++CRUSADE EXPANSION VI++

Von Richthofen

Templars Brethren,

Once again it is time to make an impression on our High Marshal Helbrecht, or at the very least get a fig or two painted. I present to you the sixth:

Black Templars Crusade Expansion Challenge!

We all have something on our painting tables that we have to finish, and here's your motivation to expand your crusade.

How it works:

- From Monday March 15th, 2010 until Monday March 29th, 2010 you may take the 'oath of completion'. You may commit to painting any legal item for your Black Templars army. It could be an independent character, a squad, or even a vehicle. Unlike in previous years, this year you may submit a maximum of one independent character, one squad, or one vehicle, chosen from anywhere in our codex. I'm issuing this change because many people have a tendency to 'bite off more than they can chew', and they fail in their oath because they can't live up to their early enthusiasm. I know that there are those among you who could (and have) finished large 'armies', but there is another reason (explained below) for this change.

- After March 29th, new oaths will not be accepted. Afterwards you will have four weeks to complete your paint job and take a picture of your new addition to your crusade and add it to this topic.

- You will have until April 26th, 2010 to complete your painting. In total that gives you six weeks to complete your oath and post your picture, if you start tomorrow.

- To a large degree this will work on an honour system. Please commit to an unpainted model or squad for your army. It can be assembled, even primed, but not painted. Although you don't have to take a before picture, you must post a completed picture to truly fulfill the oath. The picture is mostly for verification so it does not have to be a super high quality picture.

What do you get for completing the oath?

You would think that expanding your crusade would be enough, but there's more... You will be noted in this thread before it is locked as having finished your model (once you post your picture). You will also have the honour (if you so desire) to have your picture added to a Templar Painting Challenge sticky at the top of the forum. There is also the usual small 'reward banner' I have created that you will be able to add to your signature file. This banner will righteously note that you have accepted, and completed the challenge of expanding your crusade. The banner will be hot linked to the Gallery where your work will be displayed for all to admire or fear. Please note that this year's banner(s) will vary slightly in format from previous ones.

To make an Oath, please copy and paste the Oath as it appears below into your post, with the name of the unit in boldface (to make my life easier). Please write out an individual oath for each unit you are vowing to complete, to a maximum of one of each type.

The Oath of Completion

High Marshal Helbrecht has issued the order to expand your Crusade. Will you answer the challenge? By taking this oath, you are committing to the following:

I will fully paint (and base) any one legal squad, character, independent character, or vehicle(s) for my Crusade. I will have this model completed by no later than April 26th, 2010. I will also provide a picture showing my glorious addition to my Crusade.

Reward Banners:

-This year, to spice things up a bit, there will be a smaller banner detailing your success in any one or all of the three categories. The banners will be sized so that you may display all three in your sig file if desired.

Best of the Expansion:

- In addition to the change with the banners, this year all members who have completed at least one of their Oaths will be able to vote on the other entries in the Challenge (but not their own) to choose the best unit in each category. As long as you participate and complete at least one oath, you may vote in that category. If you failed in your oath or didn't make one in any particular category, you cannot vote in that category. This will represent those who have fulfilled Helbrecht's request celebrating the best effort among their brethren. The winner in each category will receive a modified banner.

Important notes:

- Remember, the picture(s) of your unit(s) doesn't have to be perfect. If you don't want to have it added to the Challenge gallery, it doesn't have to be (though I don't know why you would deny yourself the honour. wink.gif )

- If you need somewhere to host your pictures, remember that as a member of the B&C you have access to your own gallery space. If you need help with this, please let me or DasPanzerIstUber know.

- Only participants who complete the challenge will be allowed to use the banner(s) recognizing their contribution to their Crusade. If I see you using the banner(s) and you haven't completed your oath, I will send a Neophyte to your house to poke you in the eye, then your banner will be unceremoniously removed.

- You may only vow to complete a maximum of one Independent Character, one Squad, and one Vehicle. You may vow to complete all three, or any one or two, but you may not vow to complete two units from the same category. These units do not have to be individual Force-org Chart selections, so you could do a Marshal, his Command Squad, and their Rhino, for example.

- Units MUST be from the BT Codex, so no allies whatsoever. However, you may paint your models in a variant colour scheme if your Crusade is called something different or just has different taste than Black and White.

