All Terminator Space Wolf Guard

I warned you Kid! I really did! A thousand members of the B&C descend upon you! Their text walls will blot out the sun!

Anyways, the painting is coming along great. And your latest set of legs looks quite good with the extra muscle work. Though, I think they are right about the faces. Nevertheless, I think you should still try sculpting the faces yourself.

I warned you Kid! I really did! A thousand members of the B&C descend upon you! Their text walls will blot out the sun!

Anyways, the painting is coming along great. And your latest set of legs looks quite good with the extra muscle work. Though, I think they are right about the faces. Nevertheless, I think you should still try sculpting the faces yourself.

Then I will sculpt my Lady Terminators in the shade!

I'm glad someone remembered to comment about the painting too lol.

Again, I think that some of the faces came out well. But it's probably the hardest part of a figure to sculpt, and I'm going to get better at them by plowing through them and making my own.

Plus anatomy would dictate that there should be a bit more space before their chins start but the top of the terminator doesn't really allow for that so I just had to get them in there however I could. My faces fall at the corner of Logistics and Time. lol

This weekend is their first game, and I haven't finished the last 3, let alone named, based, armed and undercoated them yet.

It's going to be tight on time, but the painting deadline isn't really till the end of the month so I'm going to hustle the sculpts and then try to get the painting groove going and make them look really nice.

Thanks for the feedback, I will probably have pictures up of all of them in greens before the end of tomorrow.

Seems everytime someone brings out female SM the fan boys go berko. Lets all remember that they are little plastuic toys pushed around the table for fun.

That being said I like the concept and conception of your ladies. Whilst there are a few problems with proportions and hair etc as you said it is something that can only get better with practice.

You painting is solid for the short amount of time you have given yourself so all over a very nice looking army.

Anytime your in Brissy Id be glad to put my minis on the table against yours.

Cheers and good luck.

I'm not sure when I'll be in Australia next lol. But I'll try to stop by.

I finished all the bases last night, I just cut some cracks into the black bases themselves, and then built up a little bit on some of the bases out of green stuff that looked like cracked concrete. Then I added little patches of static rocks using PVA glue. I plan on even putting some sand in places maybe as snow or just more rubble.

I also finished the last three which means... I have to glue together some arms, add a few woofboy knives here and there and bam!

Models are done.

Which means tonight i'll be undercoating them all, bases included. I decided that would be the easiest way to base them. Although I ended up having to take them off their bases.

So I'm definitely going to be painting them without arms on. Because the terminator arms are huge and I don't want to have to try to work around them. Also It seems less imposing of a job if I paint the bodies on their own, then glue and paint the arms.

Hopefully I'll have time to take pictures of all the models finished without their arms before undercoating, but I'm not sure if I will have time.

So Until Later! ;)

All 16 models in my first 800pts are done. Thier arms are neatly constructed cleaned of flash in thier own special boxes (so I don't lose them). Thier bases are complete. I just cut some flagstone cracks into their bases and then put some extra static rocks and suck to make it look more like ruined urban terrain. It's time for the undercoat and to get painting started. I'll be painting the arms apart from the models cause it would be a paint to do it all together. And there's a lot of non-metallic metal areas where I'll get to "practice" my skillz (aka make myself crazy). But I can't slow down, I can't hold back. Only got a few weeks left. Then I get to start on grey knights and Logan himself. ;)

I took group shots for convienence but I'll be taking individual pics when I show the paint jobs. As you can see I added some doodads and such to them to make them look more feral ect.

You can also sort of see from this shot the last 4 girls I did, or any other girl I did who's almost entirely (or entirely) wearing terminator armor. I wanted some variation in the armor style, and for the sake of convienience I just did them this way. They turned out well.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd126/ginocoolowski/Woofz/allgirls3.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd126/ginocoolowski/Woofz/allgirls1.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd126/ginocoolowski/Woofz/allgirls2.jpg

Comments concerns ect welcome!

kid out!

woah these are some amazing sculpts you have made :o i kinda question the protection the power-bra and panties would offer though :jaw: do you have a particular reason to make female terminators or is just a fun side project? (sorry if i missed it somewhere, started skipping alot when i noticed the admin posts about deleted posts, figured i be reading a LOT of trolling if i rread it all ^_^)

nice work, I'll give you credit for not folding with all the hash comments thrown your way. yes, there may be a tad more cleavage out there than necessary but who cares. I happen to have a gw female marine made back in the 80s. she is ugly, but wearing high heeled space marine armor. so if gw can have a wet dream chick marine, anyone else can too. :rolleyes:

gallery_41925_3215_9401.jpg

gallery_41925_3215_107208.jpg

so just keep on sculpting those boobies! ;)

woah these are some amazing sculpts you have made ;) i kinda question the protection the power-bra and panties would offer though :rolleyes: do you have a particular reason to make female terminators or is just a fun side project? (sorry if i missed it somewhere, started skipping alot when i noticed the admin posts about deleted posts, figured i be reading a LOT of trolling if i rread it all ;))

Thanks! Yeah, Good thing you skipped some of that lol.

