All Terminator Space Wolf Guard

female space marines DO NOT EXIST within the confines, of either the warhammer or warhammer 40k universe. if your going to try and use them you might as well be playing warmachine because your sure as hell not playing warhammer. I dont know why the idea of melding anime and warhammer appeals to you so much but please for the love of god keep them separate or go play the Tau. you must understand that a bikini clad supermodel/werewolf wearing armor she could neither lift nor wield is absolutely ridiculous even within the confines of a fantasy game. It is absolute disrespect to the creators of the game and its fluff as well as the sculptors of the models to disregard, all of there meticulously written material, simply because you like anime. the fluff is something your meant to work within "bending" but not "breaking" it so blatantly as you have. In all honesty this post disgusts me. -Tirade over-

anyway, your paint job is quite good, although i don't agree with your methods. :D

WOW!!! ;) ... Umm, Popkhorne the WHOLE point of this entire HOBBY is to be creative... Guess what, your space marines, night lords, santa, the easter bunny, don't exist either. Hate to break it to you. He likes what he likes. Thats it. All there is to it. Trying to argue things like who could lift what, who could wield what, in a MAKE BELIEVE universe is silly. The flip side to the fluff coin is the art side. You may not understand why he likes it but it doesn't really matter. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder they say. So instead of being an ass, try being more constructive.

-my 2

To the op:

Just stumbled on to your thread, and i must say, fun idea. The amount of work you seem to have put into your conversions is paying off. I enjoyed all the blue pencil sketches, made your intent easy to follow. Keep it up, and ignore the worthless comments of others. Spending too much time in game stores sometimes erodes some of our brothers social skills ;)

WOW!!! :wacko: ... Umm, Popkhorne the WHOLE point of this entire HOBBY is to be creative... Guess what, your space marines, night lords, santa, the easter bunny, don't exist either. Hate to break it to you. He likes what he likes. Thats it. All there is to it. Trying to argue things like who could lift what, who could wield what, in a MAKE BELIEVE universe is silly. The flip side to the fluff coin is the art side. You may not understand why he likes it but it doesn't really matter. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder they say. So instead of being an ass, try being more constructive.

-my 2

To the op:

Just stumbled on to your thread, and i must say, fun idea. The amount of work you seem to have put into your conversions is paying off. I enjoyed all the blue pencil sketches, made your intent easy to follow. Keep it up, and ignore the worthless comments of others. Spending too much time in game stores sometimes erodes some of our brothers social skills :)

I agree with this. There were a couple of mini's in those photos that I wasn't quite sure about, but the rest I thought were well executed, well painted and the army as a whole looks really good. Great work mate and I wish you all the luck in continuing to build this uniquely styled army. I look forward to seeing how those new wolf scoutettes turn out :)

While it may have been said officially that female Astartes don't exist, the rule of 'counts as' sticks two fingers up at that statement and says, as long as WYSIWYG is observed, you could use a shoebox to represent your Rhino's as long as their 'footprint' (excuse any pun) on the table is the same, those shoeboxes could be dedicated transports for tactical squads of wine bottle corks with bolters, frag and krak grenades and bolt pistols stuck on them with blu-tac mounted on 2p coins.

The hobby is what we, the hobbyists make it, and from the sounds of it the poster full of vitriol there inhabits a dark and lonely corner of our hobby universe, which is a shame as there are unlimited possibilites waiting on the otherside of his self errected barricade. At no point has GW said we should be creative, enjoy ouselves or do anything but what we want to do with the models we've spent our had earned cash on. Let's be honest, some of the ideas they've had themselves in the past have been kinda off the wall.

James

Hello again everyone!

Good to see some of you remembered to hate/love me today. ;)

@popkhorne: You've got an opinion stick to it. I'm just sorry we can't play monster toys together because you're

tree fort has a "no girls allowed" sign on the door.

Wolf scouts were done a few months ago, I thought for sure I had pictures up. Haha....Gotta find those.

I'm not sure why no one commented on the green space wolves grey. :huh:

I thought it looked pretty cool.

As far as progress for today goes, I have been INSPIRED! INSPIRED TO DO RAD THINGS!

So I began conceptualization of the newest brain child in my mind.

A new Leslie GrrrmGrrrl project has begun. Scribbles first.

http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx194/ginocoolowski2020/wooofz002.jpg

I started with a "redesign" of Leslie, you'll notice she now has 2 belts of russ. That way she's extra protected.

Which is good considering her attire. I also want her axe to be a lot bigger.

http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx194/ginocoolowski2020/wooofz003.jpg

This is a design for her cape and boots, the cape will have a big wolf pelt on it, and an elaborate tapestry of

Leslie herself, or Leman Russ. OR something. So why does this merit posting? Well you have to see what else is

planned for this model. Let's zoom out.

http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx194/ginocoolowski2020/wooofz004.jpg

YES! That Leman Russ is getting the crap uppercutted right out of it! Complete with flying dead bodies, a comic crew member still in the turret as he's ejected skyward by a massive explosion!

http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx194/ginocoolowski2020/wooofz005.jpg

This is basically another drawing of the same thing but with a side by side of the functionality of such a piece.