Crusaders who have taken the oath and accepted the challenge:

Sven Bloodskull

- Emperor's Champion

- Crusader Squad of 10 Initaites and 4 Neophytes

- Land Raider Crusader

Support By Fire

- Crusader Squad of 5 Initiates and 1 Neophyte

- Land speeder Tornado

DasPanzerIstUber

- Attack Bike Squadron consisting of 2 Attack Bikes

Kronk

- High Marshal Helbrecht

Dannis

- Emperor's Champion

- Land Speeder

Perry T

- Emperor’s Champion

CastellanDeMolay

- Crusader squad, composing of: ten Initiates and ten Neophytes

- Rhino

Ryld

- Marshal with Lightning Claws

- Sword Brethren Terminator Assault Squad of 6 models

Ian Mackay

- Castellan with combi-melta and power axe

- Crusader Squad of 10 Initaites and 5 Neophytes

bt_master

- Emperor’s Champion

- Crusader Squad of 6 Initiates

Marshal Laeroth

- Crusader Squad consisting of 5 Initiates and 4 Neophytes

- Rhino

Marshal Hadrarius

- Crusader Squad of 6 Initiates

Teku

- Assault Squad of 5 Initiates

Burningblood

- Emperor's Champion

- Sword Brethren Assault Terminator Squad of 6 models

- Land Raider Crusader

bigdunc

- Emperor’s Champion

- Command Squad

- Land Speeder Squadron of 2 models

FusionHS

- Emperor’s Champion

skryeguy1

- Venerable Dreadnough

saadeath

- Chaplain with Powerfist

- Dreadnought with arm variants

Gaius Valarius

- Drop Pod

reaver13

- Marshal

- Crusader Squad of 5 Initiates

Iago

- Crusader Squad of 5 Initiates and 2 Neophytes

Twisted Logic

- Sword Brethren Terminator Assault Squad of 5 models

- Venerable Dreadnought

Brother_Cowboy

- Crusader Squad of 10 Initiates

- Venerable Dreadnought

Mac_Atk

- Land Raider Crusader

The9Ravan

- Sword Brethren Terminator Squad of 5 models

Hugh De Paynes

- Landspeeder Tornado

Firepower

- Emperor’s Champion

Marshal Arturas

- Terminator Chaplain

- Land Speeder

bt2278

- Castellan (power-armored, powerweapon & plasma pistol (magnetized))

- Crusader Squad (5 Initiates, powerfist, flamer, bolters)

- Rhino/Razorback (completely magnetized)

++The above list has been updated with all Oathtakers. Oaths are no longer being accepted. This topic was locked as of midnight, central time, on April 26th, 2010. Eventually, it will be incorporated into the larger Crusade Expansion thread and your reward banners will be sent out.++

May Dorn guide your paint brushes! For the Emperor!

I will fully paint (and base) any one legal squad, character, independent character, or vehicle(s) for my Crusade. I will have this model completed by no later than April 26th, 2010. I will also provide a picture showing my glorious addition to my Crusade.

Do we have to say already what to do? Like in LPC?

Edit

Hmm ok DPU, then I will wait a week or two before vowing, as I have several upcoming projects and I haven't decided yet if I can paint a squad in April (I was planning to do about 2/3 vehicles :P)

Yes just copy/paste and then input whatever unit/s you will be painting.

For example;

I will fully paint (and base) a Crusader Squad numbering 15 men, a Marshal in Terminator Armour and a Razorback for my Crusade. I will have these models completed by no later than April 26th, 2010. I will also provide a picture showing my glorious addition to my Crusade.

I will fully paint (and base) a Crusader Squad of 10 Initaites and 4 Neophytes for my Crusade. I will have these models completed by no later than April 26th, 2010. I will also provide a picture showing my glorious addition to my Crusade.

I will fully paint (and base) an Emperor's Champion for my Crusade. I will have this model completed by no later than April 26th, 2010. I will also provide a picture showing my glorious addition to my Crusade.

I will fully paint (and base) a Land Raider Crusader for my Crusade. I will have this model completed by no later than April 26th, 2010. I will also provide a picture showing my glorious addition to my Crusade.

Marshal Hellmund

I will fully paint (and base) a Crusader Squad of 5 Initiates and 1 Neophyte for my Crusade. I will have this model completed by no later than April 26th, 2010. I will also provide a picture showing my glorious addition to my Crusade.

I will fully paint (and base) a Land speeder Tornado for my Crusade. I will have this model completed by no later than April 26th, 2010. I will also provide a picture showing my glorious addition to my Crusade.

I will fully paint (and base) an Attack Bike Squadron consisting of 2 Attack Bikes for my Crusade. I will have these models completed by no later than April 26th, 2010. I will also provide a picture showing my glorious addition to my Crusade.

I will fully paint (and base) High Marshal Helbrecht for my Crusade. I will have this model completed by no later than April 26th, 2010. I will also provide a picture showing my glorious addition to my Crusade.