Everyone has gone up and down the wall with the "power-bra" thing. It was an aesthetic choice and I didn't rely on people buying into it's protection.

But really the main reasons for making this army are:

1-I want to play an army that showcases my sculpting ability and is completely unique (even though these sculpts could use a lot of work, some of them are just heads, and aren't amazing.)

2-Get an 800pt army ready by the end of the month. (which meant this or dark angles)

3- As for the whole female thing, i honestly just narrowed down what would be both within my range (for time and ability) and decided which would be the most unique and head turning army.

So I guess it's half a project to strengthen my skills as a sculptor, 1/4 having a really unique army that looks cool, 1/4 shock value.

By the way-

Here's a new model that I painted up today, actually I've been painting them all, most of the day. But I had to work and there was a lot of spray painting and initial inking that had to be done. So it was a lot of tank brushing and waiting for washes to dry. But I did manage do get all the basecoats done and have moved on to individual details and such.

Im just working on one at a time, and when stuff needs to dry on that one I'm going over more details on the rest. So It's like an assembly line, while I work very fine details into one model (it's wierd).

Anyway, give it a look. I'm still having hell and half with the FLIPPING GREY! It hurts so bad.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd126/ginocoolowski/Woofz/potemkingirl1.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd126/ginocoolowski/Woofz/potemkingirl2.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd126/ginocoolowski/Woofz/potemkingirl3.jpg

It's just painful, I got the red looking really good. And this model's NMM looks pretty decent (at least better than the last go at it) but that grey... Ugh.

If I was playing blood angles I'd be half way to 2000pts done by now. Red is like my color, which is why I try to work it in here and there.

The flesh looks good.

I just need some tips and tricks on space wolves' grey (or whatever, that color is now that i've had a go at it) The side with the crux looks good, but the rest is iffy.

PLZ HELP WITH PAINTING SPACE WOLVES GREY

K! THNKX

:D

nice work, I'll give you credit for not folding with all the hash comments thrown your way. yes, there may be a tad more cleavage out there than necessary but who cares. I happen to have a gw female marine made back in the 80s. she is ugly, but wearing high heeled space marine armor. so if gw can have a wet dream chick marine, anyone else can too. :rolleyes:

so just keep on sculpting those boobies! ;)

I want to bring them up everytime I get bashed, but it's like fighting back is dumb.

But I do remember those "female adventurers in power armor" you got there! lol

I believe the story is they came out way back in rogue trader, but once they didn't sell and wrote some ret-con

about where space marines come from they had to be re-tabbed to say they were just crazy ladies in power armor.

I think they leaving the possibility of girl marines would have been ok. But I'm fairly sure they would have been as scarce as those models.

Thanks! Yeah, Good thing you skipped some of that lol.

Everyone has gone up and down the wall with the "power-bra" thing. It was an aesthetic choice and I didn't rely on people buying into it's protection.

But really the main reasons for making this army are:

1-I want to play an army that showcases my sculpting ability and is completely unique (even though these sculpts could use a lot of work, some of them are just heads, and aren't amazing.)

2-Get an 800pt army ready by the end of the month. (which meant this or dark angles)

3- As for the whole female thing, i honestly just narrowed down what would be both within my range (for time and ability) and decided which would be the most unique and head turning army.

So I guess it's half a project to strengthen my skills as a sculptor, 1/4 having a really unique army that looks cool, 1/4 shock value.

AH! that explains it :) the army defenitly has a bigger "shock factor" :P seems to infer a certain kind of rage in our fellow gamers it seems though <_< you succeeded very nicely in showing your greenstuffing skills though, very unique characters :P

Don't know what the problem with the grey is, it looks good. If you mean the highlights, their kind of rough, only thing you can do about that is take more time and mix in more of the darker grey.

Seeing them painted makes them alot better then just the greenstuff, the detail are fine for the amount of time you spent on them.

Its a pity that there are no female space marines. Would have been cool...

I love the celtic style tatoo/warpaint. And that red is kinda intense. As for grey, are you going with the baby blue gey for GW Space Wolves or Grey like the most recent SW army in WD 359 (Dec 09)?

