Deathwatch: The RPG

Heh, nice save.

Rule #35: There will be Monty Python references to the Inquisition

Rule #36: GM: "No, you can't do that, that would screw the game up... :D"

Player: "But I'm a space marine! Cmon dude! They can do anything!"

Rule 39: The first major fan-supplement, will have the party play as Imperial Fists, while drunk. At the start of play, everyone's names are placed in a hat. Each player must draw two names. They are obsessed with the first and have a long standing vendetta against the second. Bonus xp is to be awarded for behaviour in keeping with the style of Ian Watson's Space Marine. Particularly successful missions will be commemorated with a new brand on the buttocks.

rule 40: exterminatus are not hand weapons!!!!!!

rule 41: no, no its not possible to play marneus calgar, vulkan he'stan, dante, tycho, sanguinor, the ubber chaplain whit black wings, belial, azrael, logan, khan, lysander, cassius, shrike, cantor, tigrius, sicarius, samael, ezikiel, asmodai, helbrech, ragnar, njal stormcaller, ulrik the slayer, lukas the trickster and ceartain not canis wolfborn

rule 42: EXTERMINATUS ARE NOT HAND WEAPONS!!!!!!

rule 41: no, no its not possible to play marneus calgar, vulkan he'stan, dante, tycho, sanguinor, the ubber chaplain whit black wings, belial, azrael, logan, khan, lysander, cassius, shrike, cantor, tigrius, sicarius, samael, ezikiel, asmodai, helbrech, ragnar, njal stormcaller, ulrik the slayer, lukas the trickster and ceartain not canis wolfborn.

Did that one alread; "No Names" :)

Rule 42: The answer to the question of life, the universe, and everything with in the Imperium is: EXTERMINATUS

Rule 43: Thou shall not investigate the rule between 33 and 35. No such rule exists or has ever existed. To question is to become a heretic

Edited by blackoption

• 4 months later...
#44: Some fangirl/fanboy will try to create either a BA named Edward, or a SW called Jacob. If this happens: Banhammer

:) I swear if someone in my group even throws one of those comments my way....A WILD HIVE TYRANT APPEARS WHAT DO?

Oh and good job covering "The forbidden rule"...

#45: somebody will load up the Ultramarine medic in a siege gun and fire it just so said medic can keep up with the Dark Angel assault marine.

#46: said siege gun will then jam.

Both happened in our game yesterday :P

#47: Black Dragons shouldn't be in the Deathwatch...being around Inquisitors with those bone blade things is just asking for it.

And am incredibly dense for not getting the joke about #34? If it's something horrible you can totally PM me, I just want to get the joke like everyone else.

• 3 weeks later...

48. Someone will want to try playing a Marine from one of the Traitor Legions. This is only a problem if they object to the entire first session consisting of their character being murdered to death by the other PCs.

(Actually had this conversation the evening I announced my intention to run a Deathwatch campaign. To be fair, the player in question was quite drunk, and seemed to have confused the Emperor's Children with one of the loyalist chapters.)

Rule 39: The first major fan-supplement, will have the party play as Imperial Fists, while drunk. At the start of play, everyone's names are placed in a hat. Each player must draw two names. They are obsessed with the first and have a long standing vendetta against the second. Bonus xp is to be awarded for behaviour in keeping with the style of Ian Watson's Space Marine. Particularly successful missions will be commemorated with a new brand on the buttocks.

The worst thing is, I think my gaming group would let me run this.

I must not succumb to temptation.

Edited by Maladict