Well ok, I have decided for now. I will see later on this month if I'm up for some Initiates in April ;)

I will fully paint (and base) one Speeder for my Crusade. I will have this model completed by no later than April 26th, 2010. I will also provide a picture showing my glorious addition to my Crusade.

I will fully paint (and base) one Emperor's Championfor my Crusade. I will have this model completed by no later than April 26th, 2010. I will also provide a picture showing my glorious addition to my Crusade.

I will fully paint (and base) one emperors champion for my Crusade. I will have this model completed by no later than April 26th, 2010. I will also provide a picture showing my glorious addition to my Crusade.

I will fully paint (and base) a Crusader squad, composing of: ten Initiates and ten Neophytes for my Crusade. I will have these models completed by no later than April 26th, 2010. I will also provide a picture showing my glorious addition to my Crusade.

I will fully paint (and base) a Rhino for my Crusade. I will have this model completed by no later than April 26th, 2010. I will also provide a picture showing my glorious addition to my Crusade.

I will fully p... looks down. Bugger.

I will fully paint (and base) six Storm Brethren Assault Terminators for my Crusade. I will have these models completed by no later than April 26th, 2010. I will also provide a picture showing my glorious addition to my Crusade.

I will fully paint (and base) one independent character (Marshall with Lightning Claws) for my Crusade. I will have this model completed by no later than April 26th, 2010. I will also provide a picture showing my glorious addition to my Crusade.

I will fully paint (and base) a Crusader Squad of 10 Initaites and 5 Neophytes for my Crusade. I will have these models completed by no later than April 26th, 2010. I will also provide a picture showing my glorious addition to my Crusade.

I will fully paint (and base) a Castellan with combi-melta and power axe for my Crusade. I will have this model completed by no later than April 26th, 2010. I will also provide a picture showing my glorious addition to my Crusade.

I will fully paint (and base) a Rhino for my Crusade. I will have this model completed by no later than April 26th, 2010. I will also provide a picture showing my glorious addition to my Crusade.

I will fully paint (and base) a Dreadnaught for my Crusade. I will have this model completed by no later than April 26th, 2010. I will also provide a picture showing my glorious addition to my Crusade. (walker/vehicle, totally different things until I get told off by the organiser)

Keep in mind, brother, that a dreadnought is a vehicle, and so is a rhino, so you'll have to drop one or the other...

I will fully paint (and base) one Crusader Squad consisting of 5 Initiates and 4 Neophytes for my Crusade. I will have this model completed by no later than April 26th, 2010. I will also provide a picture showing my glorious addition to my Crusade.

I will fully paint (and base) one Rhino for my Crusade. I will have this model completed by no later than April 26th, 2010. I will also provide a picture showing my glorious addition to my Crusade.

I will fully paint (and base) a 6 Man Las/Plas crusader Sqd for my Crusade. I will have these models completed by no later than April 26th, 2010. I will also provide a picture showing my glorious addition to my Crusade.

Fingers crossed for this expansion!

I will fully paint (and base) a Crusader Squad of 5 Initiates with jump backs for my Crusade. I will have these models completed by no later than April 26th, 2010. I will also provide a picture showing my glorious addition to my Crusade.

I will fully paint (and base) a Crusader Squad of 5 Neophytes for my Crusade. I will have these models completed by no later than April 26th, 2010. I will also provide a picture showing my glorious addition to my Crusade.

Unfortunately, 5 Neophytes does not a legal squad make. You'll need at least 5 Initiates to make it a squad, followed by any number of Neophytes. Sorry!

I will fully paint (and base) a Crusader Squad of 5 Neophytes for my Crusade. I will have these models completed by no later than April 26th, 2010. I will also provide a picture showing my glorious addition to my Crusade.

Unfortunately, 5 Neophytes does not a legal squad make. You'll need at least 5 Initiates to make it a squad, followed by any number of Neophytes. Sorry!

post modifyed. Hope 5 Initiates with jumpback is okay?

I vow to fully paint my Emperor's Champion

I vow to also fully paint his Land Raider Crusader, because its the only way to ride.

I vow also to fully paint 6 assault terminators, because who else should be riding with him?

I will fully paint and base a new Emperor's Champion for my Crusade. I will have this model completed by no later than April 26th, 2010. I will also provide a picture showing my glorious addition to my Crusade.

I will fully paint and base a Command Squad for my Crusade. I will have this model completed by no later than April 26th, 2010. I will also provide a picture showing my glorious addition to my Crusade.

I will fully paint and base a squadron of two Landspeeders for my Crusade. I will have this model completed by no later than April 26th, 2010. I will also provide a picture showing my glorious addition to my Crusade.

Edit: Removed Chaplain

Archived