at it.

He has his right to post his models, female or not.

@KFTP You gotta make a girl with my chapter colors :Troops:

Excellent idea, mine too (just with a little more armor on mine, thanks, I'm a Catholic).

GHIDORA SORROWFANG (all-caps, eh?)'s hair looks a little strange to me, can't exactly say why. Maybe it has something o do with the way it falls over her eyes.y

Archived