See I'm not sure. I like both and can't decide. I think that the blue space wolves are cool, but maybe they are a bit over done. I would like either really like blue like, ice blue. Or to just have a more cool grey than a blue grey. I'll explain my process if possible.

1-Undercoat black (i still do this stupid thing from 3rd gen)

2-base coat mix of astronomicon grey/shadow grey.

3-wash model with watered down black ink/brown ink/scorched brown/shadow grey mix ( I don't think this watered down enough)

4-Build up layers of the astronimicon grey/shadow grey mix on the armor. until it's sort of even.

5-work up highlights with atronimicon grey/white

I don't know, they seem too blue right now. and not even enough, I think my washes aren't thinned down enough.

I recommend you to watch these 3 videos, it was very instructive to me.

I liked his technique, and decided to adapt it to my Blood Angels.

Painting Spaces Wolves Terminator 1/3 (Beasts of war)

Painting Spaces Wolves Terminator 2/3 (Beasts of war)

Painting Spaces Wolves Terminator 3/3 (Beasts of war)

Enjoy the videos !

Oh, and I like your models :)

Oh man! Thanks for the help I'll totally check out those videos!

I'm at least glad to be painting again because it's fun. But I've already got lots of ideas an sketches ready for my grey knights

I've put up a few already but here's a few more of the individual knights. I doodled them all today. It was a good break from paying attention or talking to people :D

Grandmaster:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd126/ginocoolowski/masterjupiter.jpg

Regular Terminators/Captain

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd126/ginocoolowski/mercury.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd126/ginocoolowski/mars.jpg

I kind of went for the whole classic greek mythology and relief style.

I don't know why but grey knights seem like they are pretty ornate and it's easier to draw inspiration from

a particular source than to just try to make them ornate.

So I'm going with a different theme for each one, based on thier names (Planet's names) and gods or creatures assocciated with them, or just whatever I chose.

Like the first ones Jupiter, with lion icons (grandmaster)

2nd one is mercury with medusa/snake icons

3rd is rams for Mars I like the idea of a sleave of purity seals, just covering that one.

I also like the whole dark angels captain half sleave, I'll have to add some, and some of roman-esq leather hangies.

Let me know what you think, and I'll get back to painting wolf girls.

Love the new sketches! I really like the "driving" take on the terminator armor. If you were to make these bit bigger an more opposing than your space wolves, I think they would be great. The only thing that I think would be difficult would be to make the proportion of the girl vs the armor look right.

Love the new sketches! I really like the "driving" take on the terminator armor. If you were to make these bit bigger an more opposing than your space wolves, I think they would be great. The only thing that I think would be difficult would be to make the proportion of the girl vs the armor look right.

yeah, there's a lot to do to make them big enough. but I'm not too worried considering a few things.

1-there are tons of threads on the site about making 'true scale' marines, aka bigger marines. I can use of few of their tricks to help myself out.

2-Rules wise the Aegis and all the other special rules that apply the already best armor in the galaxy even better, means that if they are a lot wider and a bit taller than regular termies, that should be fine.

3-the bigger they are the more easily and more details I can cram onto them.

I'll probably start with whatever marine chunks I can cut up.

make my own feet, put space marine shins on a wire up to a chest that's like 2 chests wide and 1.5 chests high.

then take and build up the legs.

then cheat and cover the entire area between the legs with a big tabard. that way I won't have to build the legs up to be HUGE

on both sides, i just sidle in the tabard in the right place and the eye will assume the rest :P

should be a really fun project, a long with logan grimnar-girl.

;D

oh and thanks termieinhelly, i plan on putting all sorts of markings and tattoos all over them (one of the main reasons i left them so bear). :cuss

This is the newest and most finishedest termie girl.

I am really liking the models now that they are getting painted. I especially like the fist and bolter highlights, and the cape turned out really cool.

I dub thee Helena Icepunch

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd126/ginocoolowski/potemkingirl7.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd126/ginocoolowski/potemkingirl6.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd126/ginocoolowski/potemkingirl5.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd126/ginocoolowski/potemkingirl4.jpg

That cape is definitely some old banner that got blown apart in some artillery barrage. Maybe a hellstrike missile batter, or volcano cannon!

Either way, I really like that cape.

So tomorrow is my first league game, obviously I'm going into battle with just some base colors and washes on a lot of models, but at least I got my wolf flag flying.

Hopefully I'll give those sisters a run for their money (And by run, i Mean get killed by wolf claws!)

Sticks? Holdin. Heat 'em up! Smokin! Make 'em hard! READY!

Let's Show these Sisters How we do things on Fenris!

Archived