Successor Chapters of the Ultramarines Legion

Is it worth making a note as to which Primogenitors appear in the (more conservative) Apocrypha of Davio, and which do not? Doom Eagles, for example, aren't listed in the current Codex – which implies that they're one of the 23 mentioned in the Apocrypha of Skaros (or at least somewhere else).

I dunno. Is the Apocrypha of Davio important and worth mentioning? Or is it merely an irrelevant detail, like "Brother So-and-so was a member of the Deathwatch for six months." What do you think, Frater?

Codex Ultramarines does state that they are known to a 2nd Founding Ultramarine Successor - so presumably there is some evidence to prove it even if they aren't listed in the Apocrypha of Davio.

Not being listed in the Apocrypha of Davio doesn't cast doubt on a Chapter's Primogenitor status. In fact, the AoSkaros says that there are 23 Primogenitors and only 8 of them are listed in the AoDavio.

I'd say being one of the 8 listed in the AoDavio is worth noting, but being listed in the Apocrypha Of ___X___ instead would be equally noteworthy.

For you Doom Eagle fans out there, since I think I am one of the only Black Library fans on this sight. :) I just want to say the book Black Tide contains a really great character that just happens to be a Doom Eagle. That is all I can say really Edited by Anerythristic

For you Doom Eagle fans out there, since I think I am one of the only Black Library fans on this sight. :Elite: I just want to say the book Black Tide contains a really great character that just happens to be a Doom Eagle. That is all I can say really

So you can't say anything we can actually use for this project? :)

• 2 weeks later...

Has this project been abandoned? I thought it was a cool idea :D

There is a short story about Doom Eagles in Legends of the Space Marines released next month (I think it's called "The Returned" by James Swallow). Maybe they'll be some more fluff about them in there...

Has this project been abandoned? I thought it was a cool idea :D

I'm waiting for someone to look up the above references and write up some paragraphs on the Doom Eagles' background, or trying to find some free time to do it myself, whichever comes first. I'm swamped next week, though, so I don't expect to get to it (or the Chapter symbol) for at least a week.

BP, I have some bad news. When I upgraded to Windows 7 it wiped out the remaining time in my 30-day trial of Photoshop. You'll have to con someone else into making the Genesis Chapter, Novamarines, Praetors of Orpheus, Silver Eagles, and White Consuls.

BP, I have some bad news. When I upgraded to Windows 7 it wiped out the remaining time in my 30-day trial of Photoshop. You'll have to con someone else into making the Genesis Chapter, Novamarines, Praetors of Orpheus, Silver Eagles, and White Consuls.

You should look for GIMP(it's on version 2.x I think now) Palladorous. It's free and does a lot of the stuff that Photoshop does. Also some of the Chapter symbols you are working on may already be in the downloads area in the decal section. May save you some time.

Sorry about the delay, folks. I made a beautiful logo for the Doom Eagles, then I hit the wrong button and erased it. That made me so mad that I slammed my fist down on the desk, rattling my computer so badly that it needs to be repaired. So remember, kids: save early, save often! Edited by Brother Pariah

The true glory of 40K is that percussive maintenance is effective in the grim darkness of the far future.

I'm good with ravening horrors from beyond if I can hit my computer and have it work.

im confused...the ultramarine and doom eagles entries on page one are not in english-whats going on?

Its placeholder text to show off the layout before the text is finished. wiki

Edited by Vodunius

• 4 months later...

Has this thread totally died? I'm asking because it was my favorite topic ever <_<

To Apologist, if you're reading this:

Loved your fluff, but what does this mean?

"A chapter was estimated to be the most efficient group possible during the Great Crusade – large enough to prosecute a campaign across an extended front, but small enough that the Legion's forces could operate across an immense front."

Edited by Tranc

Has this thread totally died? I'm asking because it was my favorite topic ever :P

It's basically died. No one seemed to want to do a write-up of the Doom Eagles, so it's on hiatus until someone takes the time to do the research and a write-up. If it's really your favorite, do the legwork and I'll get back in the saddle, but I can't carry the whole project myself.

Hello,

Well I have been released and assigned to CHU duty so I now have excessive amounts of time on my hands. So I could do the write ups, however, I cannot do the research because all I have is a photo copy of my codex my wife sent me and the SRB. So, if this will help I would be glad to help, if my limited resources will be more of a hinderence I understand but I thought I'd offer.

• 4 months later...

*bump*

Since this SHOULD be our final repository of all things Ultramarines Successor related, I'll add my findings here instead of some thread that will soon fall off the edge of the map.

Imperial Armour Volume 9: Badab War Part 1:

• According to The Fire Hawks themselves, the Chapter is an Ultramarines Successor. No one else appears to have evidence to support or refute this claim.
  • The Marines Errant Chapter is a direct descendant of The Eagle Warriors Chapter, which are, of course, an Ultramarines Primogenitor.
    The exact notation given for this situation (for future reference) is as follows:
    GENE-SEED (PREDECESSOR): .....ULTRAMARINES [EAGLE WARRIORS]
    They are a 25th Founding (M37) Chapter.
  • The Fire Angels Chapter is simply noted as being an Ultramarines Successor of the 25th Founding (M40).
  • The Novamarines are noted as having donated Gene-Seed towards the creation of Ultramarines Successor Chapters The Dark Sons and The Angels Of Fury
  • In case there was any doubt about them (I lose track), The Howling Griffons are definitively noted as an Ultramarines Successor and are simultaneously ruled out as a Primogenitor because their Founding, while marked "Unknown", is noted as being circa M33.

So that should help confirm some stuff, and now we can now add the following to our list of Successors (if we didn't already have them):

• The Marines Errant
  • The Dark Sons
  • The Angels Of Fury
  • The Fire Angels

We kinda need to get back to work on this project, eh?

I got my Photoshop working again :HQ:

Edited by The Emperor's Champion