I'm going to build a wire armature out of multiple twisted wires together and kneadite.

Kneadite is like industrial strength epoxy putty and it hardens and smells rock hard.

The explosion it self will probably be mostly cotton wool with debris from a LR kit and guardsmen, and plasticard.

I might possibly have to sculpt some of the smaller tapering debris tails with putty if the cotton won't cover the wire right.

And yes, the last drawing is one of a dreadnought dunking a basket ball....I get bored.

So Comments Concerns, Suggestions of how the heck I'm going to do this welcome!

unfortunately for you Kid Famous The Punch i'm afraid Games-workshops "tree fort" has a "no girls allowed" sign on the door as well. i never said you "couldn't" make these models i said if you make them, your playing your own game, because they don't exist in war-hammer...you know the game this forum is dedicated to?

You are welcome to not post in here again PopKhorne if it enrages you to such a degree. Much in the same way that until KidFamous breaks the forum rules he is free to post his army. I don't agree with the female Marines angle but it's his army so he can model it how he wants.

And a word of warning to everyone. If this goes down the road that the Black Widow threads went people will be warned and most probably banned. Constructive criticism is fine, flaming and trolling is not.

I never trolled or flammed anyone i merely expressed an honest opinion, in a civilized and mature way. I was under the impression that was still tolerated on these boards. To be honest your response suprises me, given the fact that what is portrayed here technically speaking, isnt warhammer, and I am the one being reprimanded.

EDIT And i hate to bring this up but in your own words kurgan "The Bolter & Chainsword is dedicated to the Space Marines, Chaos Space Marines, and Inquisition forces of the Warhammer 40,000 universe. " i believe there are no female marines in the "warhammer 40,000 universe" not to mention earlier in this thread Kid Famous stated, and i quote "so it's more like an alternate dimension" doesn't sound like the 40k universe to me. I didnt bring this up earlier because I dont like the idea to begin with, and i dont like being a rules lawyer. Im not sure if that constitutes "breaking forum rules" But your the mod its your call.

unfortunately for you Kid Famous The Punch i'm afraid Games-workshops "tree fort" has a "no girls allowed" sign on the door as well. i never said you "couldn't" make these models i said if you make them, your playing your own game, because they don't exist in war-hammer...you know the game this forum is dedicated to?

I don't want to beat a dead horse, and i would have phrased it more politely but i agree with popkhorne. I like the WHF and 40k settings because they're dark and gruesome...the opposite of anime.

That said, ordinarily i still wouldn't have any problem with this stuff...if it was just a tongue-in cheek gag...but its not.

Yes the games is about creativity, you can create you own chapter, warband, craftworld, IG regiment, Tau sept, etc which is awsome, but when you break the mold entirely, breaking the "rules" of the fictional setting (such as space marines are all male) like popkhorne said you're not playing warhammer anymore. you've diverged into your own fan made universe; which is fine by the way, just don't expect me to like it...or play even a friendly game against you.

anime schoolgirl spacewolves...jeebus man as if werewolves in space weren't bad enough already.

EDIT: more dead horse beating, its kind of stupid and i might be reading to much into the OPs age/gender, but in 10 years when your hormones and "lol boobs" reflex subside is this really an army you're going to look back on and be proud of? ...or even play?

I never trolled or flammed anyone i merely expressed an honest opinion, in a civilized and mature way.

Which is why you weren't warned or "reprimanded" as you put it.

The word of warning (being clearly directed at everyone) is to prevent this thread from winding up like other similar threads have in the past.

Good work Kid, glad to see some new stuff up. The painting is coming along nicely, shading is looking a lot better and loving the shoulder pieces.

Don't worry, games are supposed to be for fun, not so people can get their knickers in a twist when someone does something differently. Also I know you're not a hormone filled 10 year old obsessing over boobs :HQ:

@Popkhorne: umm.... hate to rain on your piss parade, but sisters of battle are females in power armor and GW made female marines back in the day. ITS ALL MADE UP!!!! I mean, do you realize how many times GW has changed the fluff? Salamanders alone went from caribs with giant hammers to baby-saving samaritans. Look at squats, for heavens sake! They were just a bunch of beer swilling space cowboys. As far as being able to wield these weapons? Have you looked at sisters repentia lately? Have fun trying to lift a ginormous chainsword that big for more than about ten minutes. Tell me then how the 40k universe makes any kind of sense. If you want realism, go play Flames of War. Like everyone else said, if it makes you that angry, don't read it, dude. I mean, really, if you absolutely thought that a religion was the worst religion ever, would you go into that church and yell about how it didn't make sense and nobody should believe it? No, you'd go on your way and shake your head at them. So, do that here. Just shake your head at these crazy female space marines that couldn't possibly exist and are completely contrary to the 40k universe (as of this particular codex) and go on your merry way. You were not civil in any way, shape, or form. Saying how his models disgust you? jeesh, dude, that's quite literally the antonym of civility! Constructive criticism. Stick to it.

BTW Kid Famous The Punch, although I'm a kinda die-hard fluff guy, those are really well executed from pictures to models and paint scheme, so keep at it! I'd really like to see the scouts, as I loved the concept art! Also, I really like your paint scheme.... the gray and green color scheme is pretty cool, but I like the other one better. But that's just me, so for what you think is cool;)

Here's my view: its a game which isn't real, so none of it exists, and also, we have all seen the female marine model from the 80s, and the fluff presented by GW changes every 2 minutes anyway. First rogue trader models were the original models, next they're pre-heresy, and who's to say no mary curie sisters of battle scientist didn't expeirment on themselves with gene seeds? *prepares for ordo malleus fans to explode in anger*

Model wise, I love them, you've done what many are afraid to, and it works! All you need is a counts-as chainfist hair straighteners :devil: Good job

Here's my view: its a game which isn't real, so none of it exists, and also, we have all seen the female marine model from the 80s, and the fluff presented by GW changes every 2 minutes anyway. First rogue trader models were the original models, next they're pre-heresy, and who's to say no mary curie sisters of battle scientist didn't expeirment on themselves with gene seeds? *prepares for ordo malleus fans to explode in anger*

Model wise, I love them, you've done what many are afraid to, and it works! All you need is a counts-as chainfist hair straighteners :jaw: Good job

Well put, sir, I totally agree.

we have all seen the female marine model from the 80s, and the fluff presented by GW changes every 2 minutes anyway. First rogue trader models were the original models*

I remember the "female space marine from the 80s" and it was called a "female warrior in powered armor" or a "female adventurer" or some such i.e. not a marine. a year later they had a half eldar ultramarine librarian chapter master(i kid you not, look this up)... what exactly is your point? that a lot of the RT models and fluff were ridiculous? the fluff evolves yes, but not "every 2 minutes" and not radically over a short (years) period of time. The fluff stating that SM are male has never fluctuated. female marines have never officially existed in the fluff and its not unreasonable to assume that they never will.

C&C:first off, let me say that you are a very talented sketch artist, and, while your subject matter isn't to my taste, i cant fault your skills with a pen&pencil.

Painting: tabletop standard, its hard to assess what needs improvement here since you said you are going for cartoon , almost cell shaded look. my only advice would be more highlights, particularly on the armor.

Sculpting: you have a solid start. your proportions are decent, so you must have a good process down for armatures. the main area for improvement is detail, particularly with the faces(octopus lips). it could just be that you need better sculpting tools, what do you use?

Tutorials: http://www.greenstuffsculpting.com/2010/03...-basics-by.html

P.S. also why don't your shirtless women have nipples?? i know i just condemned the whole thing as immature, but if you're going to show flesh you might as well not half ass it. :lol:

P.P.S to my knowledge RT was never pre-heresy, how would you have RT traitors?

To be completely honest I think you need to work on sculpting female heads without their faces ending up looking "chubby".

I know sculpting females is hard as hell, I've tried it for fun and gave up, they all usually come out looking like they have a severe disease (no offence to anyone who knows someone with a physically altering disease).

You are far better at drawing females than sculpting them, and if you practice enough you might end up doing some great female sculpts so keep at it.

As far as the whole concept goes I cannot say I endorse this (I don't care if one wants to make female shpess marines or not, that debate will never end and does not belong here), but for me the Wolves' imagery is based on Norse myth as well as actual findings from the vikings and while I love anime, seeing them merged is horrific for me :) (But I'm disgusted at GWs way of giving them horrible punker-hairstyles and thus resculpt plenty on my wolves).

Just some (hopefully) constructive critisism.

@The Crimson Cartel: Oh, it looks like you finally figured it out. I'm the Cursed 11th Legion. The one that Horus "smashed" in his vision. Maybe I'll elaborate more on how such a chapter had resurged, but maybe also I will be destroyed by Legio Ministratum forces before I can devulge such secrets. :)

@Muller: Yeah, I did many of the original girls within less than 2 weeks. And faces are the hardest part. The runepriestess is the only one I was really taking more time on but I still had to rush parts of her. Once I get the new blood angles girl done you can all see the progress I've made with faces. And the whole rushed for a tournament thing is also why many of the girls don't have nipples. But I'm probably going to paint them on, or cover them with tattoos or warpaint or something.

Speaking of the new stuff, sorry I have been quite busy and haven't been able to take photos. I hope that I am not too dead later today so I can take some pictures.

I quite enjoy any take on female space marines, the fact that according to fluff they cant exist doesn't mean much to me, as GW rewrite their fluff so often things that used to be "illegal" are now common practice.

Hell, they could be from an alternate reality where only females can be space marines, due to blah blah, then went through a space time rift thingy and ended up here :)

love the idea's in this thread and the execution of the models. well done you!

Coincidently, I run a RPG on another site where that is actually the case...

But then again, it ain't 40k at all, so we can't talk about it lest I get thrown into a well with an Inquisitor telling me to rub lotion on my face.

btw; you yet started on the explosion punch thingy?

Archived